Page's o2 equipment

pinky

from this thread:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...ic=1833&hl=

This is all I know of Jimmy's gear for the reunion show:

Gibson LP #1 - standard tuning -1 tone (D)

Gibson LP #2 - standard tuning

Gibson ES350 - open G

Gibson LP Custom "Black Beauty" (3 p/u, Bigsby custom 6 way switch) - standard tuning

Gibson EDS1275 - both necks standard tuning -1 tone (D)

Gibson LP (cherry b-bender) - DADGAD

Giffen LP - standard tuning -1 tone (D) bow

Transperformance LP - standard tuning

2 x Orange AD?? (gtrs)

2 x Petersburg JP-100 (gtrs)

2 x Marshall SLP 1959 (gtrs)

2 x Orange AD?? (theremin)

Pete Cornish Input Selector and Line Driver (off stage)

Pete Cornish pedalboard comprising -

Amp "Lead" switch

MXR Phase 90

Yamaha CH-10Mk II Chorus

Boss CE-2 Chorus

Cry Baby Wah-Wah

Digitec WH-1 Whammy

Linear Boost

Send / Return to Spare FX #1

Send / Return to Spare FX #2

Send / Return to Echoplex EP3

There was a 2nd Whammy balanced atop the pedalboard, I don't know why

I heard, from someone influencial, that he only actually used the orange heads all night, the others were on and plugged in, but he didnt use them.

I dont know if theres any truth to it, but i wouldnt go as far as to call the guy a liar!

I heard, from someone influencial, that he only actually used the orange heads all night, the others were on and plugged in, but he didnt use them.

I dont know if theres any truth to it, but i wouldnt go as far as to call the guy a liar!

seems weird they would build custom Marshalls for the gig and not use em

led-zeppelin-colour37.jpg

They come in different thicknesses and shapes, and they are not always made of plastic. It can affect the tone. Any body know what picks he uses?

I've been trying to figure that out, I use dunlops the thick kind.

Herco Flex 75 Picks according to this gear guide:

http://guitarplayer.wordpress.com/category...ete-gear-guide/

This one always raises a smile with me: he was quoted once as saying he used the Herco picks. IIRC that was the Guitar Player interview from 1977. But it gets reprinted in all the "gear guides" as gospel truth that he still uses them.

:blink:

:D

He might, then again he might not. Let's face it - guitar picks are just about the easiest part of your setup to change!

Incidently - I had a weird experience reading that list you posted the link to: half way down it I was reading my own words! Isn't the internet great? I sent a brief email to a friend a couple of years ago giving him a short description of a couple of Page's guitars. Next thing I know, it's on his website, word for word (which is cool, but if I'd known it was for the public I'd have phrased it differently).

But now it seems now it's on some other website, too... :D

I guess nothing is original anymore. B)

This one always raises a smile with me: he was quoted once as saying he used the Herco picks. IIRC that was the Guitar Player interview from 1977. But it gets reprinted in all the "gear guides" as gospel truth that he still uses them.

It doesn't just happen with gear. There are countless anecdotes which were utterances in one or two interviews which have ended up printed as facts in the different biographies which are out there.

This is a direct result of Zeppelin's refusal to deal with the media, but it also proves why they were right to mistrusting the media. Not only do these single little pieces of information get printed as fact, they are then analysed as though they are important. They don't consider that it could have been something that Jimmy said half-wasted in a hotel room during the '77 tour.....

Don't know about the equipment...I am not into that technical stuff, unfortunately... :rolleyes: but I heard that Jimmy hired the same sound engineer for Metallica after seeing them live last year.. True or false?? I guess he wanted to get a very powerful and loud (in a good way, of course) sound .. :D

Don't know about the equipment...I am not into that technical stuff, unfortunately... :rolleyes: but I heard that Jimmy hired the same sound engineer for Metallica after seeing them live last year.. True or false?? I guess he wanted to get a very powerful and loud (in a good way, of course) sound .. :D

The sound system was state of the art, operated by Robert Plant's sound man on Vox and the Metallica man mixing the band.

http://www.hedcom.fi/ledzeppelin07

why would he not use them?

From what I've heard (from a reputable guy, backstage at the show as Jason Bonham's guest, present at rehersals) each of the four half stacks (Orange; Peterson; Marshall; Orange) had two amp heads so that one could be used, with the other as a spare. This has been confirmed by checking photos that show one amp in each stack with switches in standby position.

As far as the Marshalls go, one was his old Zep era head & the other was the one photographed above, which was presented to Jimmy as a gift by Marshall.

Detail of this amp emerged on a number of forums, from people involved with its production: basically it is a stock Marshall Jimi Hendrix signature head (Details) with the Zoso logo and the comemorative inscription added.

It isn't going to be a JP signature head just yet... ;)

• 10 months later...

I know in '95 Jimmy still used Herco Flex guitar picks. I was lucky enough to go backstage before the Page/Plant show in Denver and one of the promoters asked if I wanted to see Jimmy's guitars when she found out I played. Sitting there tuning up Jimmy's guitars was his guitar tech for the tour, John. I asked John what type of picks Jimmy uses and he got up, walked over to Jimmy's amp stack and handed me one!!!!

The most prized possession I own!!!

Gibson LP #1 - standard tuning -1 tone (D)

Gibson LP #2 - standard tuning

These aren't the original LP's he used in the 70's right? I thought those were in bad shape or something like that.

Yes they are the same ones, they are in pretty rough shape seen up close.

• 1 month later...

Archived