Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bilbo the Rover

Spiritual Musings

YUSUFALI: If thou fearest treachery from any group, throw back their

covenant to them, so as to be on equal terms:

for Allah loveth not the treacherous.

PICKTHAL: And if thou fearest treachery from any folk, then throw back to

them their treaty fairly.

Lo! Allah loveth not the treacherous.

SHAKIR: And if you fear treachery on the part of a people, then throw back

to them on terms of equality;

surely Allah does not love the treacherous.

"Work for the triumph of the good, knowing you will lose." - Seneca

"The world is too dangerous for anything but truth and too small for anything but love."

-William Sloane Coffin

A Golden Compass

Forget every idea of right and wrong

Any classroom ever taught you

Because

An empty heart, a tormented mind,

Unkindness, jealousy and fear

Are always the testimony

You have been completely fooled!

Turn your back on those

Who would imprison your wondrous spirit

With deceit and lies.

Come, join the honest company

Of the King's beggars--

Those gamblers, scoundrels and divine clowns

And those astonishing fair courtesans

Who need Divine Love every night.

Come, join the courageous

Who have no choice

But to bet their entire world

That indeed,

Indeed, God is Real.

I will lead you into the Circle

Of the Beloved's cunning thieves,

Those playful royal rogues--

The ones you can trust for true guidance--

Who can aid you

In this Blessed Calamity of life.

Hafiz,

Look at the Perfect One

At the Circle's Center:

He Spins and Whirls like a Golden Compass,

Beyond all that is Rational,

To show this dear world

That Everything,

Everything in Existence

Does point to God.

~~Hafiz

( Thank you BrownSugar....where ever you may be.)

" ... They are the bonds of a new solidarity and a new brotherhood which is beginning to be evident on all the 5 continents and which cuts across all political, religious and cultural lines to unite young men and women in every country in something that is more concrete than an ideal and more alive than a program. This unity of the young is the only hope in the world. ..."

(Thomas Merton, Jubilee magazine, August 1966 Full article here)

Sort of explains all the reunion concerts lately, doesn't it! :thanku:

" ... They are the bonds of a new solidarity and a new brotherhood which is beginning to be evident on all the 5 continents and which cuts across all political, religious and cultural lines to unite young men and women in every country in something that is more concrete than an ideal and more alive than a program. This unity of the young is the only hope in the world. ..."

just wanted to add this one about if you love somebody set them free if they come back it was meant to be.

I think it is true tried it once and they came back but it wasn't meant to be or they came back and had another girlfriend.I wouldn't let them go while you have them in the first place if they do you will get your hear broken.That little poem doen't work.Did anybody experience anything?

On conformity, be true to yourself: "Be neither a conformist or a rebel, for they are really the same thing. Find your own path, and stay on it." -Paul Vixie

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

"Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road." -Voltaire

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

Well, back in 1966 Led Zep's members were 18, 20 and 22 years old.

They were "young" ... They've reunited :kiss: ... There's hope! :yay:

When God places dreams and desires in your heart, He also begins lining up the people you need to help bring those dreams to pass. In Acts 9, God supernaturally turned the apostle Paul’s life around and gave him a message to share with others. But, because of his past, nobody would have anything to do with him. God brought Barnabas across Paul’s path and they developed a friendship. When Barnabas spread the news that Paul should be trusted, people began to accept him and listen to his message. Paul went on to spread the Good News of the Gospel throughout the world and He wrote half the New Testament. God knows who you need to know. Begin to believe that He is in control. He will place the right people in your life at the right time. He will give you divine connections.

-Joel Osteen

I was trying to pick the "right" quote, saying, verse for today's addition. I poured over my books and notebooks, trying to find something profound and deep, but everything I was considering was either too wordy or too preachy. At last I found the perfect musing, it's the type of quote that is multi layered and when you ponder it, it leads you on to contemplate all the situations these few words apply to,and hopefully, inspires you to action. I chose Aldous Huxley's last words " Let us be kinder to one another."

"Mankind is a great, and immense family... This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas."

~ Pope John XXIII

Edited by Pilot of the Storm

"In a woman man is conceived,

From a woman he is born,

With a woman he is betrothed and married,

With a woman he contracts friendship.

Why denounce her, the one from whom even kings are born?

From a woman a woman is born,

None may exist without a woman."

- Sri Guru Nanak,

Sri Guru Granth Sahib: p. 73.

"Accumulating Love brings Luck. Accumulating hatred brings calamity, anyone who fails to recognize problems leaves the door open for tragedy to rush in."

"Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage." - Anais Nin " We do not remember days, we remember moments." - Cesare Pavese ( May you have the courage in the coming year to allow yourself to be happy, to feel joy, to be kind and help others, to do the right thing. Not simply to "be" good, but 'DO" good. May you cherish your memories, but have the courage to not be bound to the past. May you be blessed in the coming year. Bilbo the Rover.)

We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at

them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.

Jack Handy

" I once asked a Jesuit priest what was the best short prayer he knew. He said "Fuck It" as in "Fuck It; it's in God's hands." - Anthony Hopkins