Who is your favourite Beatle?

The Bomber

I really didn't like the Beatles,they were always far to light for me,but i had only heard the early stuff,i love the later Beatles!

I only ever purchase Beatles albums with vouchers because i don't want a penny of my money going to Ringo,he's not a good drummer,they dubbed over his drumming on Please Please me with George Martin,nice guy though.

I also think that after a certain someone,namely Linda died,Paul became cranky,he's not a nice guy to work with apparently,but i think he's alright and a great musician,i never wanted to buy their albums because they were goody two shoes until Rubber Soul,also they were just too big!I felt that if i got an album,and didn't like it,that i would have basically given my money away for no reason,so i took a chance with a voucher and got SPLHCB and loved it!

I like John 2nd best and prefer his songs to Paul's,he was a real asshole though (Once,Danny K's daughter came up to him and said "hi!I'm Danny KK's daughter",John thought she was being a brat and said "O yeah,i just heard on the radio... He's dead" as the other beatles looked on in horror as he reduced the girl to tears,he wanted Hitler on the cover of SPLHCB and when told by a fan that Ringo wasn't exactly the best drummer in the world" [That's a given] he said that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the beatles,still,great artist,doesn't change my opinion on his art)

But my favourite beatle is George,he was just so cool with his sitar and he did a lot of the experimenting,he was cool guy and really the bait for a young guitarist to get into the Beatles.

I know i talked alot about their personality,but that really doesn't influence my decision,i was just talking (Typing)

John Lennon. He was just such a great man, and his music spoke to me, especially in his solo career. Paul went in a poppy direction after they broke up, not to say he doesen't have a good solo career.. As for George, I have only heard a little bit of his solo stuff, so I really don't have much to say on that.

What the hell is a voucher?

When I was younger, I liked listening to the Stones more than looking at them, and liked looking at the Beatles more than listening to them. I liked the dirty sound the Stones had. But when I was about 19 or 20, I started to really appreciate the Beatles and all their amazing songs. I think my favorite is still George, because he seemed so cool and groovy :hippy: Remember in the Yellow Submarine, when he was floating around in the air? :lol:

Hey, do you know if that's him playing the solo in that Ringo Starr song, It Don't Come Easy? I love that guitar solo- it's perfect.

John Lennon. He was just such a great man, and his music spoke to me, especially in his solo career. Paul went in a poppy direction after they broke up, not to say he doesen't have a good solo career.. As for George, I have only heard a little bit of his solo stuff, so I really don't have much to say on that.

John was the best creator,but George is my favourite because he was just really cool,and yes,i dump on Ringo a lot,but his solo stuff was quite good,John's solo stuff was best,then Paul's,then George,then Ringo

What the hell is a voucher?

When I was younger, I liked listening to the Stones more than looking at them, and liked looking at the Beatles more than listening to them. I liked the dirty sound the Stones had. But when I was about 19 or 20, I started to really appreciate the Beatles and all their amazing songs. I think my favorite is still George, because he seemed so cool and groovy :hippy: Remember in the Yellow Submarine, when he was floating around in the air? :lol:

Hey, do you know if that's him playing the solo in that Ringo Starr song, It Don't Come Easy? I love that guitar solo- it's perfect.

A voucher?Store credit i believe,you pay the store some money and you get a shiny piece of paper that you can use instead of money,i give €20 to the shop,i get paper saying i can give it to them and spend it like money at the shop,i spend it on €30,then i pay €10,etc...

Stones over Beatles for me any day,i didn't like them to begin with because i didn't think they were artists,just a bunch of goody-two-shoes assholes,but SPLHCB proved me wrong,that was art,they became artists with Rubber Soul,SPLHCB was mind-blowing,George's sitar on Within You Without You blows me away,as does his amazing licks on the title track,i don't know about It Don't Come Easy,but remember,Google is your best friend.

George Harrison...For the best Beatle song ever "If i needed someone". Also everyone needs to get the DVD "Concert for George"....Imo the most moving tribute concert i have seen.

George. No question about it. The songs he wrote were always great.

Not a favorite band of mine, but the later Beatles stuff is overrated while the early stuff is underrated.

The bass always gets my attention, so I always liked Paul. I think he developed over his career, more than any musician I can think of - not that I am a musician, just to my ears his playing become very melodic. George had the best solo stuff - so soothing, never down. I realize John was the most influential, but most of his solo stuff was not musically appealing to me - and having Yoko around made it even worse. Ringo is a likeable character, and some of his songs are very nice - but I don't really even hear what he was doing on the drums.

George was brilliant. Sometimes I just concentrate on the guitar leads, especially on the early stuff. I own several of John's solo works and love them all. Mind Games is a great collection.

You gotta love this country inspired Ringo gem released in 1970.

105785752.jpg

I even enjoy this 2 CD set.

105777979.jpg

John...He gave them the edge they needed to escape the bubble gum trap.

I was going to say how i am amazed that some people don't like the Beatles but then again, i don't like Van Headache so there ya go.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thank you :D

Here's my list of classic Beatles Solo Albums:

plastic-ono-band-cover.jpg

John's first Solo album. Okay, everyone always goes for Imagine, but this album has got balls on it like you wouldn't believe. The most poignant album he ever recorded.

wildlife.jpg

Always given a bum rap, this first album from Paul's new band, Wings, is really unlike any other he has recorded. Sometimes Paul's best work is when he puts the least amount of effort in as possible. And this album is a testament to that. Deliberately recorded quickly, according to Macca at the time, the first side of the LP is for dancing, the second side is for necking ;) Only in the 70's... Forget the critics, side 1 has McCartney just pulling shit out of his arse, just like having a jam at the farm. None of it is boring. The second side has some nice over-looked ballads like "Some People Never Know"

A060830-02_George%20Harrison_George%20Harrison.jpg

George's much over-looked 1979 album is just loaded with great, killer tracks. This album has some of George's best songwriting. From the undeniably catchy track Blow Away, to a fantastic up-tempo ballad Love Comes To Everyone, which sounds like Paul McCartney at his best, to George's Formula 1 tribute song Faster, and also the beautiful Here Comes The Moon.

ssbrvien.jpg

And finally, to the last great mid-70's Ringo L.A. party album. GoodNight Vienna has all the usual suspects of the L.A. party scene at the time such as Harry Nilsson, John Lennon, Billy Preston, Klaus Voorman, and everyone's having a lot of fun on this record, plus there's some great silly songs. Lennon's title track GoodNight Vienna goes off, as does Ringo's brilliant country rock version of "Only You". More fun to be had with the Elton John-penned number Snookeroo, and Hoyt Axton's infamous and much loved No No Song. This album shows you why everyone used to love Ringo, because he's full of fun.

My favorite was John. My least favorite is Ringo. He has one of the worst voices ever put to record. And John and Paul just gave him their leftovers to record. He was just at the right place at the right time. Luckiest guy ever .

My favorite was John. My least favorite is Ringo. He has one of the worst voices ever put to record. And John and Paul just gave him their leftovers to record. He was just at the right place at the right time. Luckiest guy ever .

When together Id say a tossup between Paul and John. After the breakup, George by far. Harrison didnt play silly love songs. and garbage like Imagine there is no heaven.

Luckiest guy ever in my book is Krist Novaselic, the bass player from Nirvana.

Archived