RockAction's Fishing Thread!

Rock Action

I'll bet if you ever hooked a steelhead, that'd get you going. Ya gotta be patient.

B)

Well, I did it when I was very little, and don't remember too well.

I can't really knock it as I haven't properly tried it, but from the looks of it right now, it just doesn't seem that appealing.

I doubt I'll get into it, but I am always willing to try just about anything.

But I kind of an animal guy, and I don't really feel like messing with the fish, even though I eat them all the time!

I can't really knock it as I haven't properly tried it, but from the looks of it right now, it just doesn't seem that appealing.

But I kind of an animal guy, and I don't really feel like messing with the fish, even though I eat them all the time!

Maybe you should go out with some shrimpers one night. I used to haul them in 50-100 pounds at a time. Non stop til the tide stopped running.

I remember one of my best nights was during a norwestern and a 2ft+ tide drop.

With 14'X10' wing nets and 505 Cummins Diesel running nearly full throttle just to move forward. We filled every ice hold 20 champagne baskets 12 48qt igloos the fantail was covered the picking box across the bow was full and the entire deck of the 30' boat 4" deep in under 4hrs. over 5200 pounds at 3.75avg a pound.

Not a bad night. Would've stayed out for more if the boat was bigger. <_<

ashrimp2.jpg

Shrimp1-8-00a.jpg

Well damn, I am in Louisiana, and I do love shrimp........

But then I have to peel them, prepare them, batter them up, and fry them..........that sounds like a pain in the ass honestly.

You're in Louisiana and don't fish! :huh: You must be away from water?

To be honest, I haven't been that interested in single line fishing since I had to sell my boat. I will take a charter out when the Reds and Specs start hitting, then out for Tuna season. :D

Well damn, I am in Louisiana, and I do love shrimp........

But then I have to peel them, prepare them, batter them up, and fry them..........that sounds like a pain in the ass honestly.

It's worth all the effort, believe me. :D

I went fishing on the Detroit River, down-river by Wyandotte. Right before it dumps into Lake Erie is a hot spot for Walleye. There's usually hundreds of boats out there everyday. When we stopped for gas, bait, and beer, the store owner asked my friend if he had ever used crawdads for bait. I'm an old fashioned worm guy, and had no desire to experiment. My friends took some though. We get out on the water and these guys were both getting their fingers bitten trying to bait their hooks. It was hilarious watching these guys scream and struggle. I was pulling up nasty sheephead right and left with worms, and after going thru all the trouble, they weren't catching shit. When we got back to the docks, the store owner asked how we made out. It seems when he gave my buddies the crayfish he left out a very minor little detail....You're supposed to take the claws off before you use them as bait, or the fish won't hit on them. Dumb-asses.

Ever try using leeches for bait? It is not as gross as it sounds.

Oh shit...no. When I was up in- ironically- Leech Lake in northern Minn., someone asked me if I wanted to use some leeches. I passed. Besides, the pike were slamming the shit out of silver spoons anyway.

When you hook something that fights like crazy, then I think that's what gets you hooked on fishing. B)

I don't know anything about saltwater species----what kind of fish is that?

A couple of different names: Dolphin Fish, Mahi-Mahi or Dorado.

Gorgeous fish. My friend caught a 90 pounder once.

nah man, haven't really had a chance and I'll be out of here soon. I'm at Fort Polk

This is interesting.........because I never quoted "Doublenecker", and unless this is an extreme coincidence, which I doubt, someone has some access to some shit, and is fucking around. I don't think anyone appreciates that............

This is interesting.........because I never quoted "Doublenecker", and unless this is an extreme coincidence, which I doubt, someone has some access to some shit, and is fucking around. I don't think anyone appreciates that............

maybe you were drunk and forgot?

Archived