Trampled Underfoot

did anybody else who has seen trampled underfoot at the o2 notice the awesome power it has with Jonsey's keyboard intro building suspense Jason's drum intro followed by Robert's vocals all build up to the climax with Jimmy's massivley powerful guitar. to me its like taking a deep breath and then just completly exploding for six and a half mintes with an even more powerful blast when Jimmy's guitar comes in. does anyone else agree?

I thought it was probably the funkiest version they've ever done, and I liked Robert's save on the verse before the jam, when he almost missed a vocal (cruising on the freeway). Still, I prefer the Earl's Court version from the DVD (even though in the unedited one, his voice was cracking like wet paint). I just love how it starts to careen almost out of control near the end and it speeds up to like a breakneck pace.

• 2 weeks later...

On any given day, Trampled (live versions especially) could be my favourite Zep tune...I've heard it countless times but never get tired of it...I find it near impossible to listen to it and not bob my head or tap my foot or something B)

did anybody else who has seen trampled underfoot at the o2 notice the awesome power it has with Jonsey's keyboard intro building suspense Jason's drum intro followed by Robert's vocals all build up to the climax with Jimmy's massivley powerful guitar. to me its like taking a deep breath and then just completly exploding for six and a half mintes with an even more powerful blast when Jimmy's guitar comes in. does anyone else agree?

It's pretty good, but it's a little slower than I'm used to hearing them play it live.

For my money, I'll take the 1975 Earl's Court version from the DVD. That version really kicks butt! And I love how Plant starts singing lines from "Gallow's Pole" at the end: "see saw knock at my door, gotta swing"

It's pretty good, but it's a little slower than I'm used to hearing them play it live.

For my money, I'll take the 1975 Earl's Court version from the DVD. That version really kicks butt! And I love how Plant starts singing lines from "Gallow's Pole" at the end: "see saw knock at my door, gotta swing"

Ditto for me...I love the '75 versions

O2 version was amazing, Page's crazy guitar solo using that digitech whammy pedal is what gives that insane effect when he goes so high on the neck as he whammy's up an octave, dogs were probably barking all around the Thames river. Page WAILED that solo with that wicked whammy pedal, such edge, energy, and speed, and then he concludes the solo with a wicked run down the neck, then goes into Jones' spot-on keyboard bridge (my favorite part). Trampled killed at the O2 imo.

I bought this 45 when it came out in 1975, mainly for the B side, Black Country Woman. Trampled was never my favorite song but hells bells, it was John Paul's baby from start to finish. He also got a break from standing, which was a smart song choice on his part. B)

I also prefer the '75 versions, but musically I thought 'Trampled Underfoot' sounded great at the 02 from what I've heard.

I would also like to add that I had this song blaring out of my car today while doing some errands, and it's quite possibly the best driving song... EVER.

I also prefer the '75 versions, but musically I thought 'Trampled Underfoot' sounded great at the 02 from what I've heard.

I would also like to add that I had this song blaring out of my car today while doing some errands, and it's quite possibly the best driving song... EVER.

Its always tempting to speed when playing it though :D

i loved the speed and tempo... the only thing that would have made it the perfect version would have been to change the sound on the keyboard...

in O2... imo, it sounds more like an electirc piano then some funky keyboard sound and i love the sound of the stuido version and the earls court performance has a good sound to it...

the performance at O2 was great, it just needed to sound different

O2 version was amazing, Page's crazy guitar solo using that digitech whammy pedal is what gives that insane effect when he goes so high on the neck as he whammy's up an octave, dogs were probably barking all around the Thames river. Page WAILED that solo with that wicked whammy pedal, such edge, energy, and speed, and then he concludes the solo with a wicked run down the neck, then goes into Jones' spot-on keyboard bridge (my favorite part). Trampled killed at the O2 imo.

i'm with you. that harmonizer effect coupled with the whammy sounded like a 12 string being played with some ferocious slide work. He just attacked it perfectly.

Ya know, thats one of the tunes I didnt watch much at first, than Iwent back to it, and I love it! Now I'm addicted to trampled,No quarter and TSRTS from the 02 DVD!!!!

when they broke into TSRTS right after stairway, I felt like my body spontaneously combusted and I found myslef behaving like a wild animal for the full 6 minutes of the track!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was to lost in the magic of IMTOD,FYL and WLL, my first top 3 favs, and didn't give Trampled complete attention until recently. I thought it was too mellow at first. Then I zeroed in on the keys and the interplay with Jimmy. Jonesy's sense of space, when to fill it and when to back off was practically psychic. There is a relatively new matrix mix of 9 different O2 sources (4+5) and the keyboard is clear and crisp, and just excellent. DL this one if you haven't already.

Archived