Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jahfin

What's Your Latest Purchase?

Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen - Country Casanova (1973)

l43297.jpg

I feel very fortunate to own this on vinyl but do wish it would be reissued on CD along with Tales From the Ozone and Hot Licks, Cold Steel and Trucker's Favorites. I was glad to see Wounded Bird finally released the Earl Scruggs Revue Live! From Austin City Limits on CD (along with several other Earl Scruggs Revue records from their tenure on Columbia Records). Another one that is long overdue for release on CD is Pure Prairie League's Live! Takin' the Stage.

On vinyl:

Duane Allman - An Anthology

Richard "Dickey" Betts - Highway Call

The Allman Brothers Band - Brothers and Sisters

Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare

AC/DC - "74 Jailbreak" - CD

AC/DC - "Plug Me In" - DVD

Jimi Hendrix - "A Film About Jimi Hendrix" - DVD

Jimi Hendrix - "Wild Blue Angel: Live At The Isle Of Wight" - DVD

The Zombies - "Odessey & Oracle"

The Clash - "The Clash" by Strummer-Jones-Simonon-Headon - Book

I feel very fortunate to own this on vinyl but do wish it would be reissued on CD along with Tales From the Ozone and Hot Licks, Cold Steel and Trucker's Favorites. I was glad to see Wounded Bird finally released the Earl Scruggs Revue Live! From Austin City Limits on CD (along with several other Earl Scruggs Revue records from their tenure on Columbia Records). Another one that is long overdue for release on CD is Pure Prairie League's Live! Takin' the Stage.

Making music available is always great, especially now-a-days when most people doesn't even have a turntable, but on the other hand I kind of like the hunt for rare original vinyl records.. B)

They had a vinyl copy of Earl Scruggs Revue Live! From Austin City Limits too (where I got Country Casanova), I may have to reconsider buying that one too.. At the time I had to prioritise what I could afford. LOL

On cassette: Unplugged by Eric Clapton; Best of the Moody Blues; and a Chuck Berry compilation. :D

Edited by pagemccartney95

Gov't Mule: "Mullenium" I've always heard about the band but really never took the time to listen to them. Tremendous, really. Triple CD from their New Years Eve show back in 1999.

On vinyl:

The Black Keys - Brothers

On CD:

The Black Keys - Attack & Release

The Coral - Butterfly House

I have finally got Tift Merritt's new album See You On The Moon on vinyl.

On cassette: Who's Better, Who's Best and Live at Leeds by the Who; and Full Moon Fever by Tom Petty; on CD, Brigade by Heart. :D

These LP's have been on my want list for a long time, I finally got 'em from eBay, pretty cheap too... :)

Allen Collins Band - Here, There & Back (1983)

ALLENCOLLINSBAND_HTAB.JPG

John Hartford - Morning Bugle (1972)

d85219v9445.jpg

Was lucky enough to find Graveyard's debut album on vinyl while I was checking some records stores this weekend. I was afraid the vinyl edition would be out of stock at this time..

Graveyard - s/t (2008)

Graveyard_debut_album.jpg

Was lucky enough to find Graveyard's debut album on vinyl while I was checking some records stores this weekend. I was afraid the vinyl edition would be out of stock at this time..

Graveyard - s/t (2008)

Graveyard_debut_album.jpg

Fine purchase if may say so myself. I also have it on vinyl. Kind of a shame Truls didn't stay with the band as in the two songs he sings in they are my favorites from the album but Joakim does a great job singing them live.

Random169.jpg

I paid $15 for this puppy. Don't know squat about collecting....whaddya think?

1266516036-1.jpg

These guys will be opening for the Indigo Girls/Amy Ray on their upcoming tours in October & November, by all means check them out if they're playing in your area.

Mount Moriah

1596_black_crowes.jpg

Willin' b/w Boomer's Story

The vinyl release of Croweology has been delayed until August 31st but this treat is available now. Got a free copy at my local record store today.

Edited by Jahfin

Fine purchase if may say so myself. I also have it on vinyl. Kind of a shame Truls didn't stay with the band as in the two songs he sings in they are my favorites from the album but Joakim does a great job singing them live.

It's indeed a fine album. I really like it. You have made a fine purchase yourself too, Heartworn Highway is a real gem! :)

New purchases, a couple of rare 45's:

Carol Fran -

/ Crying in the chapel (Port 1964)

Just amazing. I love the beat and that dark moody brass. And let's not forget about the piano!! Top 45!

The "5" Royales - Dedicated to the one I love / Don't be ashamed (King 1958)

While I love the A-side, it was really the B-side that made me want to purchase this 45. This is a blend of raw blues, r'n'b and doowop!! I love it!

Too bad I couldn't find the B-side on youtube.

Bill Parker and Band/Blues Boy Palmer - Sweet potato cha cha (Bill Parker) / My life for your love (Blues Boy Palmer) (Hollywood 1959)

Rare blues 45.

Big Jack Reynolds and His Blues Men - You won't treat me right /

(Hi-Q 1963)

Awesome r'n'b blues mover!!

The Dawnbreakers - Alligator / The Bounce (Trophy International 1967)

Super cool garage rocker 45 from a Louisville/Lexington, Kentucky band!! Alligator can be found on the Sixties Rebellion #14 compilation.

port.jpg

Went to my favourite second hand vinyl store in Stockholm today, picked these excellent albums up:

Gene Parsons - Kindling (1973)

Guest musicians like Clarence White, Ralph Stanley, Vassar Clements, Bill Payne & Andy Newmark. How cool is that?!

m33167b4cv8.jpg

Jimmy Buffett - A1A (1974)

Nice album and a great addition to my next to none existing collection of Jimmy Buffett.

f30455l8c7u.jpg

New Riders Of The Purple Sage - Brujo (1974)

Skip Battin and Co's fifth album. Good stuff!

nrps-brujo-lp.JPG

Delaney & Bonnie - Home (1969)

Great set of blue-eyed soul songs with Leon Russell and Carl Radle among others.

n62414vfutq.jpg

The Dillards - Tribute To The American Duck (1973)

Great bluegrass and rock fusion. With John Hartford among others.

duck.jpg

Edited by Swede

It was a pre-order since it's not coming out until October 12th:

orblarge.jpg

I pre-ordered the 180 gram vinyl AND the CD.

300.jpg

I figured if you like them, they're worth a listen. So I checked out their website, listened to some songs -- not bad! I see they're a local (NC) band.