australian fans

slave to zep

anyone going to the zeppelin live gig at belmont this coming fri????

Can't make this one :( but am going to Whole Lotta Love at the Basement on 19th Sept.

I'm wondering if as a "Led Zeppelin Enconium" (whatever that's supposed to mean) with cellos, violins and different sorts of vocalists, if song versions might come up a bit like the Closing Ceremony thing - which incidently I thought was brilliant and exactly how best London could present itself.

Can't make this one :( but am going to Whole Lotta Love at the Basement on 19th Sept.

I'm wondering if as a "Led Zeppelin Enconium" (whatever that's supposed to mean) with cellos, violins and different sorts of vocalists, if song versions might come up a bit like the Closing Ceremony thing - which incidently I thought was brilliant and exactly how best London could present itself.

encomium; noun; a formal expression of praise; an elaborate eulogy; laudation

http://www.robertplanthomepage.com/albums/...ns/enconium.htm

No, usually the songs are true to the originals except for a few subtle differences, you know, no Jimmy, Robert, Jonesy or Bonzo!

They play some "Unledded" versions of the songs, eg Kashmir - as well as live versions - eg Immigrant song is more like HTWWW than the studio version. It's a great night, not cheesy, the don't dress up and pretend to be the band, they are just damn good musos playing damn good music.

well, i cant wait to go the basement show...........but i went to see zeppelin live tonight at blacksmiths, and despite some pa probs, they ROCKED! i seriously loved since ive been lovin you and of course my request.....a piece of custard pie.........

even my daughter may have finally been converted!

THANKYOU GUYS for a great gig. LOVE YA!

well, i cant wait to go the basement show...........but i went to see zeppelin live tonight at blacksmiths, and despite some pa probs, they ROCKED! i seriously loved since ive been lovin you and of course my request.....a piece of custard pie.........

Awww shucks. Thanks STZ, it was great to see you and your daughter. I must admit I was stirring your pot last night with Custard Pie, I shoved it in the encore but we were always gonna play it.

The PA issue was caused by a drunk patron interfering with my mike leads. He managed to damage two out leads in one fell swoop. Oh well, rock and roll is no fun if it's easy.

Hey folks, if you'd like to see us in your town....no matter where, contact just let us know.

If you guys want a really classy gig, try emailing the Vanguard at Newtown.

Here is the link geoff@thevanguard.com.au

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

i think i must have still been a bit tipsy when i wrote that first sentence, cos i AM going to the basement gig.

note to self : dont post on forum half pickled.......

• 2 weeks later...
Slave & I will be at the LZ tribute show at the Basement this coming Friday...

Reggie, Cactus, Meg or any other Aussie fans, are you joining in? :)

I'll be there :)

Are you in 'standing area'?

Damn it, Friday night is officially sold out!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the show.

Did you get to the Blacktown show?

Slave & I will be at the LZ tribute show at the Basement this coming Friday...

Reggie, Cactus, Meg or any other Aussie fans, are you joining in? :)

The prices for drinks at The Basement are ridiculous. Last time I was there it was $8.90 for a luke-warm stubbie of VB. Do your drinking beforehand or sneak a flask in :) And when they say "standing room", they really mean it. Be prepared to be squeezed around in a cramp space in front of the bar.

Meg

Archived