What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

As you can see, I've been on a bit of a Dylan/Young kick lately. I've always ranked them as two of my favorite artists, but only owned the "essential" Dylan albums and a couple Young records, but now I'm going through their back catalogue, and it's truly a treat...

Funny you should mention that. I've always been a Dylan fan but I didn't start to get into him in a big way until the first three volumes in the Bootleg Series. Those and Time Out of Mind really helped kick start my re-interest in all things Bob. I haven't missed an installment in the Bootleg Series since. I do hope to catch up on his back catalog at some point by investing in the Dylan box of remasters. It's not all of his records but it should make for a pretty nice start.

Dylan_box.jpg

You can read more about it here:

http://www.bobdylan.com/remasters

Dylan_box.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a pretty good starter set for sure. It's pretty well-rounded era-wise. It would seem a little too heavy for me, as I like to buy an album or two of an artist at a time and let it soak in, and I'd be afraid I'd burn out too quickly with so many albums at my immediate disposal (as I know I'd listen to them all at once). But like I said, that's a nice boxset. If you don't have those albums yet, then you should get them pronto, despite the fact that I'm sure it's pricey.

I already own about half of those albums. I own all of his '60s output and around 3 70's albums. The Bootleg Series album mentioned above is my first of the series, despite the fact a friend of mine burned a disc off Volume 1-3 and I loved it. The mere fact that the first disc are mainly tracks that didn't make it to the albums goes to show how truly amazing Mr. Dylan is.

And he's still going strong with his songwriting, in my opinion. Modern Times is a solid record.

I'm not made of cashola but I'd like to buy them all at once (despite already owning at least a couple of them) since it would be less expensive then buying them one at a time. Same thing with the box of Stones remasters. I've been a Dead fan forever but in order to catch up on their back catalog I purchased both of their boxes (and the Jerry box All Good Things) a few summers ago. Believe it or not, I'm still making my way through all of them. I can go purchase a brand new disc by whoever but if my mood dictates it I may just as well reach for some vintage record from my collection instead. In fact, I have a bunch of stuff I've recently ordered sitting in a stack right now that remains unlistened to. Fucking criminal I know but I also know I'll eventually get around to listening to them all at some point.

96308-large.jpg

Happy now? Jeez.

Cool, I saw this concert on VH1 a few weeks back and Christina Aguilera is just awesome! I need to buy it soon.

The latest things I have purchased are:

CD- A Hundred Miles or More: A Collection- Alison Krauss

DVD- Respect Yourself: The Story of Stax Records

My grandma bought me Led Zeppelin 1 on vinyl. It's 200 gram pressing, except I decided not to open it so I'll have to listen to my other copy.

I got a vinyl cleaning set and Iron Butterfly In A gadda Di Vidda. Is that spelled even close to right?