australian fans

slave to zep

Hi again shadowblue,

I have actually been a member here since November last year. So not new to the forum, just new to this thread.

I lurked from September '07, then was registered Dec '07 - Jun '08 without being aware of this section :( (before slave put me right)

Things here are fine in the singer from the Baby Animals' former town (thank goodness for Google).

What google doesn't tell you: Sexiest woman on the planet :blush:

I lurked from September '07, then was registered Dec '07 - Jun '08 without being aware of this section :( (before slave put me right)

What google doesn't tell you: Sexiest women on the planet :blush:

So you know slave and Amazonic then!? ;)

Whoops! Hello to Meg too.

Greetings. Have you been to 78 Records lately? Last time I was in Perth they had an Outrider promotional "lunchbox" that they were unable to value. Wonder if they have sold it...

Meg

Greetings. Have you been to 78 Records lately? Last time I was in Perth they had an Outrider promotional "lunchbox" that they were unable to value. Wonder if they have sold it...

Meg

I haven't been to 78 Records for years.

I called them and enquired about the 'lunchbox'. They only have the Outrider CD, so it must have sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Reggie, Slave, Shadowblue, etc,

Is there anyone of you going to see Eric Clapton at the Entertainment Centre next March 2009?

Tickets should be on sale from the 24th, but I heard that they are approx. 370-430 AUD... :blink::blink:

I wanted to, but I am saving all the money I can for an eventual tour by Jimmy, JPJ and Jason with "????" singer ... ;)

ciao ciao

Is there anyone of you going to see Eric Clapton at the Entertainment Centre next March 2009?

Tickets should be on sale from the 24th, but I heard that they are approx. 370-430 AUD... :blink::blink:

I wanted to, but I am saving all the money I can for an eventual tour by Jimmy, JPJ and Jason with "????" singer ... ;)

ciao ciao

No, if it were Cream definitely.

I'm taking my 15 year old daughter to see Scary Kids Scaring Kids? in November and my 14 year old, wait for it, Kylie in December!

ciao ciao

Saw him in (I think) 1984 and it was a great show but $400-odd would be too steep. Can't imagine all the Ent Cent would be that price though. Only thing I'd pay that sort of $$ for (other than at least 1/2 of Zeppelin) playing at the moment would be Queen + Paul Rodgers - alas not coming here.

Wyong Leagues Club! :o

To be fair, the first two shows of the tour (at the Basement), were Tuesday and Wednesday!

AND the most significant single rock show in history was on a Monday and when postponed for 2 weeks was still on a Monday :D

No bad day for rock and roll B)

how was the ian moss show, shadowblue?

Well...

It's taken me 2 days to try and process this. As I'd said he is my favourite ever Oz guitarist.

As I left the club I was almost in tears with disappointment or anger, thinking if you think that's fair Mossy you can get f**ked.

I know it was a double bill with Wendy Matthews and it was my own call to only get there in time for her last 3 songs but for $45, 8 songs from Ian Moss before "thank you, goodnight" and a 2 song encore was light on. Some tunes were extended versions so subtracting the 3 mins to get him back, probably 55 mins playing time. And ONLY in the last (Bow River), did he actually show his famed licks.

It was a four piece with upright bass, keyboards and drums. Mossy was sitting down (apart from the BR lead breaks but then he still had to sit again to sing. All but 2 songs were done with his acoustic Maton. I actually love his un-plugged stuff (got a signed copy of 'Six Strings') which he does great on on his own but this was with a band which could rock or get a real groove up, so overshadowed the subtlety and brilliant completeness of when he does solo acoustic.

I guess it was played well if you knew what to expect. The only plus was 4 of the 10 were Chisel songs (Choirgirl, My Baby, Saturday Night, Bow River) and 2 more were covers Chisel did in the 'Ringside' shows in 2003 (Cry Me A River and Big River). So you guessed it, that leaves Tucker's Daughter, Telephone Booth and 2 (one a duet wih Wendy Matthews) from the unreleased album recently recorded in New York

ciao ciao

id love to see eric, but thats way too expensive for me. if im going to spend the big bucks, it will only be on jimmy, john paul, jason and ?????

and if that doesnt happen, well........ :unsure:

Hi leddy,

How are you? I am from Perth.

Hello shadowblue, Reggie, slave to zep, Amazonic and Cactus.

It has taken me this long to join in so I guess I must be an introvert. Nice to meet you all.

Yeh I am ok thanks, and thanks everyone getting back...at last <_<:D ) I ask as my partner lived in Perth for 3 years, hopefully next yr or 2010 will be coming to Perth for the first time to stay at her old friends and see where she used to live which would be cool :).

Isn't there going to be a statue of Bon Scott put up in Perth ??

Yeh I am ok thanks, and thanks everyone getting back...at last <_<:D ) I ask as my partner lived in Perth for 3 years, hopefully next yr or 2010 will be coming to Perth for the first time to stay at her old friends and see where she used to live which would be cool :) .

G'day leddy,

It's located at Fremantle, apparently since March this year.

Yeh I am ok thanks, and thanks everyone getting back...at last <_<:D ) I ask as my partner lived in Perth for 3 years, hopefully next yr or 2010 will be coming to Perth for the first time to stay at her old friends and see where she used to live which would be cool :).

That's great. Perth's a nice place. I'm sure your partner will be looking forward to seeing her friends again.

I have been to England a few times. The most recent visit was to London last May. I spent three days there and had a fantastic time.

Of course the best bit was the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss concert at Wembley Arena.

My son went to a concert last year to raise funds for the Bon Scott statue. I think there was also a concert this year.

Hi all,

Life in the Australian Army...

Text of a letter from a kid from Eromanga to Mum and Dad. (For Those of you not in the know, Eromanga is a small town, west of Quilpie in the far south west of Queensland) Dear Mum & Dad,

I am well. Hope youse are too. Tell me big brothers Doug and Phil that the Army is better than workin' on the farm - tell them to get in bloody quick smart before the jobs are all gone! I wuz a bit slow in settling down at first, because ya don't hafta get outta bed until 6am. But I like sleeping in now, cuz all ya gotta do before brekky is make ya bed and shine ya boots and clean ya uniform. No bloody cows to milk, no calves to feed, no feed to stack - nothin'!! Ya haz gotta shower though, but its not so bad, coz there's lotsa hot water and even a light to see what ya doing!

At brekky ya get cereal, fruit and eggs but there's no kangaroo steaks or possum stew like wot Mum makes. You don't get fed again until noon and by that time all the city boys are buggered because we've been on a 'route march' - geez its only just like walking to the windmill in the back paddock!!

This one will kill me brothers Doug and Phil with laughter. I keep getting medals for shootin' - dunno why. The bullseye is as big as a bloody possum's bum and it don't move and it's not firing back at ya like the Johnsons did when our big scrubber bull got into their prize cows before the Ekka last year! All ya gotta do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target - it's a piece of piss!! You don't even load your own cartridges, they comes in little boxes, and ya don't have to steady yourself against the rollbar of the roo shooting truck when you reload!

Sometimes ya gotta wrestle with the city boys and I gotta be real careful coz they break easy - it's not like fighting with Doug and Phil and Jack and Boori and Steve and Muzza all at once like we do at home after the muster.

Turns out I'm not a bad boxer either and it looks like I'm the best the platoon's got, and I've only been beaten by this one bloke from the Engineers - he's 6 foot 5 and 15 stone and three pick handles across the shoulders and as ya know I'm only 5 foot 7 and eight stone wringin' wet, but I fought him till the other blokes carried me off to the boozer.

I can't complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets around how bloody good it is.

Your loving daughter,

Sheila

:D

KB

Whoops dude...didn't see the thread. I just posted something I thought exciting under the Oz banner!!

OK...off to the Red Bull Air Race today in Perth...no thread there!!

Have a great weekend people.

No problem.

I only posted it there because not many outside of Oz visit here!

Enjoy the race.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived