What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Been spending a lot of doe this month...

45's:

Terry knight & The Pack - I (Who have nothing) / Numbers (Lucky Seven 1966)

These guys evolved to Grand Funk Railroad. Numbers is a great heavy fuzz rocker!

Joe Hinton - There's no in-between / Better to give than to recieve (Back Beat 1963)

B-side is a great southern r'n'b dancer. My copy has less scuffs and scratches then the on in the youtube-link :D

Joe Hinton - I want a little girl / True love (Back Beat 1965)

B-side is awesome!

The Classics - Till Then / Enie Minie Mo (Musicnote 1963)

Nice garage doo wop.

The Pastel Six - The cinnamon cinder / Bandido (Zen 1962)

Got this because of the B-side (again!), which is a great instrumental. Cool guitars!

Aretha Franklin - I never loved a man (the way I love you) / Do right woman, do right man (Atlantic 1967)

Classic two-sider, a must have! A-side is one of my all-time Aretha favorites!

Arthur Alexander -

/
(Dot 1962)

Awesome and underrated artist!

The Shangri-las - Maybe / Shout (Red Bird 1964)

I love their version of Maybe!

O.V. Wright -

/ Monkey Dog (Back Beat 1965)

Great southern soul. A-side is beautiful, B-side is a great dancer!

Marv Johnson - Ain't gonna be that way /

(United Artists 1960)

Great two-sider, B-side written by Berry Gordy of Motown.

Ray and Bob - Air Travel / Palms of paradise (Ledo 1962)

A-side is an ace mod-dancer!!

Eugene Church - Miami /

(Class 1959)

Swingin' r'n'b from the late 50's!

The Raindrops - That boy John / Hanky Panky (Jubilee 1963)

The original version of Hanky Panky, which Tommy James & The Shondells later recieved a hit with. Ellie Greenwich wrote it together with Jeff Barry.

alexander_web.jpg

All Vinyl:

Neil Young - Journey Through the Past. It's brand new and has never been taken out of the plastic. I couldn't believe it when I found this. I'm still not sure of it's exact value.

Wings - Wild Life. This one is also brand new and has never been taken out of the plastic. Very cool.

Wings - Red Rose Speedway

Wings - London Town

Miles Davis - 'Round About Midnight

Steely Dan - Aja

Warren Zevon - Sentimental Hygiene single

Bob Seger - Shakedown single

ELP - Tarkus

Fleetwood Mac - Sara single

Jethro Tull - Living in the Past

I picked all of these up for only 49 cents each. Unbelievable especially that I got Neil Young's Journey Through the Past that cheap. Thrift stores must not know very much about vinyl. B):P

I do not go out and buy new product very often, so this was big deal for me to get this:

beatles-AbbeyRd-remastered.jpg

After reading your post about Target's $5 gift certificate from buying 2 Beatle remasters, I went out and bought 6 discs.

Please Please Me $11.99

A Hard Day's Night $11.99

Revolver $6.99 (normally $11.99)

Sgt. Pepper $11.99

The White Album $11.99 (normally $16.99)

Abbey Road $11.99

The deal goes on through Oct. 10 so I'll probably get more as well.

Vinyl :

The Eagles - Desperado

Bachman Turner Overdrive - Not Fragile

Seals & Crofts - Diamond Girl

Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

Elton John - Rock of the Westies

Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Works Volume 2

Todd Rundgren's Utopia - Another Live

45s:

Dire Straits - Walk of Life

Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting

Terry Jacks - If You Go Away

England Dan & John Ford Coley - We'll Never Have to Say Goodbye Again

CD :

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking

DVD:

Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys

VHS:

Phish - Bittersweet Motel

I also picked up a cool Bob Marley notebook

Edited by Kashmir330

More 45's:

The Breakers - Don't Send Me No Flowers (I Ain't Dead Yet) / Love of My Life (AMY 1965)

A real classic and very sought after 45 for garage rock collectors. Quite expensive but worth every cent! Nice FUZZ!

The Olivers - I Saw What You Did / Beeker Street (Phalanx 1966)

A two-sided gem! B-side got an outragous FUZZ! Great farfisa organ on A-side! I love it!

Dave Myers & The Surftones -

/ Let The Good Times Roll (Wickwire 1964)

Wicked guitar riff, really cool!

J.B. Lenoir - Oh Baby / Do What I Say (VeeJay 1960)

J.B. is one of my favourite blues artist. Unfortunatly he died way too early.

Elmore James and His Broomdusters -

/
(VeeJay 1957)

Another favourite of mine. Great single!!

Elmore James - Stranger Blues / Anna Lee (Fire 1961)

Awesome single! Anna Lee is an Elmore favourite of mine.

Lightnin' Hopkins - Mojo Hand / Glory Be (Fire 1960)

What a deadly 45! Awesome songs, both of 'em!

12132008110811pm8l_1.jpg

fire1503a4.jpg

vj3524.jpg

vj2694.jpg

Pearl Jam - Backspacer

Phish - Joy

My dad made a negative comment about Phish (whom he's never listened to) to my mom and I thought it was very childish. :angry: I hate Heavy Metal(which is the only thing he listens to) but I don't go around expressing my displeasure for it. :angry: Just thought I'd throw that comment in there. It wouldn't be cool though if everyone listened to the same music but people shouldn't put down what others listen to. ;)

IDontKnow_front.jpg

Minus Five I Don't Know Who I Am (Let the War Against Music Begin Vol. 2)

[No Artwork Available]

Minus Five Butcher Covered

To the best of my knowledge Butcher Covered is only available at shows on the current Steve Wynn IV/The Baseball Project/Minus Five tour.

Edited by Jahfin

51ztYAivfAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Another great offering from Mr. Clark. Highly recommended to anyone that's a fan of the songwriting style of Townes, Steve Earle, John Prine, etc.

Good to know - I've heard of him but not heard his music and I'm a huge Townes and Earle fan. John Prine too though not as familiar with his work as the others.

51ztYAivfAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Another great offering from Mr. Clark. Highly recommended to anyone that's a fan of the songwriting style of Townes, Steve Earle, John Prine, etc.

Heard a bit of this on CMT and liked it a lot

Good to know - I've heard of him but not heard his music and I'm a huge Townes and Earle fan. John Prine too though not as familiar with his work as the others.

If you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend checking out the Townes doc Be Here To Love Me. That and Heartworn Highways (which also features Guy and Steve Earle) are essential viewing for any Townes fan.

Definitely a film on my list to see. I vaguely remember it coming out but I don't think I was into Townes at the time so it didn't resonate as something to see.

I thought it was available to view online for free at some site like Hulu but I was thinking of Before the Music Dies (another great doc). It's certainly worth the rental though. Better yet, you might even be able to find it used somewhere,

Sometimes it's frustrating to jump on an artist bandwagon so late in the game!

Agreed. I don't have a ton of Townes myself but most fans recommend starting with Live At Old Quarter. I do have that one and love it. This is also a good one:

music_phases-12939.jpeg

I thought it was available to view online for free at some site like Hulu but I was thinking of Before the Music Dies (another great doc). It's certainly worth the rental though. Better yet, you might even be able to find it used somewhere,

Agreed. I don't have a ton of Townes myself but most fans recommend starting with Live At Old Quarter. I do have that one and love it. This is also a good one:

music_phases-12939.jpeg

I'll look around to see if I can rent it somewhere or maybe view online. The only Townes I have is Legend which is a 2 cd best of. I thought it was a good place to start but I will check out the two you recommended, especially the live one.

I'll look around to see if I can rent it somewhere or maybe view online. The only Townes I have is Legend which is a 2 cd best of. I thought it was a good place to start but I will check out the two you recommended, especially the live one.

"Live At The Old Quarter" is indeed a great live album. Also his self titled LP "Townes Van Zandt" is a gem.

Cool! Duly noted on the ever growing list of cds to buy :D

I will also recommend Live At The Old Quarter, the music is great. The feel of the album is very warm, and you'll be in treat to some fine jokes by him. I also have Our Mother the Mountain, and would highly recommend getting that one as well.

I will also recommend Live At The Old Quarter, the music is great. The feel of the album is very warm, and you'll be in treat to some fine jokes by him. I also have Our Mother the Mountain, and would highly recommend getting that one as well.

Thanks - I shall look into those as well :D

Waiting for these awesome 45's to drop down in my mail anyday now..

Sonny Boy Williamson - Trust your baby / Too close together (Checker 1960)

Bo Diddley - Mama keep your big mouth shut / Jo-ann (Checker 1964)

Lavern Baker - You'd better find yourself another fool / Go away (Atlantic 1964)

Betty Lavett - My man, he's a lovin' man / Shut your mouth (Atlantic 1962)

Beat Merchants -

/ Messin' with the man (Columbia 1964)

Four + One - Time is on my side / Don't lie to me (Parlophone 1965)