What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Jerry Douglas is a magnificent player. I had the pleasure of seeing him perform with a variety of artists at MerleFest several years back. They guy definitely gets around and is in great demand as a session player (for obvious reasons). Hell, it would probably be easier to name the artists he hasn't worked with.

My most recent purchase:

51JeeaZTtkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, Black Ice arrived at my local record store. I phoned them about 3 times this week cuz they said on their website (about 5 days ago) that they finally got the album , but they actually didn't, until today.

I'm enjoying it much more now, having it on CD, than listening it on YouTube.

black-ice1.jpg

Gogol Bordello

Tarantar

NY imigrant, 9 piece Gypsy Punk dance & mayhem noise merchants.

Fronted by a Ukrainian bloke who sounds like the bastard son of Borat and Mucus the singing mongrel.

Gogol_Bordello_Super_Taranta__Side_One_Dummy.jpg

Haha Cool, they have played in Stockholm several times and my intention has been to see them all though I've missed every opportunity. I've heard that they are a great live band. Hopefully I get to see them next time.

Been hunting records today and found the following vinyls, which all is pretty rare:

Johnny Thunders & Patti Paladin - Copy Cats (1988)

i80632kj5v9.jpg

Danzig - Danzig (1988)

c47908pk017.jpg

The Soundtrack of Our Lives - Welcome To The Infant Freebase (1996)

e88956e0dvk.jpg

Trooper - Rock 'n' Roll Pozitiv. It'a Romanian heavy metal band, which I saw last night and I loved it! The night started bad though, because of the opening band (some black metal sh*t or smth) which really, really sucked.

0-108673-copertarnr.jpg

That name is taken by a Canadian band from the 70's and 80's and yes they still tour .

The Hippie Dictionary.

And I got a great deal on a Jeff Beck album. It looks unplayed, and it was $2. I'm not a big Beck fan, but for pristine vinyl at $2 I'd buy just about anything.

Which Jeff Beck album? His early stuff in particular is fantastic though I also really loved his last album.

• 2 weeks later...