Zeppelin on Biography Channel

solar

HAHAHA!!! I just saw the funniest thing in the credits. Not only was ye ol' led-zeppelin.com given thanks, but so was some chap named "Stan" Rappalo! Who is this mystery man, Stan?

:lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHA!!! I just saw the funniest thing in the credits. Not only was ye ol' led-zeppelin.com given thanks, but so was some chap named "Stan" Rappalo! Who is this mystery man, Stan?

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow, that just go's to show how big the site really is. Glad to be apart of it all!

Luckily, I saw it when it was shown on A&E before the launch of the Biography channel (if that's the one where Jimmy's described as "almost effete" - or words to that effect). Just because he has a quiet voice, apparently.

I miss seeing those Biographies on A&E - but of course I do realize they had to make room for that CSI Miami shit....

You guys didn't miss anything- A&E really mucked up this Bio, but the only credible interviews were with Ahmet Ertegun and Benji LeFerve. Way too much time was spent with Ann and Nancy Wilson- yawn.

This show also had the nerve to use a fake Zeppelin-esque band playing background musak, and ZERO on JP Jones and Bonzo until the last 10 minutes. They showed a picture of Richard Cole when they said it was Bonzo, they made Jimmy look like a frail little mama's boy, and worst of all, they could have wrapped up Zeppelin's story in a half hour instead of repeating the same ol Riot House bits. Of course, it wouldn't have been complete if they didn't show that crazy picture of Alister C., mentioning he was a follower of Satan, a heroin addict, and he had herpes. Tell us something we didn't know! :thumbdown:

• Administrators
You guys didn't miss anything- A&E really mucked up this Bio, but the only credible interviews were with Ahmet Ertegun and Benji LeFerve. Way too much time was spent with Ann and Nancy Wilson- yawn.

This show also had the nerve to use a fake Zeppelin-esque band playing background musak, and ZERO on JP Jones and Bonzo until the last 10 minutes. They showed a picture of Richard Cole when they said it was Bonzo, they made Jimmy look like a frail little mama's boy, and worst of all, they could have wrapped up Zeppelin's story in a half hour instead of repeating the same ol Riot House bits. Of course, it wouldn't have been complete if they didn't show that crazy picture of Alister C., mentioning he was a follower of Satan, a heroin addict, and he had herpes. Tell us something we didn't know! :thumbdown:

I agree. The Biography channel usually does a good job on their docs, but this was not one of them.

-Stan, um, Sam.

I agree. The Biography channel usually does a good job on their docs, but this was not one of them.

-Stan, um, Sam.

Can't you sue this Stan character for royalties? Or is he like the "other" Gallagher? :hysterical:

Agree about the BioChannel show, too. Compared to the other music bios, this one was exceptionally weak.

Archived