ART LOVERS

Diana-loura

erzd3k.jpg

a friend of mine just fininshed this, tell me guys what you think... :)

What's it titled?

I definitely see religious overtones.

It almost has a tromp l'oeil effect.

Nice work. :)

Great thread!

Diana-loura and Peep Solero, very nice pictures! You are both very talented.

I like a lot of different styles. I used to draw and paint a lot, but I kinda got tired of doing it after I went to art school for three years. Today I prefer taking photos and "paint" with my guitar.. :D

But I still love to go and watch art at galleries and museums.

Great thread!

Diana-loura and Peep Solero, very nice pictures! You are both very talented.

I like a lot of different styles. I used to draw and paint a lot, but I kinda got tired of doing it after I went to art school for three years. Today I prefer taking photos and "paint" with my guitar.. :D

But I still love to go and watch art at galleries and museums.

I'm contemplating whether or not it would be wise to go to art school.. Would you mind sharing a little more about your experience? Some pros and cons? I don't want to end up going and have it crush my passion :(

Some of my work.. most of this is old stuff, from high school even..

Scratch-board of my sister and I from high school

l_6df9f9e87faeceedfecee57871655d9f.jpg

Painting from high school. I never really finished it..

896859543_l.jpg

Drawing from high school

1395488630_l.jpg

Some crazy thing my art teacher made me do in high school, haha. Pollock.. It really wasn't my style.. but I think it turned out kind of neat:)

l_6faf8dcd8ed68ece9cc43876c6ed816b.jpg

erzd3k.jpg

a friend of mine just fininshed this, tell me guys what you think... :)

Sorry for the belated reply!! I like this verry much...I guess it appeals to my freaky psychedelic mind, but it's fantastic. Has your friend tried exhibiting it??! :):)

I'm contemplating whether or not it would be wise to go to art school.. Would you mind sharing a little more about your experience? Some pros and cons? I don't want to end up going and have it crush my passion :(

I'd say while I was studying it was all great. I got to try out a lot of different techniques and all students inspired eachother. It's a good way to learn what your strength and weaknesses is and improve. I think a great artist knows how to command different styles and you can learn them attending art school. That way you'll find your own style as well.

Unfortunatly I lost my interest right after I graduated. I think it was because I lived with art 24 / 7, but it can't be the only reason. I suppose the process making pictures is kinda hard on me, it is a lot of angst. It's not until the end of the process, when I'm finishing a painting I feel relief and can be happy about it. I know I will paint again, but probably not in the same extent I used to do.

I think if you feel art is your biggest passion, you shouldn't hesitate attending art school.

BTW, I love your pictures!!!

Awesome stuff, guys! That first Hans Arnold picture reminds me of Edward Gorey, whom I always got a kick out of.

EdwardGorey.jpg

Edward-Gorey.jpg

goreyPoster2_webpage.gif

7508.jpg

Yes, it sure does reminds of Gorey's pictures. Nice ones!

I'd say while I was studying it was all great. I got to try out a lot of different techniques and all students inspired eachother. It's a good way to learn what your strength and weaknesses is and improve. I think a great artist knows how to command different styles and you can learn them attending art school. That way you'll find your own style as well.

Unfortunatly I lost my interest right after I graduated. I think it was because I lived with art 24 / 7, but it can't be the only reason. I suppose the process making pictures is kinda hard on me, it is a lot of angst. It's not until the end of the process, when I'm finishing a painting I feel relief and can be happy about it. I know I will paint again, but probably not in the same extent I used to do.

I think if you feel art is your biggest passion, you shouldn't hesitate attending art school.

BTW, I love your pictures!!!

Thanks for the reply :) I'll keep that in mind. Another reason I am feeling the need to go is because I'd like to be around other artistic minds like myself. I think it would be good for me to be in that sort of environment, while improving my technique. I guess I feel like I would have more potential to integrate myself into some sort of artistic/creative 'career' if I were in that sort of place, whereas right now I really don't know where my art is going, keeping it all to myself for the most part.

And thanks for the comment about my work :)

Scratch-board of my sister and I from high school

l_6df9f9e87faeceedfecee57871655d9f.jpg

Scratchboard is my favorite. Yours also looks like a high contrast photo. Nice work. :)

I did one that I called 'Desert Light' (5x7) and even though it was small it took about 3 months because I did a lot of stippling. It got a blue ribbon at the fair too. :D

A while back I did a 'poster' of a fictitious guitar concert featuring 'The Maestro' Andres Segovia and 'The Prodigy' Ida Presti. Both were great classical guitar players. I sold a copy to a girl in Australia. :)

I've been mulling around more ideas in my head for another poster featuring guitarist Francisco Tarrega (He died in 1909).

Scratchboard is my favorite. Yours also looks like a high contrast photo. Nice work. :)

I did one that I called 'Desert Light' (5x7) and even though it was small it took about 3 months because I did a lot of stippling. It got a blue ribbon at the fair too. :D

A while back I did a 'poster' of a fictitious guitar concert featuring 'The Maestro' Andres Segovia and 'The Prodigy' Ida Presti. Both were great classical guitar players. I sold a copy to a girl in Australia. :)

I've been mulling around more ideas in my head for another poster featuring guitarist Francisco Tarrega (He died in 1909).

Thanks! I'd love to see your work :) Do you have any pictures? Congratulations on your ribbon:)

I like the subject of the scratchboard above.

Thank you :) That's my older sister on the left, and me on the right. I enlarged it from a tiny picture that was taken in a photo booth at our county fair when I was about sixteen.

Ya'll ever thought about posting some of you're work on ebay? I see alot of talent here and that would be a very good, cheap venue for making some extra income.

Seriously this is some good art.

I once dated a girl that had alot of talent in drawing and painting and tried to get her to rent a space down in the French Quarter to sell some of her art. She never would do it :rolleyes:

Just Do It! :D

Archived