Current music recommendations

Matthew!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got turned on to this yesterday.

Year Zero by Ghost B.C. from Sweden.

This song is live, and an excellent performance to see as well as hear.

This looks like a band I would love to see live.

Checking their tour schedule now.

• 1 month later...

Just got turned on to this yesterday.

Year Zero by Ghost B.C. from Sweden.

This song is live, and an excellent performance to see as well as hear.

This looks like a band I would love to see live.

Checking their tour schedule now.

Hell,

Satanclaus is alive!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I liked them, the last internationale, I hear a chrissie hynde vibe vocally and ramones vibe with the music.

I stumbled upon a primus set many years ago at bonarroo, such an interesting live music experience...a hybrid fusion is only way I can describe it. I bought one record back in the 90s, so over that 20 year span, have no idea what they were playin that night, after a heavy heavy rain storm. But along with bob dylan, govt mule and robert randolph...primus was the last band I saw, before leaving and trying to hear a little bit more music.

I liked them, the last internationale, I hear a chrissie hynde vibe vocally and ramones vibe with the music.

I stumbled upon a primus set many years ago at bonarroo, such an interesting live music experience...a hybrid fusion is only way I can describe it. I bought one record back in the 90s, so over that 20 year span, have no idea what they were playin that night, after a heavy heavy rain storm. But along with bob dylan, govt mule and robert randolph...primus was the last band I saw, before leaving and trying to hear a little bit more music.

Live Primus is a great thing. Saw them in 2006 at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, saw Les Claypool with C2B3 and once with his Fancy Band, always had a blast. Do you remember what year you saw them or what album you owned? You should check out my Primus thread, I've posted lots of goodies in there!

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/21019-primus/

• 3 weeks later...

Live Primus is a great thing. Saw them in 2006 at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, saw Les Claypool with C2B3 and once with his Fancy Band, always had a blast. Do you remember what year you saw them or what album you owned? You should check out my Primus thread, I've posted lots of goodies in there!

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/21019-primus/

Sorry for responding late here, I saw them in 03 I think. There were some cool instrumental jams and a pink floyd cover. I got sailing the seas.., from early 90s, maybe their breakthrough commercial record.

Nice! I think they were doing 'In the Flesh' around that time? Claypool's Frog Brigade does one of my all time favorite covers. (Also by Pink Floyd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA-QpUgwlEI&index=178&list=FLtFke9JGY8OO18xsAiR9huQ

Seas of Cheese is a great one, you should try Frizzle Fry! Cheers!

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

I think it was in the flesh. Primus is one of those bands, where I never heard anything like it at the time. I like the hyper rhythmic style combined with the heavy sound. They def seem to be students of capt beefheart. They are one of those bands where I only have one album from them though...along with ween, chemical bros, keller williams, victor wooten, stuff like that, where the material was so new and different at the time. It's the time and money issue w record collecting. Will check out more of their material on the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

If I have one recommendation, it's DeWolff.

DeWolff is a dutch bluesrock/retro-rock trio (guitar/vocals, hammond organ and drums), for me they are proof that the rock music we all love is still very much alive.

Their music will remind you of Deep Purple, Allman Brothers Band and also a bit of Led Zep & The Doors.

I've seen them live quite a few times and these talented young rockers really put on a good show!

Check out their gig in Eindhoven, The Netherlands (from early 2014):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQD4rKxK2ak

Enjoy,

Maaike

Edited by Maaike Roeleveld