What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

"Know it alls" thats rich...All you people who believe the bible is the truth do so because you were told it was "The truth" You have fallen for it, you have been taken in by it, you have been duped, taken for a fool like millions of others, used had your minds washed , your ability to use common sense taken away, CONTROLLED........yes control because that what the purpose of those word of mouth stories were for HUNDREDS of years before a bunch of people decided to put them to paper. World created in six days, adam 'n' eve, noah, resurection etc etc what utter nonsense........... and as for non believers being in the minority you really think that do you... then tell me why there are'nt more churches...why so many of them are poorly attended. Religion, thankfully is dying a slow lingering death ( at least in most of the civilised world) just as it should do. Do you still believe in santa, tooth fairies, easter bunnies, the bogeyman ? no you don't ... so why are you still taken in by the bible stuff ?. The mind boggles.

Here's a hint for you; when debating whether or not God exists or whether or not religion is a good idea, try doing it without insulting people. It's a touchy subject for people and it's debate-worthy, but if all you're going to do is degrade people for the choice TO believe, you might as well not open your mouth.

"Know it alls" thats rich...All you people who believe the bible is the truth do so because you were told it was "The truth" You have fallen for it, you have been taken in by it, you have been duped, taken for a fool like millions of others, used had your minds washed , your ability to use common sense taken away, CONTROLLED........yes control because that what the purpose of those word of mouth stories were for HUNDREDS of years before a bunch of people decided to put them to paper. World created in six days, adam 'n' eve, noah, resurection etc etc what utter nonsense........... and as for non believers being in the minority you really think that do you... then tell me why there are'nt more churches...why so many of them are poorly attended. Religion, thankfully is dying a slow lingering death ( at least in most of the civilised world) just as it should do. Do you still believe in santa, tooth fairies, easter bunnies, the bogeyman ? no you don't ... so why are you still taken in by the bible stuff ?. The mind boggles.

The mind boggles when some assume everyone believes in the christian god and the christian god alone.

I suggest you take your genius genie little self into a lab with no heat, no chemicals, no flasks, nada, squat, nothing, ZILCHIO. Then in six days with all your assumptions come out with nothing. Then get a big fat 0.0000000 in chem, theology, and physics ohhhh wise one.

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

PS Only open minds learn...please dont mix me a drink either, I like alcohol not an empty vacuum.

It is a statistical, mathematical certainty that more people on this earth believe in a supreme being than those of you that do not. That is a FACT. Are you denying this? If so, you are wrong. As for controlled, politicians try and control us all of the time and so does government. Religiion is choice. Yes there are some that are extreme and go too far and bother people when they shouldnt. But that doesnt represent all of them. To say we have "fallen for it" is absurd. What can you prove? Nothing more than the next guy. There are many a very smart and brilliant man that believes in God. Doctors, scientists, Presidents, etc. And you come on here and think you have all the answers and try and mock those who believe? How in the hell can you compare God to the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny. That says something about you right there. Churchs get hurt as much as everything else by economic hardship. Look at the price of gas, the war in Iraq and the economy. And as for the churches being in such a terriible state, I couldnt get in to either of the ones I tried to attend on Xmas or Easter because they were overfilled with people. I had to watch the mass on the internet through the webcam. Get your facts straight and go create a thread for atheists that cant stand the fact that they are vastly outnumbered and are in many a case hypocrits that blame God for all the problems in the world.

Web cam eh' ..... you should have gone for a beer.......and as for atheists hypocrits that blame god !!!!!.... Do you know what an atheist is ?

The mind boggles when some assume everyone believes in the christian god and the christian god alone.

I suggest you take your genius genie little self into a lab with no heat, no chemicals, no flasks, nada, squat, nothing, ZILCHIO. Then in six days with all your assumptions come out with nothing. Then get a big fat 0.0000000 in chem, theology, and physics ohhhh wise one.

zepbaby

PS Only open minds learn...please dont mix me a drink either, I like alcohol not an empty vacuum.

It's not a claim. It's a fact.

A couple thousand year old book is not 'evidence'.

There is no more evidence as to the reality of the Bible's 'God' than there is to the reality of Thor or Odin or Ganesh etc etc.

There is evidence that people believe in God, but there is not one shred of evidence regarding the reality of God.

It's very bizarre why the Bible's God only chose to make himself known to a tiny localised part of the world known as the Middle East and nowhere else.

In the plains of North America, in the jungles of South America, in the taiga of Siberia, in the deserts of south west Africa, in the mountains of China and around the coasts of Britain (in short, the vast majority of the planet) the people in those places had no knowledge and no awareness of the Bible's God for countless millennia. Surely if there was such a reality to the Bible's God, it would have been inbuilt and inherent in everybody.

The very fact that each area of the globe had their own separate gods, deities and spirits totally different to the other is proof positive that God and gods are man made phenomena with no basis in reality save as a comfort to man's need to answer to a higher force.

i don't live by the bible. hell i couldnt name you more than a sentence out of it. you seem to be personalizing god as a neighborly friend. to me its a faceless force of truth which holds love and peace. every religion bases its theology on the same powerful force of nature, so spending time dissecting the negative aspects of other's interpretations of the same thing is only gonna spin you in circles. i refute the globalization of a man made god to put in my claim that god is real everywhere, so everyone can see it/ interpret it in their own liking. the idea that we can think of a concept like god has nothing to do with us...this concept would exist had humans never had the mind to grasp the idea.

i see god as everything. its much wiser to look for connections between god than to see how god is misunderstanding itself based on culturally assimilate differences. you seem to be on a search to find truth... may i propose that truth is the same as false? if god in the bible is not a realistic picture (agreed), then what does that say about the dire search for universal truths which those people share just like you? its the same thing anywhere you look, suffering and happiness with the search for something better. the concept of something better is the same no matter how it is interpreted (the same door of perception). these ideas would exist even without humans to think and opinionate about them. they are timeless, endlessly possible options for perfection which swim through infinity each and every time we choose to think. it's much better to use our time in celebration of these things than holding up the magnifying glass (unless we are studying before we go to the party)

Here's a hint for you; when debating whether or not God exists or whether or not religion is a good idea, try doing it without insulting people. It's a touchy subject for people and it's debate-worthy, but if all you're going to do is degrade people for the choice TO believe, you might as well not open your mouth.

It's outrageous comments and freedom of speech that spark debate... is'nt it ?.

It's outrageous comments and freedom of speech that spark debate... is'nt it ?.

I see a difference in "sparking debate" and being outright combative for no reason. I'm Catholic and I myself don't give a damn if people think there is no God and can't understand why I follow a particular religion, but I do give a damn when people insinuate or outright say that I'm crazy or deranged or stupid or whatever the sentiment of the day is.

Insulting people doesn't "spark debate". Ask anyone who was ever in debate club, or has done professional debates; there are things you just do not do.

zepbaby

( yawn) I think in six days with nothing ..... i might need an ambulance.

I see a difference in "sparking debate" and being outright combative for no reason. I'm Catholic and I myself don't give a damn if people think there is no God and can't understand why I follow a particular religion, but I do give a damn when people insinuate or outright say that I'm crazy or deranged or stupid or whatever the sentiment of the day is.

Insulting people doesn't "spark debate". Ask anyone who was ever in debate club, or has done professional debates; there are things you just do not do.

They think we're a bunch of dumbasses over here because of self righteous, brain dead pricks like ICQYB.

Your Dave Mason "signature" quote is spot on.

They think we're a bunch of dumbasses over here because of self righteous, brain dead pricks like ICQYB.

All forums have their dumbasses mixed in amongst the good people. Even Planet Zeppelin gets it share of fools, though, admittedly, they disappear a lot quicker then the ones here tend to... :huh:

I understand and respect Electrophile's point, and your points. Too bad more people can't be more like you guys. It makes me sad when people from England have better respect for separation of church and state than we do. What the hell is this country about when we're fighting like kids in a sandbox over gods and religions. The older I get, the sadder it makes me.

I understand and respect Electrophile's point, and your points. Too bad more people can't be more like you guys. It makes me sad when people from England have better respect for separation of church and state than we do. What the hell is this country about when we're fighting like kids in a sandbox over gods and religions. The older I get, the sadder it makes me.

Aw. Thanks. :)

I have to agree with you, though. There is a reason religion is kept out of state.

But I think the fight over religion will never end.

Honestly, I think one thing that may help take us closer to world peace is the abolishment of religion entirely. I mean, pretty much every war ever fought in human history has been because of religion, and if it wasn't about religion, religion slowly crept it's way in to becoming the largest reason to keep that war going.

But we do what we can. The truth is, as long as there are people, there will be a need to define what cannot be explained.

I contend to this day that because of the Silmarillion(sp?) alone, the whole story of Middle Earth will create one of the largest religions around in the next few thousands years or so. Like all religions, the current ones will die out to be replaced by others. It's the way it is.

Edited by Nathan

Luckily, here in England, we don't have any of those really scary "End Timer" nutters that you have over there............. no wonder you feel sad.

Luckily, here in England, we don't have any of those really scary "End Timer" nutters that you have over there............. no wonder you feel sad.

You guys must enjoy the peace. But do you have those door-to-door religious salespeople? They're the worst...

Aw. Thanks. :)

I have to agree with you, though. There is a reason religion is kept out of state.

But I think the fight over religion will never end.

Honestly, I think one thing that may help take us closer to world peace is the abolishment of religion entirely. I mean, pretty much every war ever fought in human history has been because of religion, and if it wasn't about religion, religion slowly crept it's way in to becoming the largest reason to keep that war going.

But we do what we can. The truth is, as long as there are people, there will be a need to define what cannot be explained.

I contend to this day that because of the Silmarillion(sp?) alone, the whole story of Middle Earth will create one of the largest religions around in the next few thousands years or so. Like all religions, the current ones will die out to be replaced by others. It's the way it is.

I have friend who went to Norway to visit relatives and the locals were cracking up at the Americans who wanted to go to church. Someone had to go find the preacher guy to preach to them. My friend asked her relative why no one there went to church, and the person said because they see it as a historical thing, or a national heritage thing. She said "We go there all the time to tend the flowers!" :lol: All I'm sayin' is look at Norway and how people are doin' over there in general......pretty damn good.

On the other hand, I know people for whom religion is a great comfort, esp. in difficult times. So, whatever works for the individual.

I have friend who went to Norway to visit relatives and the locals were cracking up at the Americans who wanted to go to church. Someone had to go find the preacher guy to preach to them. My friend asked her relative why no one there went to church, and the person said because they see it as a historical thing, or a national heritage thing. She said "We go there all the time to tend the flowers!" :lol: All I'm sayin' is look at Norway and how people are doin' over there in general......pretty damn good.

On the other hand, I know people for whom religion is a great comfort, esp. in difficult times. So, whatever works for the individual.

Proof that no religion may be better then having religion...

Edited by Nathan

You guys must enjoy the peace. But do you have those door-to-door religious salespeople? They're the worst...

Oh yeah, The WATCHTOWER pushers (jehovahs).. I love em'... if you talk to them, they just keep coming back no matter what you say to them..... you have to admire their conviction.

Oh yeah, The WATCHTOWER pushers (jehovahs).. I love em'... if you talk to them, they just keep coming back no matter what you say to them..... you have to admire their conviction.

Oh no. I ain't admiring shit about those guys. Their conviction isn't admirable... it's annoying.

I remember one time on a Friday the 13th, a door-to-door proselytizer was walking around the neighborhood. He went down the street on one side. As he disappeared over the little hill on my street, I ran to my computer, printed out a huge pic of Satan with the words "if you knock on this door you will forever be possessed by the devil," and taped it to the door.

The proselytizer skipped our house...

:D

You can't swing a dead cat around here with out hitting a church. Many have 100's of people who go regularly, more than once a week, my brother is one of those.

Hey, I know Wisconsin- bars and churches! Gotta love it. :D