What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Bob Dylan's latest - only listened through once. Some tracks I instantly liked, some I'm not sure about. I think it's an album you have to spend some time with but I admire the fact he's gone in a different direction musically with this one.

Just come back from my local once-a-month record and CD fair and got these :)

ve6kc5.jpg

10dikhf.jpg

The guy who sold me this got it for me especially (I deal with him everytime, he is the only one who gives a fair price)

2wec4zd.jpg

YES!!! :yay: :yay:

21obr03.jpg

dbts9u.jpg

spending money on those has not left me with £3.75 to play with until the end of the month.

I will! I couldn't decide between that one and Dirty South, but I couldn't turn down a racing song (haha), so I went with DS, which I really like. This definitely won't be the last Truckers album I buy.

I'm really looking forward to Patterson Hood's second solo album that's out later this month, the Austin City Limits CD/DVD in July and The Fine Print collection that's due this fall. The best thing though is a live Truckers show. Hopefully you'll get to one of those before too very long as well.

Bob Dylan's latest - only listened through once. Some tracks I instantly liked, some I'm not sure about. I think it's an album you have to spend some time with but I admire the fact he's gone in a different direction musically with this one.

I've only listened to it a couple of times through so far and haven't exactly been taken with it myself. I'm not so sure I'd put in the "grower" category but the Tex-Mex style is a bit of a different feel for him. One thing I was really looking forward to was the participation of Robert Hunter in the songwriting dept. but so far it's been hard to tell his stamp is on the songs at all.

I'm really looking forward to Patterson Hood's second solo album that's out later this month, the Austin City Limits CD/DVD in July and The Fine Print collection that's due this fall. The best thing though is a live Truckers show. Hopefully you'll get to one of those before too very long as well.

I've only listened to it a couple of times through so far and haven't exactly been taken with it myself. I'm not so sure I'd put in the "grower" category but the Tex-Mex style is a bit of a different feel for him. One thing I was really looking forward to was the participation of Robert Hunter in the songwriting dept. but so far it's been hard to tell his stamp is on the songs at all.

I didn't get any sense of Hunter's involvement in this at all.

I'm so chuffed... :D ...just bought a pair of WHARFDALE XR-4000 speakers for my music room...cranked them up for disc 2 of Mothership today while the Mrs. was out!! They sound fantastic.

Eric Clapton and BB king :Riding with the King.The song Come Rain or Come Shine is the peak of the album.I'm proud of my latest purchase.

Just before I'd bought Oh Mercy by Bob Dylan, it's one of the best albums of my whole collection, I can actually listen to it again and again, it's a real masterpiece.

Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant Through The Mirror - Mike Randolph

A limited edition box set of 1500 containing a 12" X 12" book of unpublished photographs of Robert Plant by Michael Randolph.

Contains a certificate of authenticity personally signed by the author.

:rolleyes:

I would suggest Fleet Foxes' label mates http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imaCBk0Bz4s,
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXU12uCoW3U.

Another band that I really like, which in some ways have that kind of sound is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdyenwmLYo, I especially recommend their latest album "New Seasons". Here's another Sadies tune called

which shows they really rock too!

j06814o0dkv.jpg

Thanks! Good recommendations,The Sadies have a cool sound will have to check them out more. Is "New Seasons" best to start with?

Here's the song I was refering to

Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant Through The Mirror - Mike Randolph

A limited edition box set of 1500 containing a 12" X 12" book of unpublished photographs of Robert Plant by Michael Randolph.

Contains a certificate of authenticity personally signed by the author.

:rolleyes:

Mine had the same certificate :lol: It's a good book but I remember seeing some of them listed on Ebay for really high sums of money.

Thanks! Good recommendations,The Sadies have a cool sound will have to check them out more. Is "New Seasons" best to start with?

Here's the song I was refering to

I think New Seasons is the album to start with, at least if you want the strong folk/country/psych influence. I haven't heard that much of previous albums, but what little I've heard it seems like a stronger rock-a-billy influence in them. I think Jahfin knows more about those albums.

BTW, nice song you linked to!

Cool! If I'm not buying up Truckers albums at that point, I'll definitely have to get his solo album. I'd love to see them live - they've been around here twice this year; once here in San Diego in Jan. or Feb. and once at Coachella, and I couldn't make it to either one. Next time I definitely will, though!

I think New Seasons is the album to start with, at least if you want the strong folk/country/psych influence. I haven't heard that much of previous albums, but what little I've heard it seems like a stronger rock-a-billy influence in them. I think Jahfin knows more about those albums.

BTW, nice song you linked to!

Yeah, that "folk/country/psych" sound was very apparent in The First Inquisition, Pt. IV song that you linked to, both songs caught my attention, I'll see if I find that album next time I'm at a music store.

^^ Good stuff!! :D

Got a couple of 45's:

Lonesome Sundown - I'm A Mojo Man / Lonely Lonely Me (Excello 1958)

GREAT SWAMP BLUES!!! :D

Earl King - Everybody's Carried Away / Weary Silent Night (Ace 1959)

More of that swampy sounds!!

Gary U.S. Bonds - Dear Lady / Havin' So Much Fun (Legrand 1961)

Great r'n'b!

USBondsLady.gif

John Trudell: Madness & The Moremes

I thought it was pronounced like More EMES-like krispy KREMES-but it's More MEs-doh! :slapface:

I haven't listened to it yet, but I LOVE the other ones I have by him (AKA Graffiti Man & Bone Days-both spoken word w/band, and: DNA-Descendant Now Ancestor, which is a lecture/poetry reading). There's a great documentary about him called Trudell, also. He suffered an even more horrible tragedy than Robert Plant: in 1979 his then pregnant wife, 3 children (ages 1, 3 & 5), and mother-in-law died in a fire at their home. At the time Trudell was in Washington DC protesting. The circumstances of the fire were suspicious, but arson was never proven.

Among his friends/fans are Kris Kristofferson, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne & Bob Dylan. The first 3 appear in the documentary, along w/Robert Redford. He's made a few small appearances in movies. He is a (Native American) activist, poet, artist and visionary. I wish more people knew about him-the world would be a better place.

:hippy:

Edited by ZeppyNetters

John Trudell: Madness & The Moremes

I thought it was pronounced like More EMES-like krispy KREMES-but it's More MEs-doh! :slapface:

I haven't listened to it yet, but I LOVE the other ones I have by him (AKA Graffiti Man & Bone Days-both spoken word w/band, and: DNA-Descendant Now Ancestor, which is a lecture/poetry reading). There's a great documentary about him called Trudell, also. He suffered an even more horrible tragedy than Robert Plant: in 1979 his then pregnant wife, 3 children (ages 1, 3 & 5), and mother-in-law died in a fire at their home. At the time Trudell was in Washington DC protesting. The circumstances of the fire were suspicious, but arson was never proven.

Among his friends/fans are Kris Kristofferson, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne & Bob Dylan. The first 3 appear in the documentary, along w/Robert Redford. He's made a few small appearances in movies. He is a (Native American) activist, poet, artist and visionary. I wish more people knew about him-the world would be a better place.

:hippy:

I'm familiar with John Trudell. Years ago, I think Dylan mentioned AKA Graffiti Man in one of those Rolling Stone year-end polls. Trusting Dylan's taste in music I tracked it down. I liked some of it well enough but I was never really able to get into the whole spoken word thing. Even so, when I saw his Johnny Damas and Me record in the cut out bin quite a while back I snatched it up. I don't think I've ever even listened to it though.