Spiritual Musings

Bilbo the Rover

"All men dream — but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence

"Music is the celestial sound, and it is sound that controls the whole universe, not atomic vibrations. Sound energy, sound power, is much, much greater than any other power in the world."

~Swami Satchidananda

That is a very good quote. B) Thanks for that one.

Eternity

By Calvin Klein

ETERNITY_M.JPG

:hysterical::hysterical:

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."

~Winnie the Pooh

I read a book once called the Tao of Pooh. There was a sequel to the book too, but i forget the name of it. The books were quite interesting, they explained taoism through Winnie the Pooh. After reading those books I realized that Winnie the Pooh books really demonstrate some amazing principles to live by. They are far more philosophical than anyone ever realizes.

Nice quotes!

Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.

--Salvador Dali

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.

--Salvador Dali

Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure -

that of being [myself].

--Salvador Dali

"So much for your moment of prayer

God's not at home

There is no there, there

Lost in the stars, that's what you are

Left here on your own.

You can only hope to live on this earth

This here is it, for all it's worth

Nothing else awaits you, no second birth

No starry crown"

--James Talyor Up From Your Life

God made Truth with many doors to welcome every believer who knocks on them.

~Kahlil Gibran

I love this! It is soo true!

Eternity

By William Blake

He who binds himself a joy

Does the winged life destroy.

But he who kisses the joy as it flies

Lives in eternity's sun rise.

:hippy:

William Blake is a favorite of mine. :)

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”

~Winnie the Pooh

:lol:

"Do you not know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?" - Pope Julius III

Geez---isn't this one the truth of the world?

Here's my addition--a little too deep for some readers:

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

and

"A day without sun is like night."

:D

It is always the false that makes you suffer, the false desires and fears, the false values and ideas, the false relationships between people. Abandon the false and you are free of pain; truth makes happy, truth liberates.

~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

I get periodic glimpses that I am ready to go. The day passes and at its' close, I remind myself of a mantra I recite daily, every morning: "This day will be over before you know it". I amuse myself by always being right. It's a strange feeling to collect those utterances and see how they form a pool of water beneath my feet after each step I travel. Strange that I step in the the same pool ... always treading water; rather than ever moving at all. Sometimes, in order to break the sameness of always seeing my words come to pass as they are uttered, I interject "You'll be dead before you know it". The mock severity reminds me that as each moment passes ... so will my death come within the same, exact moment. And so life moves without moving at all.

I had a dream one night after worshiping God. I dreamed I was in the shower, staring into a mirror. Inside the mirror was a red veil; and upon seeing this reflection I realized that I was divorced from every thing I saw and felt and thought. It was much different than merely seeing myself objectively, as an observer watching a film; it was the feeling one gets from staring at rippling water too long. It was a feeling of neither here nor there. It was watching my mind dissolve into the pool of water collecting at my feet, as I cleansed a body that was never really there in the first place.

~666

My heart bursts, and the hot, red, liquid ruby I bought you for our wedding day bathes my face; hiding me from all the Devas who revile in the animal sacrifice offered by me at your lotus feet.

My love, didn't you say how thirsty you are for the blood of Man?

... for the Hot Wine that pours in crimson founts; that fills your cup ...

... that forms the lac-dye that dresses the soles of your blessed feet?

... that forms the sindoor that paints the part in your hair you wear to show the world you are betrothed to me, and me alone?

My skin turns pallid, then wan, then marble white; white as the cremation-ground ash that smears my body,as my sacrifice drips from your toes like the water of the Ganges and blesses the Head of Siva; upon which your lovely feet rest.

My love, your thirst is insatiable ... so I will to become born again; into a fleshly tomb so that I can forever give myself to you.

Thank you both for your posts ! Beautiful quote Hermit, lovely. Scratch, I always appreciate your personal thoughts, I've tried in the past to add things from my own life , not just pull a "quote of the day" out of one of my notebooks, but I fall back on that sadly. It is both brave and touching...Thank you Brother.....

Thank you both for your posts ! Beautiful quote Hermit, lovely. Scratch, I always appreciate your personal thoughts, I've tried in the past to add things from my own life , not just pull a "quote of the day" out of one of my notebooks, but I fall back on that sadly. It is both brave and touching...Thank you Brother.....

We'll see how brave ... or foolish.

I sent the above to my Priest's wife.

~

"The heart itself is only a small vessel,

yet dragons are there, and lions,

there are poisonous beasts,

and all the treasures of evil,

there are rough and uneven roads,

there are precipes;

but there too is God and the angels,

life is there, and the Kingdom,

there too is light, and there the apostles