Tour without Plant

pinky

Yes, if necessary they should tour without Robert. I don't think Robert would want or expect the rest of them to sit around and not make music. The only way he would get angry is if they toured with a new singer and called it Led Zeppelin. That's such a horrible idea it's almost funny.

Let 'em tour without a singer, that would be nice and simple. That could be challenging as all hell and sound really good. Like it or not, Robert has shown plenty of ability to come up with new material. We need to hear something new from Jimmy.

REMEMBER WHEN JIMMY PAGE DID THE COVERDALE/PAGE PROJECT !!!!!THE NEXT THING ROBERT PUT OUT HAD" WATCHING YOU" WHICH WAS A" DIRECT WARNING " SONG TO JIMMY PAGE.THEY COULD CALL THEM SELF "MOTHERSHIP"! and even invite jason's old mate Sebastian Bach! to sing a song or 2 LOL.

I'll take what I can get. I would like to see Page do something as original as the Firm again. Or, to put it another way, if Page, Jones and Bonham tour, I would be keen on them playing new material, maybe 50/50 or 60/40 new vs nostalgia. Either way, sign me up.

As you should know Robert is the only member of Zeppelin who has not said he wants to tour if he never says yes do you think Jimmy, John, and Jason should tour not being called Led Zeppelin with another singer if so who. Personally I think they should, potential singers could be the Black Crowes singer (who Jimmy has performed with) or maybe even Wolfmothers singer (Wolfmother performed Communication Breakdown at what I belive was Zeppelin's British Rock and Roll hall of Fame Induction).

Sure, as long as they don't do anything from the LZ catalog.

Now that would really go over like a lead balloon !

Why stop at just replacing Robert?? I say they replace all four members with robots and send them out on tour as Led Zeppelin...or better yet call them "the white".....people will line up for miles for tickets :)

this is the part of the day where i stop reading this nonsense board and go listen to Brussels '72.

Definitely not, the Black Crowes vocals are awful!

Having said that I remeber on Jimmy Pages tour back in the 80's he played an instrumental of Stairway to Heaven, the audience sang the lyrics and Jason Bonham conducted the audience.

• 2 weeks later...
As you should know Robert is the only member of Zeppelin who has not said he wants to tour if he never says yes do you think Jimmy, John, and Jason should tour not being called Led Zeppelin with another singer if so who. Personally I think they should, potential singers could be the Black Crowes singer (who Jimmy has performed with) or maybe even Wolfmothers singer (Wolfmother performed Communication Breakdown at what I belive was Zeppelin's British Rock and Roll hall of Fame Induction).

Anything's possible, but I don't think the public would buy it.

I know I wouldn't

I'm sure the other members know this as well.

B)

i would like to see Coverdale (if anyone) make the 'new band' he dosent have plants class ,but that mother sure can sing with pages songs.

There are some who are angry with RP for not committing to a Zep tour and have been pretty shitty towards and about him.

But think on, if the others really did go out on the road doing Zep songs it would be interesting how quickly some of who are suggesting all these vocalists would be wanting him in the set up when they struggle to listen to what made Zep unique and it was Plants voice that was part of it.

As much as i want them on stage and if it is without RP then they should find a singer who can cut it all and it could be someone lesser known rather than some of the suggestions made in my view.

The only way this works in my own mind is that Plant has to be in the equation.

And if there was no Jason Bonham,the zeppelin wouldn't get off its mooring.

As you should know Robert is the only member of Zeppelin who has not said he wants to tour if he never says yes do you think Jimmy, John, and Jason should tour not being called Led Zeppelin with another singer if so who. Personally I think they should...

Pinky, now you know how it feels when you dare think outside the "box" of Zep. I should have warned you to wear a bullet-proof vest b/f you posted such a horrible idea. But I'm all for it, and yes, Jimmy, JPJ and Jason have the right to use the name Led Zeppelin or even The Knobs (going back to the Von Zeppelin days). Temporary replacement for Robert? Steven Tyler for the blues songs, but it's hard to imagine anyone else but Robert singing Stairway.

Archived