Bruce Springsteen - The River

Journey - Evolution

Jackson Browne - Running On Empty

James Taylor - One Man Dog

Bob Seger - The Distance

Genesis - Wind & Wuthering

The Scorpions - World Wide Live

Cheap Trick - At Budokan

I also got a Robert Plant Now and Zen button.

Vinyl: (All for a buck each) :D

Bruce Springsteen - The River

Journey - Evolution

Jackson Browne - Running On Empty

James Taylor - One Man Dog

Bob Seger - The Distance

Genesis - Wind & Wuthering

The Scorpions - World Wide Live

Cheap Trick - At Budokan

I also got a Robert Plant Now and Zen button.

I remember buying alot of those albums

Nice to see people have passion for vinyl,seems especially prevalent among the younger music fans. I have slowly benn giving away my albums to those worthy(i.e those who show an ethusiam for the music and vinyl),although many look at me incredulously as if i have committed an act of sacrililege by giving away the vinyl

Edited by euro

I remember buying alot of those albums

.Nice to see people have passion for vinyl,seems espeicially prevalent among the younger music fans. I have slowly benn giving away my albums to those worthy(i.e those who show an ethusiam for the music and vinyl),although many look at me aincredulously as if i have committed an act of sacrililege by giving away the vinyl

I may only be 18 but I've been buying vinyl for the past five years. Nothing sounds as good as vinyl does. People can keep their downloads. You can't roll a joint on an Ipod. :D:D:DB)

The first two CDs in my list below are by Samantha Crain and the Midnight Shivers. A couple of friends had recently recommended their Songs of the Night CD to me so I picked it up just on the strength of those recommendations without hearing a note of it. I saw where they were scheduled to perform at the Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival Thursday and Friday but I wasn't able to make it on those days (I did go Saturday and Sunday though). Imagine my surprise when I saw they'ed be doing an in store at Schoolkids in Raleigh for Record Store Day.

Record Store Day finds:

517A54I6tkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

61LUKP5oIGL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

whiskeytown_product.jpg

dylan_bob~~_dreaminof_101b.jpg

417uLBHQGTL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

...and a few freebies:

[No image available]

Various Artists Choice Cuts 2009 Record Store Day Sampler (vinyl)

[No image available]

Various Artists Record Store Day 2009 Edition (vinyl)

[No image available]

Various Artists Merge Records 2009 Promotional Sampler (CD)

Well, lately I've been ravin' about this single so I decided I had to get a copy of the original 45. I've already got the song on the Nuggets album, but, heck, I only DJ-ing with 45's so it's a must have!

eBay rules.

The Amboy Dukes - Baby Please Don't Go / Psalms Of Aftermath (1967)

1947.jpg

I also found this excellent soul 45:

Joe Simon - No Sad Songs / Come And Get It (1968)

sss2602.jpg

Check out No Sad Songs

Edited by Swede

Some good finds Jahfin. How are the Samantha Crain cds? I've not heard of her.

I haven't actually had a chance to listen to either of them yet but I did enjoy her in-store performance at Schoolkids in Raleigh on Saturday as part of their Record Store Day celebration. After receiving those recommendations from friends I was looking at my issue of No Depression's first bookazine and noticed there was an article in there on her on the very first page. Funny how that sort of stuff happens.

If you're interested, you can find her website here and sample some of her tunes via her MySpace site here. There's also some clips of her performing up on YouTube.

I haven't actually had a chance to listen to either of them yet but I did enjoy her in-store performance at Schoolkids in Raleigh on Saturday as part of their Record Store Day celebration. After receiving those recommendations from friends I was looking at my issue of No Depression's first bookazine and noticed there was an article in there on her on the very first page. Funny how that sort of stuff happens.

If you're interested, you can find her website here and sample some of her tunes via her MySpace site here. There's also some clips of her performing up on YouTube.

Cool - thanks for the links. Her voice reminds me a bit of someone, but I can't put my finger on it. I liked what I heard though. It is funny when you discover someone and suddenly there are all these links to them. I've had that happen.

Cool - thanks for the links. Her voice reminds me a bit of someone, but I can't put my finger on it.

I feel the same way, it still hasn't quite dawned on me.

It is funny when you discover someone and suddenly there are all these links to them. I've had that happen.

Yeah, it's though her music was right there under my nose the entire time but I just hadn't picked up on it yet. A friend that recommended her also suggesting catching her shows at Shakori Hills on either Thursday or Friday but that was out of the question. It wasn't after I purchased her CD on Record Store Day that I even noticed she would be doing an in-store there later that afternoon so I did get to see her and the Midnight Shivers live after all.

Hey, hello, again, Ninelives! Yeah, the music's pretty esoteric--weird, haunting progressions--magnificent!, really.

BTW, are the thumbs-up specifically for my purchase? Or for my recent mastery of the various fonts? lol!

Again, thank you to you and MsZeppelin94 for helping me. :)

The thumbs up was for your purchase :D I'm a big Incredible String Band fan so I was excited to see you bought a classic by them. A couple of others you might also like by them are "First Girl I Loved", their self titled and "Wee Tam and the Big Huge"

The thumbs up was for your purchase :D I'm a big Incredible String Band fan so I was excited to see you bought a classic by them. A couple of others you might also like by them are "First Girl I Loved", their self titled and "Wee Tam and the Big Huge"

*Hello, again, Ninelives! Ah ha! Yes, a friend of mine lent me the Wee Tam one...loved it! She also lent me another with the word "horse" in the title. Would you know the one to which I am referring? :rolleyes:

*Also, first heard the First Girl I Loved album as a teenager, way back when. Loved the title track, especially.

*Hello, again, Ninelives! Ah ha! Yes, a friend of mine lent me the Wee Tam one...loved it! She also lent me another with the word "horse" in the title. Would you know the one to which I am referring? :rolleyes:

*Also, first heard the First Girl I Loved album as a teenager, way back when. Loved the title track, especially.

It's called Changing Horses :)

Oh yes! Thank you! Hey, have you ever heard Judy Collins' cover of First Girl I Loved? It's on her album, Who Knows Where the Time Goes. She uses the same strange but beautiful melodic lines as Robin Williamson (quavers, etc.) in the word "I".

I haven't but I will look into it. I don't think I own any of her albums - I've got songs on compilations.

I haven't but I will look into it. I don't think I own any of her albums - I've got songs on compilations.

Oh, okay. She's a great artist. Up there with Joni and Joan.

If you like somber, haunting songs accompanied only by an acoustic guitar, then I highly recommend her albums Bread and Roses and Judy Collins, Live at Town Hall. The latter work came out back in 1964. Fantastic! Has Billy Edd Wheeler compositions to get lost in! Billy was featured in this month's cover of the folk magazine Sing Out!.

In the first album mentioned, Bread and Roses, there's a moving song by Victor Jara called "Plegaria de un Labrador" very nice.

All of the above gently and deeply reflect the human condition.

Oh, okay. She's a great artist. Up there with Joni and Joan.

If you like somber, haunting songs accompanied only by an acoustic guitar, then I highly recommend her albums Bread and Roses and Judy Collins, Live at Town Hall. The latter work came out back in 1964. Fantastic! Has Billy Edd Wheeler compositions to get lost in! Billy was featured in this month's cover of the folk magazine Sing Out!.

In the first album mentioned, Bread and Roses, there's a moving song by Victor Jara called "Plegaria de un Labrador" very nice.

All of the above gently and deeply reflect the human condition.

Oh I like Judy very much - I was raised on a lot of folk music. Her song "Who Knows Where the Time Goes" is fantastic - I loved it in the movie "Walk on the Moon" too. Thanks for the album recommendation! I like the description :D