Spiritual Musings

Bilbo the Rover

Remember, God has put in you everything you need to live a victorious life. Now, it's up to you to draw it out....What does it mean to become a better you? First, you understand that God wants you to become all that He created you to be. Second, it is imperative that you realize that God will do His part, but you must do your part as well. To become a better you, you must:

1. Keep pressing forward.

2. Be positive toward yourself.

3. Develop better relationships.

4. Form better habits.

5. Embrace the place where you are.

6. Develop your inner life.

7. Stay passionate about life.

- Joel Osteen

" A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them. Then, they dwell in the house next door, and at any moment a flame may dart out and set fire to his own house. Whenever we give up, leave behind and forget too much, there is always the danger that the things we neglected will return with added force." - Carl Jung

Esmé gave me a long, faintly clinical look. "You have a dry sense of humor, haven't you?" she said--wistfully. "Father said I have no sense of humor at all. He said I was unequipped to meet life because I have no sense of humor."

Watching her, I lit a cigarette and said I didn't think a sense of humor was of any use in a real pinch.

"Father said it was."

This was a statement of faith, not a contradiction, and I quickly switched horses. I nodded and said her father had probably taken the long view, while I was taking the short (whatever that meant).

- For Esmé--With Love and Squalor, Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger

"The philosopher Diogenes was sitting on a curbstone, eating bread and lentils for his supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king. Said Aristippus, "If you would learn to be subservient to the king, you would not have to live on lentils." Said Diogenes, "Learn to live on lentils, and you will not have to cultivate the king." - Louis I. Newman

Interrelationship

By Thich Nhat Hanh

You are me, and I am you.

Isn't it obvious that we "inter-are"?

You cultivate the flower in yourself,

so that I will be beautiful.

I transform the garbage in myself,

so that you will not have to suffer.

I support you;

you support me.

I am in this world to offer you peace;

you are in this world to bring me joy.

:hippy:

Interrelationship

By Thich Nhat Hanh

You are me, and I am you.

Isn't it obvious that we "inter-are"?

You cultivate the flower in yourself,

so that I will be beautiful.

I transform the garbage in myself,

so that you will not have to suffer.

I support you;

you support me.

I am in this world to offer you peace;

you are in this world to bring me joy.

:hippy:

I didn't know you loved Ganeshji.

I love Lord Ganesh.

~

I'm looking at things pass before my eyes ... and my first thought is to grasp them.

But I suddenly remember that I have done this before. It's grasping the shadow of my own hand ... and my hand comes back empty ... but the shadow remains.

Strange that the shadow always makes me want to look at it.

It's so pretty.

I love the shadow of my own hand ... the thing that my hand creates for itself ... for myself.

I turned on the light that glows from behind, after all.

I wonder if I would desire the shadow if I turned off the light?

I guess I should try.

~Mandiji

I have decided that I need to do tapas for Shivashakti, so I have committed to celebrate the period between Sat Rudra Abhishekam (DEC 08 this year) and Makar Sankranti (JAN 14 ... my birthday) by abstaining from alcohol and tobacco (I will not fast from food because I am already vegetarian ... but I will only consume sattvic foods) and rising every morning at 5am to do hatha yoga with my priest and his wife during the entire period.

So ... I will get my drunk on this week and prepare myself mentally for my austerities.

The time is running short so ...

Wish me luck and blessings.

Bitches.

Aum Gam Ganapatiye Namaha.

~666

I have decided that I need to do tapas for Shivashakti, so I have committed to celebrate the period between Sat Rudra Abhishekam (DEC 08 this year) and Makar Sankranti (JAN 14 ... my birthday) by abstaining from alcohol and tobacco (I will not fast from food because I am already vegetarian ... but I will only consume sattvic foods) and rising every morning at 5am to do hatha yoga with my priest and his wife during the entire period.

So ... I will get my drunk on this week and prepare myself mentally for my austerities.

The time is running short so ...

Wish me luck and blessings.

Bitches.

Aum Gam Ganapatiye Namaha.

~666

Good Luck Brother !

"I pray for the strength to accept that lives most often end in tragedy, that quests don’t always work, that understanding is a long and lonely hunt, that I can’t reason my way to love, eat gold, or live forever. And that none of this matters. I pray to understand that I am here to find my way back to God, whatever that takes, and all the rest, save love and duty, is an illusion." - John Taylor Gatto

"You say you have no faith? Love — and faith will come. You say you are sad? Love — and joy will come. You say you are alone? Love — and you will break out of your solitude. You say you are in hell? Love — and you will find yourself in heaven. Heaven is love."

- Carlo Carretto

Archived