Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
slave to zep

australian fans

Anybody going to this year's CCE's Whole Lotta Love shows?

http://ccent.com.au/

Just got a ticket for Newcastle on 11th September

hi shadow, great to hear from you! :wave:

we probably wont be going, trying to save money, their tickets are quite expensive, but i did really enjoy it last time.

i would really like to see the frampton/chicago/america show roo, but again $$$$$ . :(

Our band's first gig is on 15/07/12 at The Royal Exchange Hotel, Windsor, NSW.

Young Fellas will be presenting The Australian Neil Young Show.

If anyone is in the area, please call in and say hi.

Young Fellas also has a Facebook link.

Massive bump Reggie! Good luck with the gig.

I'll actually be closer than usual to Windsor that night - INXS at Penrith Panthers (and big week... Baby Animals at the Annandale 3 nights earlier)

Came on here to say: JBLZE anybody?

http://www.enmoretheatre.com.au/events/2012/09/13/jason-bonhams-led-zeppelin-experience

...that'll be one to break out the precious Ahmet Tribute T-shirt for ;)

Massive bump Reggie! Good luck with the gig.

I'll actually be closer than usual to Windsor that night - INXS at Penrith Panthers (and big week... Baby Animals at the Annandale 3 nights earlier)

Came on here to say: JBLZE anybody?

http://www.enmorethe...elin-experience

...that'll be one to break out the precious Ahmet Tribute T-shirt for ;)

OMG! thanks for letting us know about this, i didnt know!

just bought 2 tickets standing at the front of stage! so excited!

and it will be our first anniversary too!

Slave, I'm thinking of driving up and going myself. If I do, we should catch up :banana:

Slave, I'm thinking of driving up and going myself. If I do, we should catch up :banana:

oh yes! do

Will see you there then slave! Got myself a FOS too.

Been a while :)

too long, shadow. it will be great to see you again, and you shall meet my hubby, too!

Hi ... Yes, near Cronulla. Didn't get to go, sadly. Heard it went well though :)

hi and welcome! you live in sydney ..... i say, GO!

Edited by Hally

So be honest and tell me you Aussies. If I were to take a trip to Australia, where should I go? To Sydney? Any good beaches? I know about the sharks, I dont care. The more the merrier.

So be honest and tell me you Aussies. If I were to take a trip to Australia, where should I go? To Sydney? Any good beaches? I know about the sharks, I dont care. The more the merrier.

Sydney is the best place to start as you would be flying from the US across the Pacific and it is a beautiful city with the best harbour in the world, IMO. As for beaches there are literally thousands of them with pristine sand and water.

From New South Wales you can go South to Victoria and Tasmania, North to the Northern Territory (Crocodile country) and Queensland for the Barrier Reef, West to South and Western Australia. Sharks aren't really a problem unless you wear a wetsuit and they mistake you for a Seal!

Great Whites are prevalent off the South and Western Australian coast and occasionally off the East coast.

It is Spring now and the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne is on in January.

Check out Australia's Facebook page, there is plenty of information there.

Come over you'd love it.

Those that do visit, don't want to leave.

What Reggie said. Just note that this is a BIG country (similar area to USA but with 1/15 the population - more than half of which live within a 60-odd mile radius of either Sydney or Melbourne). Flying from Sydney to Perth, on the west coast is 5 hours and Darwin in the far north is 4 hours.

Like the United States there's much varied terrain. We've got desert wilderness, lush tropics, rural and vineyard areas, many variants of spectacularly scenic coastines and mountains, even alpine areas. And the beaches. The top of Australia sits well into the tropics though and our southern cities don't have winter ice and snow.

As well as the sharks we've got a range of deadly snakes, spiders and sea-creatures but combined there would only be a handful of fatalities per year. Many countries would have far more critter-related deaths than here. Nobody worries much about it.

Post again if you decide to come and when you know more about where, how long and what sort of things you want to see. I'm sure you'll get plently from people on here including local-knowledge suggestions which could make it a more memorable trip than the average tourist - but as Reggie said have a look at the Facebook on travel sites for ideas.

Edited by shadowblue

Sydney is the best place to start as you would be flying from the US across the Pacific and it is a beautiful city with the best harbour in the world, IMO. As for beaches there are literally thousands of them with pristine sand and water.

From New South Wales you can go South to Victoria and Tasmania, North to the Northern Territory (Crocodile country) and Queensland for the Barrier Reef, West to South and Western Australia. Sharks aren't really a problem unless you wear a wetsuit and they mistake you for a Seal!

Great Whites are prevalent off the South and Western Australian coast and occasionally off the East coast.

It is Spring now and the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne is on in January.

Check out Australia's Facebook page, there is plenty of information there.

Come over you'd love it.

Those that do visit, don't want to leave.

Thanks for the info buddy. I really do want to get there someday. The pics are awesome.

Wishing all the great Aussie members here on the site .....

Happy Labour Day!! (Oct. 1, 2012, NSW, ACT, SA)

Have a Zeptacular Holiday. :)

thanks missy :)

i worked :( but just had 2 weeks holiday so, :) :)

When most of us think of Australia we think of Kangaroo's and Kuala bears (both which I love) and those Great White sharks off shore and the outback. If someone was to go there for a week or two, where would you suggest going first? Sydney or the beaches? Do you think New Zealand has more to offer from a tourist perspective?

it's not sydney or beaches, sydney has beaches. some of the best! :)

And the Great Whites? Ill make sure to bring my surf board.

Wishing all in our land, off to see Celebration Day in 6-7 hours time, a most wonderful evening :party: