What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Here are my latest purchase of 45's:

Elmore James & His Broomdusters -

/ Calling all blues (Chief 1960)

Great Elmore tune recorded in 1957! B-side is incorrectly credited to Elmore James, while it's an instrumental performed by Earl Hooker, Junior Wells and band.

The Ambassadors -

/ Power of love (Reel 196?)

Can't find much info about this great early rockin' r'n'b single. It's a FAB 45 though!

Otis Rush - I can't quit you baby / Sit down baby (Cobra 1956)

Original and greatest version of I Can't Quit You Baby, also successfully covered by Led Zeppelin. It was also the first single ever released on the Cobra label.

Roscoe Gordon -

/ Goin' home (VeeJay 1959)

Great single with a tune that have been covered by many great artists.

Annisteen Allen -

/ Wheels of love (Capitol 1955)

Really funny, swingin' and cool single by underrated and forgotten r'n'b vocalist Annisteen Allen!!

The Olympics - Western movies /

(Demon 1958)

Most known for Western Movies, but my fav is the rockin' B-side!!!

The Capitols -

/ Hello stranger (Karen 1966)

Great and classic r'n'b mover!!

Emmylou Harris - Here there and everywhere / Together again (Reprise 1975)

Great single, one Beatles classic and one classic country song which Emmylou does absolutely fabulous!

Emmylou Harris -

/ One of these days (Reprise 1975)

Probably my biggest fav Emmylou song of all times, her version of Rodney Crowell's Till I Gain Control Again. Soooo beautiful!

That is indeed a great album! I love Gettin Tighter! Damn, I love the whole album! I have You Keep On Movin' on an original 45, which is a pretty cool song too.

Yeah, it's great all the way through, very consistent. I just wish that lineup could've stayed together a bit longer and made another studio album. It's a shame some people dismiss it just because Blackmore isn't on it. Tommy Bolin was every bit as special in his own right before the drugs ruined him.

This cool jam by Paice and Bolin is one of the bonus tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BfE92tkbYk

Yeah, it's great all the way through, very consistent. I just wish that lineup could've stayed together a bit longer and made another studio album. It's a shame some people dismiss it just because Blackmore isn't on it. Tommy Bolin was every bit as special in his own right before the drugs ruined him.

This cool jam by Paice and Bolin is one of the bonus tracks.

Yes, I am with you. I really like Bolins' guitar work.

Very nice jam!! Thanks for posting!

Wow! Great purchase there Ady!! Congratulations! :thumbsup: This is my favourite album by Deep Purple followed by "Machine Head"!! B)

It's one of my favourites too, and the first DP studio album I heard back in the mid-eighties. :)

It's one of my favourites too, and the first DP studio album I heard back in the mid-eighties. :)

I heard Deep Purple for the first time in 1996. I first listened to "Deepest Purple : The Very Best of Deep Purple" (or rather, my dad made me do it, insisting that I should check these blokes out) and I loved what I heard although I couldn't understand some of the lyrics (I was just a little girl back then :lol:) and then my dad got me into albums like "Come Taste The Band", "Burn", "Machine Head" and "Deep Purple In Rock" (another album which a personal fav of mine! :wub:), all within a year! :lol: Believe me, it was one fascinating musical journey for a 9 year old girl! B)

I heard Deep Purple for the first time in 1996. I first listened to "Deepest Purple : The Very Best of Deep Purple" (or rather, my dad made me do it, insisting that I should check these blokes out) and I loved what I heard although I couldn't understand some of the lyrics (I was just a little girl back then :lol:) and then my dad got me into albums like "Come Taste The Band", "Burn", "Machine Head" and "Deep Purple In Rock" (another album which a personal fav of mine! :wub:), all within a year! :lol: Believe me, it was one fascinating musical journey for a 9 year old girl! B)

Deepest Purple was my first too. :) I borrowed and recorded that and Come Taste the Band from a school friend. Then a work mate of my Dad's lent me a load of albums including In Rock, Machine Head and Stormbringer.

Then 20 years later I discovered them all over again when they played at Live 8 and I bought virtually their entire discography on CD in about a year.

• 2 weeks later...

The Who-"It's Hard"- Vynl

The Who-"Quadrophenia"-Vynl

I was at Wal-Mart on black friday, most people go at 3:00 am and buy flat screens, I went at 5:00pm saw that they had Led Zeppelin II in the 5$ CD section (they were charging at least 15$ for Justin Beiber) I was so mad I bought it.

Two kick ass albums by one of the greatest bands in the world!

God bless "The Hellacopters"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

51wTA6phJ5L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

51GXY4aXWoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I define "Supershitty To The Max" as the mother of all hard rock albums! It is just so fuckin' explosive! IMHO, after "High Visibility", it is my favourite album by "The Hellacopters" B) It is just kick ass, pure unadulterated rock served on a silver platter! B)