What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Bought all these on cassette today at Goodwill:

Up Your Alley by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts; Bebe Le Strange by Heart; Back in Black by AC/DC; Women and Children First by Van Halen; 20 Good Vibrations-The Greatest Hits, Best of the Beach Boys, Vol. 2, Little Deuce Coup, and Sufin' USA by the Beach Boys!

:D

Sugar Pie Desanto - Use What You Got /

(Checker 1964)

Top notch r'n'b! Soulful Dress is so COOOOL!

Junior Wells -

/ Universal Rock (Cheif 1960)

Pure class!! With Earl Hooker on guitar!

Magic Sam -

/
(Cobra 1958)

Really nice blues 45. The version of Easy Baby is older than the one in the link above.

Little Walter - I Got To Go / Roller Coaster (Checker 1955)

Awesome blues 45 by the harmonica master!!

J.J. Jackson - But It's Alright /

(Calla 1968)

Nice northern soul! Groove!!

Kolettes - Who's That Guy / Just How Much (Can One Heart Take) (Checker 1964)

Great r'n'b dancer, especially the B-side!!

Miss Lavell - Run To You /

(Duke 1964)

Another great r'n'b dancer!!

Wynona Carr - Should I Ever Love Again /

(Specialty 1956)

Cool jumb blues!

Goldie Coates & The Blenders - Love Is A Treasure /

(Cortland 1962)

Great early r'n'b, can't get better than this!!

Huey Smith & His Clowns -

/ Just A Lonely Clown (ACE 1957)

New Orleans r'n'b. Huey played piano with Little Richard back in the 50's! Cool stuff!!

magicsam21days.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got three great blues 45's:

Sonny Boy Williamson - One Way Out / Nine Below Zero (Checker 1962)

Sonny Boy's One Way Out is a reworked version of Elmore James' tune. The Allman Brothers made a cover of Sonny Boy's version in the early 70's.

Otis Blackwell - Daddy Rollin' Stone / You Love Me, Baby (Davis 1957)

Daddy Rollin' Stone was originally released in 1953 on Jay-Dee records, this is a '57 reissue. Daddy Rollin' Stone has been covered by many artists, among them The Who, Johnny Thunders and Jimmy Ricks. Otis was also the writer of All Shook Up, Don't Be Cruel, Fever and Great Balls Of Fire.

Lightnin' Slim - I Just Don't Know / Somebody Knockin' (Excello 1961)

One of several great records by Lightnin' Slim.

Lightnin' Slim

10601547.jpg

Epic win today:

Vinyl albums: Live at Budokan by Cheap Trick; Permanent Waves by Rush; Every Picture Tells a Story by Rod Stewart; Bad Company; and finally, Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd on vinyl! :D

Cassette: High Voltage by AC/DC. :D

45's: "I Can See For Miles" by the Who; "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" by Paul McCartney; "We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad(with yellow vinyl!); "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby(Standing in the Shadows)" by the Rolling Stones; and "Something" by the Beatles! :D

Epic win o'er the weeked...

Vinyl: For Those About to Rock by AC/DC(my 1st AC/DC vinyl! :banana: ); Magazine by Heart; The Cars; Signals by Rush! :D

45's: "Eight Days a Week" and "Act Naturally" by the Beatles; "Crimson & Clover" by Joan Jett; "Dreamboat Annie" and "Little Queen" by Heart!

8-track: Part 1 of 1962-1966 by the Beatles! :D

Also, I bought a couple of Beatles shirts; and AC/DC, Beatles, and Rolling Stones buttons! :D

Nellie McKay (loooove her!) - Normal as Blueberry Pie

The Heavy - House That Dirt Built

Bettye Lavette - Interpretations

Follies in Concert - the one from 1985 with Mandy Patinkin and a bunch of other people :). Have it on cassette, but totally forgot about it until I heard a cut on the Broadway channel on XM. Love this recording!!

A couple of LP's, for a change...

Bobby Whitlock - s/t (1972)

e774436f9ik.jpg

From allmusic.com:

A former member of Delaney & Bonnie's backup band, as well as a member of Derek & the Dominoes, Bobby Whitlock's first solo record treads much of the same ground. With contributions from Delaney Bramlett, Whitlock turns in a solid effort filled with southern gospel influences ("A Day Without Jesus") and rootsy rockers. On the mournful ballad "Dreams of a Hobo" Whitlock shows that all his good material was not spent on the Derek & the Dominoes project. Though long out of print, this record is worth searching out for its encapsulation of early-'70s southern roots rock.

Elvin Bishop - Live, Raisin' Hell (1977)

d290340ia89.jpg

From allmusic.com:

Headliner Elvin Bishop's folksy, good-old-boy charm is as much a part of this upbeat live set as the music, thanks to generous doses of good-natured banter with fans. This live best-of collection, culled from five performances over almost a year, is highly entertaining. Mickey Thomas takes the singing pressure off the boss, but the thin sound undercuts the swagger of the horn section.

Françoise Hardy - Françoise (Maison Ou J'ai Grandi) (1966)

c99529stl1q.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eXkowmXiUM

• 2 weeks later...