australian fans

slave to zep

grant told me about that one a while back, but i wasn't sure of the name. when/where are they playing?

how about we all try to go to the blacktown show ????

Dunno about any shows.

We'll have to ask him on the night.

Sounds like a plan to me.

It'd be nice if a few of us on the board got together.

Deb, Cactus, Riothouse, Meg?

The Australian premiere of It Might Get Loud is at the Sydney Film Festival , which begins June 3. :D

January 2009: Ross Halfin in Sydney filming locations?

Could it be possible the a STAR of the movie will be attending??

Keepa coolin' S2Z and Amazonic! ;)

http://www.sff.org.au/Festival/Search/Sear...;ven=&req=|

:cheer:

thanks for the info reggie. i will be there for sure!

I've wanted to visit Australia about all my life :huh: One day it will be so, I have heard so many warm comments about the people who live there and the wonderful things to do and see. We were just talking about Australia yesterday and how it was a long flight. I guess a sleep n would be in order on the way over.

Led Zeppelin music in The Outback. Now there's a memory for sure ;)

amazonic, i went to the cce pink floyd show on sat night at dee why rsl. nice size venue ( bigger than the basement ). we had good seats close to the front. and i won the "echoes" ( best of floyd 2cd set ) from the lucky door, bonus! the band sounded great. the same two guitarists and vocalists from the whole lotta love show we saw. they are doing the rolling stones next. i probably give that one a miss, i'm not a stones fan. zeppelin live have a few gigs coming up, i may be able to go to the windsor show on may 15th, not sure yet. you and shadow might like to check their website, grant doesn't seem to post here anymore .....

hope you are both well

love, jules xo

Awww, Julie!! :wave: I have been away from the board since May 2nd and finding your message only now! Sorry! Yeah! I know you went to the show. Saw it on your Fb profile wall ;)

I'm going to their show at The Basement tonight! I am so excited. Yes, the same guitarists: Joseph Calderazzo (he's great!) and Pete Northcote!

Dunno about any shows.

We'll have to ask him on the night.

Sounds like a plan to me.

It'd be nice if a few of us on the board got together.

Deb, Cactus, Riothouse, Meg?

Ciao Reggie!! That would be a wonderful plan! It would be great to see you and STZ again. :)

When was it the last time??? too long ago! a

nd it would be awesome to meet Cactus, Meg, Riothouse and ...Shadowblue (whom STZ and I ahave already met him ;) . When is that show, Reggie?

The Australian premiere of It Might Get Loud is at the Sydney Film Festival , which begins June 3. :D

Isn't that amazing, Reggie! Found that out yesterday morning too. Courtesy of another fellow Zep member, thanks! Do you think Mr P will be so nice to grace us with his presence here in Sydney?

He must come to Sydney! He's been to Japan, Canada, USA so...now it's about time he gets to Australia, isn't it?

Yeah, did you?

Got to the Sydney Acer Arena show on March 31st, came down from the Coast on my own (but met up with some friends for a drink later) after getting away from work in just enough time to catch half of Counting Crows, which was pretty good.

Great solid classic rock show. First time I've seen Pete Towshend and he well lived up to the legend. Presence and great windmills. Rog hadn't lost anything either. The rest of the band (including Pete's brother Simon) were excellent.

Set list:

Can’t Explain

The Seeker

Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere

Fragments

Who Are You

Behind Blue Eyes

Relay

Baba O'Riley

Eminence Front

Love Reign O'er Me

You Better You Bet

My Generation/Cry If You Want

Wont Get Fooled Again

The Kids Are Alright

Substitute

Pinball Wizard

Amazing Journey/Sparks

See Me Feel Me/Listening To You

Tea & Theatre

Funnily enough, songs I'd hung out for like WGFA didn't seem as stunning as things like BBE, 5.15, LROM, YBYB and the Tommy stuff in the encore. I thought the finish with Tea & Theatre with just the originals Pete + accoustic and Roger + mug of tea on stage was amazing as a contrast to how Tho Who would have finished in the early days!

No, I didn't. But that's ok. I have already seen them a couple of years ago in Verona, Italy! ;)

Glad you enjoyed it!

cheers

Awww, Julie!! :wave: I have been away from the board since May 2nd and finding your message only now! Sorry! Yeah! I know you went to the show. Saw it on your Fb profile wall ;)

I'm going to their show at The Basement tonight! I am so excited. Yes, the same guitarists: Joseph Calderazzo (he's great!) and Pete Northcote!

Ciao Reggie!! That would be a wonderful plan! It would be great to see you and STZ again. :)

When was it the last time??? too long ago! a

nd it would be awesome to meet Cactus, Meg, Riothouse and ...Shadowblue (whom STZ and I ahave already met him ;) . When is that show, Reggie?

Isn't that amazing, Reggie! Found that out yesterday morning too. Courtesy of another fellow Zep member, thanks! Do you think Mr P will be so nice to grace us with his presence here in Sydney?

He must come to Sydney! He's been to Japan, Canada, USA so...now it's about time he gets to Australia, isn't it?

Ciao Bella!

Long time no see!

I heard you moved house?

June 20 at Blacktown RSL.

It would be nice if he could make it down under, we'll have to wait and see? ;)

Less than three weeks to go! :D

I've wanted to visit Australia about all my life :huh: One day it will be so, I have heard so many warm comments about the people who live there and the wonderful things to do and see. We were just talking about Australia yesterday and how it was a long flight. I guess a sleep n would be in order on the way over.

Led Zeppelin music in The Outback. Now there's a memory for sure ;)

We'd love to have you! :)

Flying tip #5:

Take one Mandrax, the original rock 'n' roll sleeping tablet! ;) and wake up in Oz! :DB)

It's hard to believe it's been 37 years since they graced our shores! :(

In the meantime IMGL will be special! :D

We'd love to have you! :)

Flying tip #5:

Take one Mandrax, the original rock 'n' roll sleeping tablet! ;) and wake up in Oz! :DB)

It's hard to believe it's been 37 years since they graced our shores! :(

In the meantime IMGL will be special! :D

Awww, thank you.

Is anyone who hasn't been taking Mandrax, in the room?

R. Plant

I think this was from LTTE. But you know me head get's a might woozy after those.

Hi guys,

Long time no see/hear? How is everyone? What's everyone been up to?

I have been flat out touring and playing shows but only now catching my breath. (also had a virus which has knocked me off my feet)

Let's see, saw Jeff Beck, that was great (check out

I shot with my phone)

Saw Eric Clapton @ the Sydney Entertainment Centre, and that was fantastic (had 4th row seats :))

Finally got my own website updated and upgraded Visit My Website

Couple of weeks ago played another sold out show @ The Vanguard as part of the Salute To Bon Scott era of AC/DC, which was rather eventful!!!!

Lots of things inbetween, haven't really got up to date on all things relating to Zep in a while apart from Robert's success at the Grammy's and Jimmy's appearance @ RNRHOF (which was wonderful to see)

I promise not to leave it so long next time,

Cheers Richard

BTW if you guys have the chance, I'm in the running to become a GHS string endorsee, what I need for you to do is send an email to the following address (ghs@dynamicmusic.com.au) with the subject title "I vote for Richard Madden", that's it...many, many thanks in advance ;)

Hey Richie!

Good to see ya back! :D

Nice website and videos! B)

Where are you playing next?

Hope you can make it out to Blacktown.

Grant and the boys are good value.

BTW, I voted for you! :)

I could use a new set of strings! ;)

Hey Richie!

Good to see ya back! :D

Nice website and videos! B)

Where are you playing next?

Hope you can make it out to Blacktown.

Grant and the boys are good value.

BTW, I voted for you! :)

I could use a new set of strings! ;)

Cheers mate ;)

I am dieing to go to Australia. You all sure you can tip a pint with a crazy yank?

Pints are from the UK. :o

Here in NSW we drink Schooners! ;)

Yeah, we could blow the froth of a few, no problem! B)

From Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl.

Australian to Yank:

Why is American Beer like making love in a canoe?

Because it's fuckin' near water! :D

:beer:

Pints are from the UK. :o

Here in NSW we drink Schooners! ;)

Yeah, we could blow the froth of a few, no problem! B)

From Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl.

Australian to Yank:

Why is American Beer like making love in a canoe?

Because it's fuckin' near water! :D

:beer:

See you learn something every day. I don't drink American Beer. I rarely drink beer at all. It was sort of a token. I drink one thing, Champagne.

As far as fucking. I don't care if I'm in a boat. You know there's always a man in that boat to help DRIVE IT :D

See you learn something every day. I don't drink American Beer. I rarely drink beer at all. It was sort of a token. I drink one thing, Champagne.

As far as fucking. I don't care if I'm in a boat. You know there's always a man in that boat to help DRIVE IT :D

Cheeky, i think i like u :D

The last time I went out in a boat WE went OVERBOARD and never even left the cabin! ;)

Is that Champers with Strawberries?

I have a cousin who lives in Sydney, I hope in the next few years

to go over there, it is a beautiful country, can t go next year, going

to New York, and this year,Malta, in August, but it is on my list to

visit Australia. :D

Tickets on sale now.

$17.00 each!

thanks for the info reggie, my partner and i are going to try and go to the wed showing. do you think i need to get the tickets beforehand? i dont want to miss out. will you be online tonight???

Yes I 'll be online tonight, I have two spare tickets for Wednesday.

The last time I went out in a boat WE went OVERBOARD and never even left the cabin! ;)

Is that Champers with Strawberries?

Champers with Strawberries is always good. I usually don't have to have the strawberries though.

Such is life, you have to carry the good things and leave the bad. Reminding me I have to clean up some html code.

Archived