As Long As I Have You

irg82

Do you guys know what gig has the clearest recording of this song? I have one of the Boston shows (EVSD Boston After Dark), but the sound quality isn't that good. Also, when was the last time they played this song? Thanks. B) B)

yeah good stuff

the guitar/bass/drums are pretty well represented.

the vocals come up short :(

anybody else know of other boots just waiting around for me to download them?

If the new site is like the old, and I fully expect it to be as it's tied to the band officially now, posting bootlegs here is not permitted.

yeah good stuff

the guitar/bass/drums are pretty well represented.

the vocals come up short :(

anybody else know of other boots just waiting around for me to download them?

At one time there was a number of shows JPJ did with Mutual Appreciation Society available for

download. Let me know if you have any luck.

Does anyone know who originally performed this song? I've tried doing some google searching but I found no other song that resembles what I hear Plant singing... I'm sure someone here must know...

And it's good that you did not lose your hope, i thought it would be pretty weird if the experts wouldn't gather here!

Anyways, Garnett Mimms - As Long As I Have You. Propably elvis too but who knows? (googlesearch *rolleyes)

And it's good that you did not lose your hope, i thought it would be pretty weird if the experts wouldn't gather here!

Anyways, Garnett Mimms - As Long As I Have You. Propably elvis too but who knows? (googlesearch *rolleyes)

yup it most certainly is garnett mimms.

brilliant tune.

plant does great job on the aforementioned '69 fillmore boot.

:)

Seconded.

'As Long As I Have You' from 4-27-69..very excellent..Sorry haven't heard the others..but this version is very "clean, crisp." Up there with 'Train Kept' and 'Sitting and thinking'..all very good "unreleased" zep tunes which should be made to the public....hhmm..if plant is not going to do a reunion tour..perhaps page & jones could bide their time with putting out a "coda II" with "new, unreleased" live tracks....ooppss...sorry i'm new to this...but yeah. maybe a new thread? anyways 4-27-69 version is the best quality/"professional" version of the era..this is the 21st century not the 70's or even 90's..

I guess I should probably "fourth" the 4-27-69 version. Great performance all around. The Devil's Blues is the best sounding bootleg of this show that I've heard, from what I can remember... Is Collage also a recording of this show? I can't remember, but I know the sound of Devil's Blues is better than that...

yup it most certainly is garnett mimms.

brilliant tune.

plant does great job on the aforementioned '69 fillmore boot.

:)

I just listened to a bit of this on Itunes. My GOD did they totally tear this mother down to the foundation and rebuild it as a heavy metal riffer. Same thing with For Your Love when they played it in the Gonzaga show.

The original As Long As I Have You has backup singers and a horn section ;)

• 2 years later...

Archived