What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Yeah, it is a rather early variant and I got introduced to it when I was around 11! And man, was it addictive!! :shifty: Speaking of NES, I practically grew up playing the classics like 'Duck Hunt', 'Wild Gunman' and 'Bomberman' and so, I totally understand your nostalgia! :D Oh, to be a kid in the 90's! *sigh! 

I remember you mentioning those Light Gun games a while ago, made me go out and grab a copy of this:

I still need to try Wild Gunman! 

I remember you mentioning those Light Gun games a while ago, made me go out and grab a copy of this:

I still need to try Wild Gunman! 

Ooh, you lucky duck!! B) Ha! I forgot to mention that 'Hogan's Alley' was one of the games that I loved to play with as a kid, apart from 'Duck Hunt', 'Wild Gunman' and 'Bomberman'! But yeah, I do remember mentioning it, awhile back on the .info site. Congrats on managing to get a copy, Morgan! :gimmefive:

Ooh, you lucky duck!! B) Ha! I forgot to mention that 'Hogan's Alley' was one of the games that I loved to play with as a kid, apart from 'Duck Hunt', 'Wild Gunman' and 'Bomberman'! But yeah, I do remember mentioning it, awhile back on the .info site. Congrats on managing to get a copy, Morgan! :gimmefive:

Was it here where we had the conversation about why that one gangster on the right's nipples are showing? :lol: One of retro gaming's great mysteries... :Thinking:

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

Was it here where we had the conversation about why that one gangster on the right's nipples are showing? :lol: One of retro gaming's great mysteries... :Thinking:

Oh, hell yes!! :hysterical: Damn that guy for wearing a skin-coloured trench coat!! With that outfit, our eyes played this mean trick on us, making us believe that this guy was actually a gangster cum male stripper in disguise!  :lol: :shifty: 

hogansalley.jpg

Not a recent purchase, but a fairly recent one. Was really happy to finally get my hands on this pretty obscure compilation, called 'Cry of Atlantis : Volume 2'. It is packed with some of the most obscure 60's Garage Rock, 60's Garage Punk, 50's Rockabilly and Surf Music! B) Highly recommended for fans of Rockabilly, Surf and Garage Rock! :) 

001_zpsvh7vcfia.jpg

002_zpsx5c7h2ye.jpg

That's really cool, those sort of classic hits singles packages are so much fun

Anekdoten : Until All The Ghosts Are Gone (on lp)

Great prog rock from Sweden with lots of mellotron..............love the retro-vibe, perfect album.

^^^^^^^^ With a guest appearance from the highly underrated Marty Willson Piper, who also joined them on teir recent Japanese gigs.

02471077.JPG

Edited by JTM
Post error

^^ Sounds great , geekfreak! I've bought a couple more Anne Rice books which I've been meaning to read.

That Witching Hour trilogy was a romp! I saw her at a library interview / Q&A in Toronto. She's tiny, but fierce. Lovely lady with a fiery moral compass and creativity; dangerous combination, that. She also has that rare ability to be unflappably polite but uncompromisingly honest. Huge respect.

51h6rJO496L.jpg

I've had this for a long time and love it but revisit it only now and again. It's a bit... spooky or something, I can't put my finger on it (and I don't mean the whole crossroads legend thing). When I do listen, I'm always in awe about how he does it; just sounds like two guitars sometimes. Maybe for pro guitarists this is an easy answer, but it's a mystery to me, and I like that there's something to discover. Look at those hands, though. Tree branch fingers make for fret coverage mere mortals only dream of. 

There is another compilation that has been released, an apparently cleaner remaster with a new bio and photos to commemorate Robert Johnson's 100th birthday:

The Complete Recordings (The Centennial Collection)

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Recordings-Centennial-Collection/dp/B004OFWLO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447723546&sr=8-1&keywords=Robert+Johnson%3A+The+Centennial+Collection

There's also a limited vinyl edition which if you can find it now will cost you something that starts in the low four digits. I'd love to get my hands on this and would be tempted to steal it if I saw it on someone's shelf but would ultimately not do it because, well, it's just not the way. But then I'd think about having seen it and what it would be like to have it :D. Check out the comments in the review section, some good insights.

The Complete Original Masters - Centennial Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Original-Masters-Centennial/dp/B00512ZFRU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447723546&sr=8-2&keywords=Robert+Johnson%3A+The+Centennial+Collection

Edited by Patrycja

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This arrived via Fedex, today!!! :hurrah:I was really on the fence about this particular album (what with people warning me about the 80's synth + guitar sound, blah blah blah), but after listening to songs like Distant Early WarningRed Sector A, Afterimage, The Enemy Within and Between The Wheels, I knew that I just had to have this album in my collection! Oh and as a Rush fan, I would gladly recommend this album to even the most casual fan! B) 

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2016 at 8:16 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

This arrived via Fedex, today!!! :hurrah:I was really on the fence about this particular album (what with people warning me about the 80's synth + guitar sound, blah blah blah), but after listening to songs like Distant Early WarningRed Sector A, Afterimage, The Enemy Within and Between The Wheels, I knew that I just had to have this album in my collection! Oh and as a Rush fan, I would gladly recommend this album to even the most casual fan! B) 

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

Edited by Houses of the Holy
One of my favorite Rush albums, after Moving Pictures.

1 hour ago, Houses of the Holy said:

T4E is a good choice.

Indeed it is! :) I'm also purchasing Vapor Trails. That album (surprisingly) had been marked down by as much as 60% of its original price, for a limited time, with one of my regular online retailers and I've placed an order for it and man, am I stoked!! :D