What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

A classic! I love this album, the Beasties at their finest. Have you got any Public Enemy #1 albums? If not, I highly recomend their four first albums. Just as awsome as this one.

Yeah, I like it so far. Haven't finished it yet, but the first half seems pretty good.

Thanks for the recommendations. I got this album because I figured I needed to get some actually good hip-hop into my collection.

Yeah, I like it so far. Haven't finished it yet, but the first half seems pretty good.

Thanks for the recommendations. I got this album because I figured I needed to get some actually good hip-hop into my collection.

Yeah, I'm not the greatest hip-hop fan myself, but there sure are a couple of albums that's worth checking out.

Tell me what you think of this when you can.

I really like it so far. I have only listened to it twice. I really like his backing band, The Cardinals. Great songs, the melodies are ace so is the performances which is kinda stripped down. Not one bad song, high quality straight through the album.

Two vinyl LP's:

Merle Haggard - Someday We'll Look Back

P8090014.JPG

Beatles - Rubber Soul (If there's a 60's band that's really missing in my vinyl collection, I gotta say it's The Beatles. Never been the biggest fan, but there sure is a couple of albums I still have to get).

c529430cq18.jpg

Edited by Swede

I really like it so far. I have only listened to it twice. I really like his backing band, The Cardinals. Great songs, the melodies are ace so is the performances which is kinda stripped down. Not one bad song, high quality straight through the album.

I like it too but the hardcore Ryan fans raked it over the coals, preferring the live versions of the songs to the studio versions. In fact, they assembled a live album of Easy Tiger songs that got circulated in trading circles and on the Ryan Adams Archive site. I must say I prefer the original version of These Girls which went by the title of Hey There, Mrs. Lovely that dates back to the Heartbreaker tour.

I like it too but the hardcore Ryan fans raked it over the coals, preferring the live versions of the songs to the studio versions. In fact, they assembled a live album of Easy Tiger songs that got circulated in trading circles and on the Ryan Adams Archive site. I must say I prefer the original version of These Girls which went by the title of Hey There, Mrs. Lovely that dates back to the Heartbreaker tour.

That may end up being the case. Because I, for one, am part of the camp you mention. I find it pretty disappointing. It's funny how just about every review I've read says it's "his most consistent record", yet I feel the opposite. When I played the album at first, and the several following times, I kept thinking "Oh, this is a good song", and it would be followed by "Meh" for the next track. I think the EP he released is even worse. The consistency for me reminded me a lot of Demolition.

Tracks like "The Sun Also Sets", "Pearls On A String" and "I Taught Myself How To Grow Old" are great though. Here's to hoping the boxset is great though.

Edited by The Hammer of the Gods

Though I don't count it among his best I do like Easy Tiger for many of the same reasons the critics did. It proved he is capable of making a consistent, though at times, overly polished, record. I knew immediately upon hearing it that it would be one the critics would love and the hardcore fanbase would loathe. It just doesn't have the peaks and valleys of a Ryan Adams and Cardinals show. Ryan is one of those artists, like the Dead, who's albums are merely a blueprint of what the songs will become in concert. As I mentioned in another thread, he has an album in the can that he recorded last year but Lost Highway preferred he release Easy Tiger instead. Ryan himself has said it will be included in the box set, when and if it's ever released. Perhaps it will be a better representation of the Ryan we all know and love.

I only have his other records to relate to, since I still haven't seen him live (or heard any live recordings). Maybe that is in favor for the album, I don't know..

Another thing that I liked with Easy Tiger is that his vocals are really good. I wouldn't say it's his greatest album, but I do think it's one of his top five albums.

It seem to me that the hardcore fans are a bit harsh on him. Don't know how to express myself, but I think he has a "high bottom level", or, he's never really bad but people have high expectations on him. If you know what I mean..

Two vinyl LP's:

Merle Haggard - Someday We'll Look Back

P8090014.JPG

Beatles - Rubber Soul (If there's a 60's band that's really missing in my vinyl collection, I gotta say it's The Beatles. Never been the biggest fan, but there sure is a couple of albums I still have to get).

c529430cq18.jpg

FUNtastic records!! :)

I only have his other records to relate to, since I still haven't seen him live (or heard any live recordings). Maybe that is in favor for the album, I don't know..

Another thing that I liked with Easy Tiger is that his vocals are really good. I wouldn't say it's his greatest album, but I do think it's one of his top five albums.

It seem to me that the hardcore fans are a bit harsh on him. Don't know how to express myself, but I think he has a "high bottom level", or, he's never really bad but people have high expectations on him. If you know what I mean..

I think that's true of fans of most any artist, the hardcore fanbase is especially tough on their favorite performer.