What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Was lucky enough to find Graveyard's debut album on vinyl while I was checking some records stores this weekend. I was afraid the vinyl edition would be out of stock at this time..

Graveyard - s/t (2008)

Graveyard_debut_album.jpg

Was lucky enough to find Graveyard's debut album on vinyl while I was checking some records stores this weekend. I was afraid the vinyl edition would be out of stock at this time..

Graveyard - s/t (2008)

Graveyard_debut_album.jpg

Fine purchase if may say so myself. I also have it on vinyl. Kind of a shame Truls didn't stay with the band as in the two songs he sings in they are my favorites from the album but Joakim does a great job singing them live.

1266516036-1.jpg

These guys will be opening for the Indigo Girls/Amy Ray on their upcoming tours in October & November, by all means check them out if they're playing in your area.

Mount Moriah

1596_black_crowes.jpg

Willin' b/w Boomer's Story

The vinyl release of Croweology has been delayed until August 31st but this treat is available now. Got a free copy at my local record store today.

Edited by Jahfin

Fine purchase if may say so myself. I also have it on vinyl. Kind of a shame Truls didn't stay with the band as in the two songs he sings in they are my favorites from the album but Joakim does a great job singing them live.

It's indeed a fine album. I really like it. You have made a fine purchase yourself too, Heartworn Highway is a real gem! :)

New purchases, a couple of rare 45's:

Carol Fran -

/ Crying in the chapel (Port 1964)

Just amazing. I love the beat and that dark moody brass. And let's not forget about the piano!! Top 45!

The "5" Royales - Dedicated to the one I love / Don't be ashamed (King 1958)

While I love the A-side, it was really the B-side that made me want to purchase this 45. This is a blend of raw blues, r'n'b and doowop!! I love it!

Too bad I couldn't find the B-side on youtube.

Bill Parker and Band/Blues Boy Palmer - Sweet potato cha cha (Bill Parker) / My life for your love (Blues Boy Palmer) (Hollywood 1959)

Rare blues 45.

Big Jack Reynolds and His Blues Men - You won't treat me right /

(Hi-Q 1963)

Awesome r'n'b blues mover!!

The Dawnbreakers - Alligator / The Bounce (Trophy International 1967)

Super cool garage rocker 45 from a Louisville/Lexington, Kentucky band!! Alligator can be found on the Sixties Rebellion #14 compilation.

port.jpg

Went to my favourite second hand vinyl store in Stockholm today, picked these excellent albums up:

Gene Parsons - Kindling (1973)

Guest musicians like Clarence White, Ralph Stanley, Vassar Clements, Bill Payne & Andy Newmark. How cool is that?!

m33167b4cv8.jpg

Jimmy Buffett - A1A (1974)

Nice album and a great addition to my next to none existing collection of Jimmy Buffett.

f30455l8c7u.jpg

New Riders Of The Purple Sage - Brujo (1974)

Skip Battin and Co's fifth album. Good stuff!

nrps-brujo-lp.JPG

Delaney & Bonnie - Home (1969)

Great set of blue-eyed soul songs with Leon Russell and Carl Radle among others.

n62414vfutq.jpg

The Dillards - Tribute To The American Duck (1973)

Great bluegrass and rock fusion. With John Hartford among others.

duck.jpg

Edited by Swede

I figured if you like them, they're worth a listen. So I checked out their website, listened to some songs -- not bad! I see they're a local (NC) band.

I've been aware of The Love Language for quite some time now so when an opportunity to see them finally arose over the weekend I took it. Actually, I ended up seeing them twice, once at an in-store appearance in the afternoon and a show later on that evening. The in-store was particularly unique because they learned a song by one of their opening bands (Gross Ghost) which they did in their set. You just don't see that sort of thing. It spoke heavily of The Love Language and it made me arrive at the show in plenty of time to catch Gross Ghost (who were also great, btw).

I've been aware of The Love Language for quite some time now so when an opportunity to see them finally arose over the weekend I took it. Actually, I ended up seeing them twice, once at an in-store appearance in the afternoon and a show later on that evening. The in-store was particularly unique because they learned a song by one of their opening bands (Gross Ghost) which they did in their set. You just don't see that sort of thing. It spoke heavily of The Love Language and it made me arrive at the show in plenty of time to catch Gross Ghost (who were also great, btw).

They kind of reminds me a little of Glasvegas.. Don't know if you've heard them.. Although Glasvegas songs are more simple in their construction.

They kind of reminds me a little of Glasvegas.. Don't know if you've heard them.. Although Glasvegas songs are more simple in their construction.

Thanks, I'll have to check them out. My impression of the Love Language is one of a band who puts out a very positive vibe. To witness them live as the crowd gets all caught up in it is quite the experience.

Six ass kickin' 50's and 60's 45's! Money well spent:

Little Walter - Last Night / Mellow Down Easy (Checker 1954)

I've got this fab 45 but I just had to upgrade it to a better copy. Mellow Down Easy ROCKS!!!

Black Crowes and Jimmy Page did a nice cover of it on their live collaboration.

Lee Rogers - You're The Cream of The Crop / Somebody Else Will (D-Town 1965)

Great bluesy r'n'b, will do magic on the dancefloor!!

The Shoelaces - Ball And Chain / Work Song (Brite Leaf 1963)

I don't know shit about this group and release, but it's frickin' great! Both sides!!

Lonnie Russ - Tell Me How / Flip Flop (4J 1963)

Lonnie released another 45 called My Wife Can't Cook which is quite popular among collectors. This one is a great dancer too!

The Volumes - Monkey Hop / Why (Old Town 1964)

I've seen this single go for $150 but I got it for nothing in compare to that. Monkey Hop is great early r'n'b which is top notch for the dancefloor. Why is classic doo wop.

Johnny Talbot - Never Make Your Baby Cry Pt 1 / Never Make Your Baby Cry Pt 2 (Modern 1965)

Great swingin' r'n'b from Oakland!!

I've been buying quite a lot of albums lately.

In addition to those mentioned on page 71 , I also recently bought:

Arcade Fire: Funeral and Neon Bible

The National: Alligator, Boxer and High Violet

Midlake: Bamnan and Slivercork

Arcade Fire: Funeral and Neon Bible

Have you seen this video from their newest record? If not, you owe it to yourself to check it out. In fact, I recommend it to folks that aren't even familiar with Arcade Fire. It's really quite unique in that it's an interactive video. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this.

Have you seen this video from their newest record? If not, you owe it to yourself to check it out. In fact, I recommend it to folks that aren't even familiar with Arcade Fire. It's really quite unique in that it's an interactive video. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this.

That was impressive. Thanks for sharing :)

• 2 weeks later...