Current music recommendations

Matthew!

I would suggest Fleet Foxes. It's Seattle band that released their debut album in June 2008. Can't get more current then that, can it? :D They are fuckin' GREAT!

Edit to add another song:

The singer has an incredible voice, I really love it.

Thanx man.....I was meaning to get into these guys!!:):)

• 3 weeks later...
I can't stop recomend these guys.. here's an entire consert for every rock'n'roller to check out:

The Hellacopters - Live in consert, Norweigan national TV

I LOVE NORWEIGAN TV FOR STREAMING THIS ON INTERNET!!!! B)

Here's the set list:

1, Hopeless Case Of A Kid In Denial

2, Electrocute

3, I'm In The Band

4, The Devil Stole The Beat From The Lord

5, Ferrytale

6, Like No Other Man

7, Carry Me Home

8, Move Right Out Of Here

9, No Song Unheard

10, In The Sign Of The Octopus

11, Toys And Flavors

12, Better Than You

13, Soulseller

14, By The Grace Of God

15, (Gotta Get Some Action) Now!

Thank you :P:P.

On Topic: Yes, The Hellacopters are an extremly good band, and the musicans are not to bad either. It's a shame that I never have seen them live (not always nice to be young).

If I'm not going to count The Hellacopters in, I know of another three extremly good bands that I have to recomend.

My Morning Jacket

"An American Rock band best known of their heavy-reverb sound, their electic mix of country rock, indie rock, funk, psychedelic, and southern rock styles, and enthusiastic and energetic live shows."

My Morning Jacket - The Wat That He Sings

My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday

My Morning Jacket - Mahgeeta

The Grand

A Norwegian blues/rock/psychedelic rock band. The band are inspired of bands like The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin (mainly from the 60/70's), but also new bands like Queens of the Stone Age, Wolfmother and The White Stripes. The band have recorded one album; The Grand - The Grand (try to listen to this Swede, i may think you like it).

The Grand - Downhill

www.thegrand.no

Madrugada

Another Norwegian rock band. It's kinda hard to explain their sound, but you can say that they are inspired of bands like The Doors and Pearl Jam (but again I'm not sure, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong). Their guitarist, Robert Burås, died last summer, and they are now planing to break up after Christmas (they have toured with two other guitarist's instead of Robert this year; Alex Kloster Jensen and Cato Thomassen). I also have to say that Sivert Høyem (the vocalist), got an extremly good voice, that few people can compare their self to.

Madrugada - Majesty (LISTEN TO THIS!)

- Madrugada - The kids are high on the street

Madrugada - Black Mambo

Another band's worth checking out:

The Soulshake Express (a swedish rock band. Inspired of groups like The Black Keys, The Hellacopters...)

The Black Keys

My Midnight Creeps (Robert Burås played in this group to)

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Sorry for my bad english

Thank you :P:P.

On Topic: Yes, The Hellacopters are an extremly good band, and the musicans are not to bad either. It's a shame that I never have seen them live (not always nice to be young).

If I'm not going to count The Hellacopters in, I know of another three extremly good bands that I have to recomend.

My Morning Jacket

"An American Rock band best known of their heavy-reverb sound, their electic mix of country rock, indie rock, funk, psychedelic, and southern rock styles, and enthusiastic and energetic live shows."

My Morning Jacket - The Wat That He Sings

My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday

My Morning Jacket - Mahgeeta

The Grand

A Norwegian blues/rock/psychedelic rock band. The band are inspired of bands like The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin (mainly from the 60/70's), but also new bands like Queens of the Stone Age, Wolfmother and The White Stripes. The band have recorded one album; The Grand - The Grand (try to listen to this Swede, i may think you like it).

The Grand - Downhill

www.thegrand.no

Madrugada

Another Norwegian rock band. It's kinda hard to explain their sound, but you can say that they are inspired of bands like The Doors and Pearl Jam (but again I'm not sure, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong). Their guitarist, Robert Burås, died last summer, and they are now planing to break up after Christmas (they have toured with two other guitarist's instead of Robert this year; Alex Kloster Jensen and Cato Thomassen). I also have to say that Sivert Høyem (the vocalist), got an extremly good voice, that few people can compare their self to.

Madrugada - Majesty (LISTEN TO THIS!)

- Madrugada - The kids are high on the street

Madrugada - Black Mambo

Another band's worth checking out:

The Soulshake Express (a swedish rock band. Inspired of groups like The Black Keys, The Hellacopters...)

The Black Keys

My Midnight Creeps (Robert Burås played in this group to)

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Sorry for my bad english

You are right, I am listening to The Grand right now, and I think it sounds really good! I will have to check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!

Another Norwegian band that is pretty good is Ricochets (sp?), have you seen or heard them?

You are right, I am listening to The Grand right now, and I think it sounds really good! I will have to check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!

Another Norwegian band that is pretty good is Ricochets (sp?), have you seen or heard them?

I've heard about them, and heard some songs, but never seen them live (not always nice to be young :P). I have tried to get one or two of their albums, but with no success. I have heard theiy was a pretty good live band in their time.

But the band broke up, and later Alex Kloster Jensen, the guitarist of the band, went on to form My Midnight Creeps together with the guitarist of Madrugada, Robert Burås (check My Midnight Creeps out, it's a real good band). Now Alex Kloster Jensen is playing together with Madrugada, instead of Robert (Cato Thomassen is also with him), but after christmas Madrugada is breaking up. They got some few gig's in Norway, before Christmas. And I got a ticket to one of their last show's!

I will give you another tip, check out Madrugada ;).

THE BLACK KEYS

I think a few of you might appreciate these guys.

Yes!!! And they're awesome live as well!!

My 2 cents:

THREE MILE PILOT.

Great band from San Diego. Has been around since about 1988; no detectable activity (besides persistent rumors of resurrection and new album) since 1998. At around that time the band has splintered into The Black Heart Procession and Pinback.

The link above is MySpace fan page. Start from the last song in the embedded player (The House Is Loss) - if interested move on to the rest. Slow Hand was recorded with no guitar, if you can believe that... just the vocals, bass and drum.

Why don't you check out "the hardest non working band in the world!", The Maharajas?

They play rock, got a feeling for great harmonies and write lyrics with a great sense of humour. It's one of the better live bands around IMHO, always put on a great show with a lot of attitude and great musicianship.

They have released several albums, of which I have all but one. I highly recomend them all.

Check 'em out at: The Maharajas

l_69dd2dc991a055f754ae25349768af56.jpg

• 6 months later...

^Hey thanks for bringing this thread up, was looking for it earlier/5pages back. i've heard some stuff on the radio that i like, but have not bought the cds. -cotton jones, -heartless bastards and -buddy and judy miller song-matches and gasoline.

^Hey thanks for bringing this thread up, was looking for it earlier/5pages back. i've heard some stuff on the radio that i like, but have not bought the cds. -cotton jones, -heartless bastards and -buddy and judy miller song-matches and gasoline.

Get the Buddy and Judy Miller CD - whole thing is fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...