What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

go look for Bigfoot. Report back when you find him.

Certainly. Would be fun to look. At least there is a possibility. There is NO possibility that you will find your God because there is no such thing other than what is in your dense head. There is not even a shred of evidence for the existance of 'God'.

But this other moron thought he could just call all of us believers idiots more or less.

As opposed to another poster who openly said he laughs at people who 'believe' in the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot? Do you honestly see me crying and whinging about it? Nope, you see me debating his reasoning, not moaning and crying 'foul'

Grow up.

Im not going to take that kind of abuse sitting down.

Stand up then and I'll carry on. Either that or address the facking points and stop being such a pain in the arse. You claimed the forests of the PNW and BC have all been extensively searched.

Where are those 60 odd planes then? :blink:

Why dont you pick a fight with the atheist prick who says us believers are fools??

Because clearly it doesn't bother him so there is no need for him to do so. Same as it doesn't bother me if something 'laughs' at 'belief' in bigfoot. Instead of whinging about an 'affront to my senstitivities' I'd rather tackle the actual subject and not cry like a facking baby like YOU are doing.

Anyway, I do belive Jesus was the Messiah

Naaaaaaah he was NOT the Messiah............................."he was a very naughty boy" :D

Edited by Mangani

Seriously people, with how many people search for these things every year, we'd have some shred of evidence.

Ummmm, unidentified DNA from a mysterious hair recovered after a Yeti sighting in Bhutan. I would say that is a 'shred of evidence'.

http://www.rense.com/general11/yhet.htm

Dr Bryan Sykes, one of the world's top genetic experts at Oxford cannot match it to any known sample and doesn't know what in the hell it is. He has never encountered that before, or since.

what evidence are you basing the claim from?

It's not a claim. It's a fact.

A couple thousand year old book is not 'evidence'.

There is no more evidence as to the reality of the Bible's 'God' than there is to the reality of Thor or Odin or Ganesh etc etc.

There is evidence that people believe in God, but there is not one shred of evidence regarding the reality of God.

It's very bizarre why the Bible's God only chose to make himself known to a tiny localised part of the world known as the Middle East and nowhere else.

In the plains of North America, in the jungles of South America, in the taiga of Siberia, in the deserts of south west Africa, in the mountains of China and around the coasts of Britain (in short, the vast majority of the planet) the people in those places had no knowledge and no awareness of the Bible's God for countless millennia. Surely if there was such a reality to the Bible's God, it would have been inbuilt and inherent in everybody.

The very fact that each area of the globe had their own separate gods, deities and spirits totally different to the other is proof positive that God and gods are man made phenomena with no basis in reality save as a comfort to man's need to answer to a higher force.

Edited by Mangani

I believe in God as to his/her name you choose....religion No...Alien life yes ,little green men no....big harry creatures that fell of darwins wagon maybe.....Nessy No.....something like her in the Ocean yes and I believe in LOVE ....ghosts that go Boo No...spirits yes. :D

There has to be more what? When I die, I can think of nothing more beautiful than becoming part of the compost that feeds the plants that feed the animals that feed the people. It's called the circle of life, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I experience the continuity as a daughter and as a mother. I lack the audacity to put a name or a face on the source from whence we all came, or to give it a book of rules. I feel the energy of being alive, and that's enough for ME :)

Well said. You have put it very succinctly.

Best to enjoy and cherish the time we have on this planet rather than be concerned about what 'might' happen to us once we are dead.

Certainly. Would be fun to look. At least there is a possibility. There is NO possibility that you will find your God because there is no such thing other than what is in your dense head. There is not even a shred of evidence for the existance of 'God'.

As opposed to another poster who openly said he laughs at people who 'believe' in the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot? Do you honestly see me crying and whinging about it? Nope, you see me debating his reasoning, not moaning and crying 'foul'

Grow up.

Stand up then and I'll carry on. Either that or address the facking points and stop being such a pain in the arse. You claimed the forests of the PNW and BC have all been extensively searched.

Where are those 60 odd planes then? :blink:

Because clearly it doesn't bother him so there is no need for him to do so. Same as it doesn't bother me if something 'laughs' at 'belief' in bigfoot. Instead of whinging about an 'affront to my senstitivities' I'd rather tackle the actual subject and not cry like a facking baby like YOU are doing.

Naaaaaaah he was NOT the Messiah............................."he was a very naughty boy" :D

:lol::beer:

They have searched those woods thoroughly.

Think again. There are a vast amount of places like this from the PNW up to Alaska:

205796582_f2b413bb19.jpg

flight6.jpg

British Columbia (for example) has an area five times the size of Britain.............yet only around 4 million people live there and the vast majority of those live in the south west corner in and around Vancouver.

A lot of that part of North America is more rugged, more densely forested and more remote and inaccessible than many places in Africa and South America with the only way in being by plane or boat. The gloomy darkness and wetness of the deep rain forests are not very nice places for people to spend much time in. In areas like those above people don't go far from tracks and trails...if there are any to begin with.

As I said earlier, a lot of that area has only ever been mapped and surveyed from the air.

:lol::beer:

Well if it isnt my cartoon faced friend from Bigfoot country. I dont know if you are laughing at me for believing in God or otherwise. I dont know??? Anyway. I believe in God and I think if you still believe in Bigfoot like this Englishman, you must be into the assortment of brewskies mentioned on the other thread quite heavily. Cheers Babs.

Well if it isnt my cartoon faced friend from Bigfoot country. I dont know if you are laughing at me for believing in God or otherwise. I dont know??? Anyway. I believe in God and I think if you still believe in Bigfoot like this Englishman, you must be into the assortment of brewskies mentioned on the other thread quite heavily. Cheers Babs.

Why?

As a believer in God myself... they do have a point. We do have evidence of big Foot (yeti hair, yeti footprints, etc). All we have for God is a book written and bound by humans. All we have for God is faith. The best evidence beyond the Bible for God has all been scientifically and naturally explained. In fact, I think there's enough to say, at this point, that God is science. Why?

There was a time when Thunderstorms, Clouds, Child Birth, Gravity, etc, etc, etc were contributed to God. Now we have explanations that are more "down-to-Earth."

God works within the confines of Nature. Not because he has to, but because he understands our need for explanations. It works against Him/Her with some people, to be sure, but because God works only within Nature, and everything (S)He does happens within Nature, it can be explained scientifically.

I agree with you totally. the only thing we dont agree on is that I believe Jesus was sent by God and you dont But I agree that if there was a big bang, somethinig had to be there first. so what do you know. We agree!!!

Cool! :thumbsup:

There has to be more what? When I die, I can think of nothing more beautiful than becoming part of the compost that feeds the plants that feed the animals that feed the people. It's called the circle of life, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I experience the continuity as a daughter and as a mother. I lack the audacity to put a name or a face on the source from whence we all came, or to give it a book of rules. I feel the energy of being alive, and that's enough for ME :)

I envy you. I just can't lookat it like that. I just hope there's more.

And besides... this:

"When I die, I can think of nothing more beautiful than becoming part of the compost that feeds the plants that feed the animals that feed the people."

kinda grosses me out...

Edited by Nathan

God.

I believe God caused the Big Bang.

Yes, yes, atheists, I know. Ridiculous, not possible, etc, etc, etc... but ledzeppIV is right. Something had to cause the Big Bang. Something had to set it off. It didn't just come from nothing. Big Bang is proof that there was, at least, something there before. Something created that tiny, volatile speck of matter which would expand into the Universe, which still is expanding to this day.

Here's what I think. Something was there before. I call that something God. Y'all just don't have a logical explanation for it, yet, so you're waiting for one. "God" doesn't necessarily mean some humanoid-looking spirit in a flowing white robe, a long, flowing white beard, and long, flowing white hair who can control nature. God may very well be that spark that set the Big Bang off.

So, where did this god thing come from then... if this god thing created the universe, what created the god thing...........i'm not mocking you, you are free to think what you like.... but the concept of the god thing is wholly illogical..... man has come up with some big whoppers throughout history... but the god thing is the biggest lie of them all.

So, where did this god thing come from then... if this god thing created the universe, what created the god thing...........i'm not mocking you, you are free to think what you like.... but the concept of the god thing is wholly illogical..... man has come up with some big whoppers throughout history... but the god thing is the biggest lie of them all.

I have to admit even I have trouble with that question. No matter how much you argue what created what and so on and so on, eventually you get to the point where, well... something just was. It's very starnge that all of this exists because when you come to the question of what created it... well... are you willing to accept that something was never created... it was just always there? I don't know how I feel about that, honestly. I'm still trying to figure that one out for myself.

Sometimes I do find my belief in God slipping, to be honest, because there are alot of things that don't make sense, but then, there's a lot that doesn't make sense when you don't believe in God, either because... really... what caused the Big Bang? Why was that matter volatile? And where did that matter come from, anyways? How was it made into that small, hot, volatile ball? That wasn't just there. Something created it. But what? And what created that something?

Either way, whether you believe in God or not, something started it all, but the question of where that something came from just serves to make us more confused...

And that, my friends, is where faith and the belief in God exists. In that state of confusion where people wonder "what came first, and how did it get there?"

Is the idea of God a made up lie? I never said it wasn't. I believe it, but that doesn't make it true. After all... many of the Germans believed the Jews were to blame for their problems. That turned out to be a lie. Many Pilgrims believed there were witches among them. We know now those killed in the Salem Witch Trials were innocent for the most part.

Us humans have a history of believing lies. So just because so many, including myself, believe in God, that doesn't make God real. I'm the first to admit that. But I do believe in God regardless.

Edited by Nathan

I believe something or someone created everything. Fits in with the laws of physics and the first law of science. Dont know who or what or if it or they are dead...

Satan is entirely fictional...

Ghosts dont exist, get psychiatric help for being schizzy.

Lochness is done to attract tourists, they admittted that.

Bigfoot see above.

Aliens exist somewhere.

Now we should all be happy were in a gassy pool, in a gassy chamber floating in a petri dish inside Tidybowl mans boat and hope to hell the robber stopper doesnt disentigrate and we all get flushed into the sewers to breed with all the gators.

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

PS Some people will buy anything, and I am here to sell.

Ghosts dont exist, get psychiatric help for being schizzy.

I take it you've never seen one? They do exist.

"Absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence."

Lochness is done to attract tourists, they admittted that.

Most likely.

Bigfoot see above.

But they have evidence. It might be little, seemingly inconclusive stuff, like hair follicles and footprints, but they can't match the hair or footprint discover to any creature we know exists.

Aliens exist somewhere.

Amen.

I take it you've never seen one? They do exist.

"Absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence."

Most likely.

But they have evidence. It might be little, seemingly inconclusive stuff, like hair follicles and footprints, but they can't match the hair or footprint discover to any creature we know exists.

Amen.

Check your post for my invoice>>>

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

I have to admit even I have trouble with that question. No matter how much you argue what created what and so on and so on, eventually you get to the point where, well... something just was. It's very starnge that all of this exists because when you come to the question of what created it... well... are you willing to accept that something was never created... it was just always there? I don't know how I feel about that, honestly. I'm still trying to figure that one out for myself.

Sometimes I do find my belief in God slipping, to be honest, because there are alot of things that don't make sense, but then, there's a lot that doesn't make sense when you don't believe in God, either because... really... what caused the Big Bang? Why was that matter volatile? And where did that matter come from, anyways? How was it made into that small, hot, volatile ball? That wasn't just there. Something created it. But what? And what created that something?

Either way, whether you believe in God or not, something started it all, but the question of where that something came from just serves to make us more confused...

And that, my friends, is where faith and the belief in God exists. In that state of confusion where people wonder "what came first, and how did it get there?"

Is the idea of God a made up lie? I never said it wasn't. I believe it, but that doesn't make it true. After all... many of the Germans believed the Jews were to blame for their problems. That turned out to be a lie. Many Pilgrims believed there were witches among them. We know now those killed in the Salem Witch Trials were innocent for the most part.

Us humans have a history of believing lies. So just because so many, including myself, believe in God, that doesn't make God real. I'm the first to admit that. But I do believe in God regardless.

Why do you give into these "know it alls" saying that the Bible is a lie. what proof do they have that God does not exist as they always throw it in our face that he doesnt. They are a vast minority. And the ones here are mocking and are trouble makers to mock us believers. You be nice nice with them if you chose. I shall not. Prove to me you atheist that was here yesterday that all the witnessed miracles that have happened are all lies. Prove to me that God does not exist. Prove to me that Jesus did not rise on the third day and appear to chosen believers and non believers! Until then, stop mocking us believers.

Why do you give into these "know it alls" saying that the Bible is a lie. what proof do they have that God does not exist as they always throw it in our face that he doesnt. They are a vast minority. And the ones here are mocking and are trouble makers to mock us believers. You be nice nice with them if you chose. I shall not. Prove to me you atheist that was here yesterday that all the witnessed miracles that have happened are all lies. Prove to me that God does not exist. Prove to me that Jesus did not rise on the third day and appear to chosen believers and non believers! Until then, stop mocking us believers.

Lovely sermon ICQYB. :blink::lol:

Why do you give into these "know it alls" saying that the Bible is a lie. what proof do they have that God does not exist as they always throw it in our face that he doesnt. They are a vast minority. And the ones here are mocking and are trouble makers to mock us believers. You be nice nice with them if you chose. I shall not.

I'm not gving into them. I believe in God and always will. But I'm also fair and realistic. I understand the facts. The only proof of God is the Bible. Everything that was at one time attributed to God is now exlainable scientifically and naturally. Does that mean God does not exist? I don't think so. To me, it means God works within nature.

But when you try and and go into who created God, what was before, etc, it gets extremely confusing and has honestly made me question my beliefs once or twice.

Edited by Nathan

"Know it alls" thats rich...All you people who believe the bible is the truth do so because you were told it was "The truth" You have fallen for it, you have been taken in by it, you have been duped, taken for a fool like millions of others, used had your minds washed , your ability to use common sense taken away, CONTROLLED........yes control because that what the purpose of those word of mouth stories were for HUNDREDS of years before a bunch of people decided to put them to paper. World created in six days, adam 'n' eve, noah, resurection etc etc what utter nonsense........... and as for non believers being in the minority you really think that do you... then tell me why there are'nt more churches...why so many of them are poorly attended. Religion, thankfully is dying a slow lingering death ( at least in most of the civilised world) just as it should do. Do you still believe in santa, tooth fairies, easter bunnies, the bogeyman ? no you don't ... so why are you still taken in by the bible stuff ?. The mind boggles.

Edited by johnthomasmoby

"Know it alls" thats rich...All you people who believe the bible is the truth do so because you were told it was "The truth" You have fallen for it, you have been taken in by it, you have been duped, taken for a fool like millions of others, used had your minds washed , your ability to use common sense taken away, CONTROLLED........yes control because that what the purpose of those word of mouth stories were for HUNDREDS of years before a bunch of people decided to put them to paper. World created in six days, adam 'n' eve, noah, resurection etc etc what utter nonsense........... and as for non believers being in the minority you really think that do you... then tell me why there are'nt more churches...why so many of them are poorly attended. Religion, thankfully is dying a slow lingering death ( at least in most of the civilised world) just as it should do. Do you still believe in santa, tooth fairies, easter bunnies, the bogeyman ? no you don't ... so why are you still taken in by the bible stuff ?. The mind boggles.

It is a statistical, mathematical certainty that more people on this earth believe in a supreme being than those of you that do not. That is a FACT. Are you denying this? If so, you are wrong. As for controlled, politicians try and control us all of the time and so does government. Religiion is choice. Yes there are some that are extreme and go too far and bother people when they shouldnt. But that doesnt represent all of them. To say we have "fallen for it" is absurd. What can you prove? Nothing more than the next guy. There are many a very smart and brilliant man that believes in God. Doctors, scientists, Presidents, etc. And you come on here and think you have all the answers and try and mock those who believe? How in the hell can you compare God to the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny. That says something about you right there. Churchs get hurt as much as everything else by economic hardship. Look at the price of gas, the war in Iraq and the economy. And as for the churches being in such a terriible state, I couldnt get in to either of the ones I tried to attend on Xmas or Easter because they were overfilled with people. I had to watch the mass on the internet through the webcam. Get your facts straight and go create a thread for atheists that cant stand the fact that they are vastly outnumbered and are in many a case hypocrits that blame God for all the problems in the world.