JIMMY PAGE

zoso

So let me clarify my comment because I didn't intend to pass judgment on anyone who finds some enjoyment in the recording.

However, for me, it is not soothing nor do I find harmony in it. It is chilling and somewhat macabre, and if anything, invokes anxiety as an emotional response.

For me, when I think of harmony, the compositions I appreciate the most are in the Rain Song, Swan Song/Midnight Moonlight, ten years gone, in the light...... Lucifer Rising doesn't do it for me.

I'm not knocking you for your musical preferences, my friend. Just asking you if you recognise it's beauty, regardless of the emotions it makes you feel?

I'm not knocking you for your musical preferences, my friend. Just asking you if you recognise it's beauty, regardless of the emotions it makes you feel?

Lucifer Rising is a soundtrack. As a stadalone it's a mood piece more akin to Eno and Fripp than anything else.

Lucifer Rising is a soundtrack. As a stadalone it's a mood piece more akin to Eno and Fripp than anything else.

lol, The fact that it's a mood piece is the point I'm trying to make here. It's amazing because it sets the mood perfectly for what it's intended - it's perfectly written and composed. Page is a genius.

If you look around you can find all of Jimmy's work rather easily. The are Yardbird collections that feature live and studio tracks from Jimmy's era with them. There are two "Jimmy Page, Young Guitar Slinger" (I think that it's called that)CD's out there with Jimmy's pre-Zeppelin studio work on it. Cabala, as mentioned.

That said, Jimmy could easily release a "REMASTERED COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX SET"!

That would be unique. :unsure:

Outrider is a great album. Especially "Blues anthem" and "prison blues". Really great songs! Why don't you all like it?

Jimmy had his demo tapes stolen and had to largely improvise in the studio, and it shows in the finished product. The blues songs worked in 1969 when Zep was still finding its muse but come across as filler here--and poorly sung at that. Really the only great stuff is the 3 instrumentals which feature his producing skills that he would put into much better use with Coverdale/Page. The AOR stuff such as Wasting My Time is OK but nothing groundbreaking. The song with Robert Plant is kind of anticlimactic.

I remember reading that there is almost an albums worth of unreleased material from the Coverdale Page sessions.

Perhaps not that much. There were at least two completed tracks left off the album.

Jimmy recorded Don't Leave Me This Way on the first take with a 102 degree fever.

Perhaps not that much. There were at least two completed tracks left off the album.

Jimmy recorded Don't Leave Me This Way on the first take with a 102 degree fever.

I would just like to hear some of the stuff that Jimmy has lying around that never made it to a cd.

For example:

1)a track called "Wanted" from the "clarksdale sessions"

2)"Domino" from the netaid concert

3) a track called "saccharine" from the Coverdale/Page sessions

I would just like to hear some of the stuff that Jimmy has lying around that never made it to a cd.

For example:

1)a track called "Wanted" from the "clarksdale sessions"

2)"Domino" from the netaid concert

3) a track called "saccharine" from the Coverdale/Page sessions

Better it's heard than just laying around.

I've never heard all of Domino. The netcast idiots cut it off. I haven't seen it pop up anywhere else.

I have the Netaid set on cd. "Dazed& confused"/Domino/In my time of dying/Whole lotta love.

Great stuff!!

Would LOVE to see a "Jimmy" Thing but let's face it - Jimmy's output since 1980 hasn't been very fruitful and/or as interesting unfortunately as Roberts' has.

Over the years I would always hope for that magical and powerful Jimmy solo disc - but it never happened. Not that he couldn't do it, he just hasn't released anything to jump around for.

Yes?

Never under estimate Page's ability. I'm sure its hard to be as hungry when one has already done it all and is richer than the word rich can even be coined.

I have a feeling his best work is yet to be heard!

How about if Zeppelin doesn't tour Jimmy does some smaller venues? He could do some of his solo stuff and even break out some of the new songs he's talked about.

I think that was his original plan before the reunion came around. Not sure who he would use for his backing band, though.

I THINK IT'S TIME FOR A JIMMY PAGE CAREER SPANNING BOX SET. FROM THE EARLY STUDIO SESSIONS/YARDBIRDS/ZEP/FIRM/SOLO/BLACK CROWES/COVERDALE PAGE ETC.

I would love it if he came out with a box set of his outstanding career. That would be great. After giving it some thought, what I personally would love is for Jimmy to do something acoustic, or maybe something instrumental type album of just him.

Now I know I probably stand alone in this and that's fine. But some of the instrumental in his and Led Zeppelin's previous work I think is beautiful, like "Emerald Eyes" in Outrider and "Bron-Yr-Aur" in Physical Graffiti. They are beautiful pieces of work and everytime I listen to them, I never want the music to stop. It's beautiful. I would love something like that. Just his beautiful brilliant guitar playing. It sounds really refreshing.

Archived