Current music recommendations

Matthew!

The Dead Weather ~ Dodge And Burn.

There's no easy way to classify this album:

Rock..

Punk..

Smooth Garage Rock/ including varying degrees of Punk thrown in with Alison Mosshart's great devilish vocals and capable drumming from Jack White.They like to play around with timing in more than one song eg:4/4 into 2/4 then back to 4/4.And Dean Fertita's still fond of feedback without overdoing it.

Eclectic experimental which is what I've come to expect from this band,but it works.And it rocks!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/09/album-review-the-dead-weather-dodge-and-burn/

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dead-weather-guitarist-describes-let-me-through-technique-20150930 

One word....Dorothy!! :D

No. Not as in 'The Wizard of Oz'! :P 

This band's song 'Wicked Ones' has been featured in ads for companies like Levis. These guys are based in Los Angeles and are pretty bad ass! B) 

Here is the Levis ad:

And here is the official video for the song 'Wicked Ones' : 

And here is another bad ass song! Check out that bass line, baby!! :D :banana:

Mindi Abair. She is a Jazz musician who used to play sax as a touring member of Aerosmith. I've seen her in person and she is a great performer, hence being hired by Aerosmith.

She posts all her albums on her youtube channel here. I recommend Wild Heart.

Edited by DAS

• 6 months later...
On 5/22/2016 at 1:59 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Yes indeed, my friend! :friends: Can't wait for June 3rd! :D 

Full album streaming here, I held out as long as I could. :P

Hear the Claypool Lennon Delirium's Outlandish Debut

Duo discuss how opioid fears, mushroom hunting and Monkees' 'Head' informed new LP 'Monolith of Phobos'

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-claypool-lennon-deliriums-outlandish-debut-20160526#ixzz49pKANFX2 

• 5 months later...

White Denim is an American four-piece rock band from Austin, Texas, United States. Their music is influenced by dub, psychedelic rock, blues, punk rock, progressive rock, soul, jazz, experimental rock with home-based recording, jamming approach, intense looping work and unusual song structures. ( Via Wikipedia )

• 2 weeks later...

New band out of Fort Worth Texas...The Cut Throat Finches. I haven't seen them live yet, but there's a pretty cool track , "Moon Beast " on their new album getting some air play on KXT here in Dallas

Edited by zepscoda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Record Company... their Wikipedia info:

Members:

Chris Vos

Alex Stiff

Marc Cazorla

The Record Company is an American rock band formed in Los Angeles. Their music is influenced by blues musicians like John Lee Hooker,[1] early punk bands like The Stooges, and rock bands like The Rolling Stones. Their sound incorporates slide guitar, distorted bass, a Ludwig drum kit and the vocals of Chris Vos, who grew up on a Wisconsin dairy farm.

The three-man group started in late 2011, hanging up old microphones and recording live in the bass player's living room in Los Feliz, California. The Record Company have since played concert halls across North America, opening for acts as diverse as B.B. King, Social Distortion, Buddy Guy, Grace Potter, and Trombone Shorty. The band toured Europe supporting Blackberry Smoke in late 2015.

Their first full-length album Give It Back to You was released on Concord Records on February 12, 2016. Its lead single "Off the Ground" reached #1 on the US Billboard Adult Alternative Songs chart.[2] The band has received critical acclaim from Entertainment Weekly,[3] Paste,[4] The Huffington Post,[5] and Rolling Stone.[6]