Spiritual Musings

Bilbo the Rover

"There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ( Always have faith fellow Hobbits)

Amen Brother ! Amen ! Good to see you here Pilot ! Thank you for your wonderful additions !

Good morning Dear Hobbit (well it is 01:15hrs here). Just got in from seeing this band in Sheffield

http://www.sahbofficial.co.uk/

Different to say the least. Ever heard of 'em?

So just sat sippin' JD and chillin'

Drift Away

DOBIE GRAY

Day after day I'm more confused

So I look for the light in the pouring rain

You know that's a game that I hate to lose

I'm feelin' the strain, ain't it a shame

Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul

I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul

I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Beginning to think that I'm wastin' time

I don't understand the things I do

The world outside looks so unkind

I'm countin' on you to carry me through

And when my mind is free

You know a melody can move me

And when I'm feelin' blue

The guitar's comin' through to soothe me

Thanks for the joy that you've given me

I want you to know I believe in your song

Rhythm and rhyme and harmony

You help me along makin' me strong

( For Robert, Jimmy, John Paul, John and Jason)

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

"As you get older it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary."

"I know now that there is no one thing that is true - it is all true."

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime."

All from Ernest Hemingway

" Oh Lord of the Universe, I will sing thee a song, Where canst Thou be found ? and where canst Thou not be found ? Where I pass-there art Thou, Where I remain, there too, Thou art. Thou,Thou, and only Thou. Doth it go well, 'tis Thanks to Thee, Doth it go ill, ah, 'tis also Thanks to Thee. Thou art,Thou hast been, and Thou will be. Thou didst reign, Thou reinest, and Thou wilt reign. Thine is heaven,Thine is Earth, Thou fillest the highest regions, and Thou fillest the low regions. Wheresoever I turn, Thou, oh Thou, art there." - Leon Stein

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." - Arthur Ashe

"Life has its own hidden forces which you can only discover by living."

- Soren Kierkegaard

People say what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think what we're seeking is an experience of being alive [...] so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive. That's what it's all finally about.- Joseph Campbell

Archived