What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Yeah, called Scandinavian Nights ?

Yeah, that and Wring That Neck are both over 30 minutes long !

The version I just bought was released in 2005 and is remixed from the original master tapes. The running order of the tracks is also different to Scandinavian Nights as they had to change them around bit to suit the time restrictions of vinyl.

Excellent live album anyway. :)

Yes, that was the title. I haven't heard it in almost 20 years. I remember Wring That Neck too!! If I come across it I'll buy it once again. :)

Yes, that was the title. I haven't heard it in almost 20 years. I remember Wring That Neck too!! If I come across it I'll buy it once again. :)

I'd been wanting it for a few years, but never saw it on CD at a decent price, it was always the wrong side of £10. I eventually downloaded it from iTunes for £7.99 with some Christmas money.

I'd been wanting it for a few years, but never saw it on CD at a decent price, it was always the wrong side of £10. I eventually downloaded it from iTunes for £7.99 with some Christmas money.

Mandrake Root and Wring that Neck from the In Concert record was the first I heard of Purple other than SOTW, great stuff, we need to get the Purple thread up again :)

YES NOT REALLY THE MANS STUFF YOU WERE ON ABOUT <_<:D

:bagoverhead:

PS, She has a weird taste in Music but I am willing to put the time in to change her perception of just what is Good Music, She now has an ipod with the entire Led Zeppelin Catalogue on it, let us now see how she appreciates Substance over Mush hey? :thumbsup:

Kind Regards, Danny

Edited by BIGDAN

I used to have this on vinyl, which was released in the late 80's. If my memory serves me correct there were a really cool version of Mandrake Root on it.. Somebody borrowed the record from me, haven't seen it since that day.

Which is exactly why I quit lending out records a long time ago. Instead I'd offer to record 'em a copy on cassette or these days, on CD.

Paul Simon, Graceland's, for the wife you understand? :blush:

If you're worried what others think about the kind of music you buy because you feel it calls your masculinity (or lack thereof) into question then you've got other things to be concerned about. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Paul Simon as well as Simon & Garfunkel. Not to mention what an outstanding record Graceland is. Looking forward to Paul's new album which'll be out this Spring.

51U7OHbtnpL.jpg

If you're worried what others think about the kind of music you buy because you feel it calls your masculinity (or lack thereof) into question then you've got other things to be concerned about. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Paul Simon as well as Simon & Garfunkel. Not to mention what an outstanding record Graceland is. Looking forward to Paul's new album which'll be out this Spring.

51U7OHbtnpL.jpg

Totally agree with you "Graceland" fantastic, maybe BIGDAN should actually listen to it befor passing judgement ;)

Looking forward to the new C.D

Paul Simon, Graceland's, for the wife you understand? :blush:

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny :wave:

That is one awesome purchase there! :thumbsup: Your wife is one lucky lady! ;) My mom really loves that album and as a matter of fact, so do I (we had it in cassette form, years earlier but the sound quality, unfortunately took a turn for the worse :()!

I think you should give it a listen! I think you'll like what you hear! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I forgot to mention this lovely compilation album I got for my mom a few days ago! :D It was worth every penny seeing the look of joy on her face! :wub: And besides, I love this album too! B)

Sggreatesthits.jpg

:wave: Kiwi

What a blast from the past. That was a great gift you got for your mom.

My latest buy was "Simply Red" Life, old but i like them. :wub:

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

:wave: Kiwi

What a blast from the past. That was a great gift you got for your mom.

My latest buy was "Simply Red" Life, old but i like them. :wub:

Thank you, Fool! :D

It is indeed lovely to listen to old classics again (in the company of my mom) like "Mrs. Robinson", "The Boxer", " The Sounds Of Silence", "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Scarborough Fair". Brings back lots of awesome childhood memories, for me! :wub:

Thank you, Fool! :D

It is indeed lovely to listen to old classics again (in the company of my mom) like "Mrs. Robinson", "The Boxer", " The Sounds Of Silence", "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Scarborough Fair". Brings back lots of awesome childhood memories, for me! :wub:

Hi Kiwi,

I think I may go buy this for myself, in deed a true classics :D

The following album costed me NZ $ 36 because it was a freakin' import!:slapface: But, luckily, money wasn't an objection because I had some second hand text books to sell! Ha! :P But my parents, don't know, yet of my little transaction :shifty:

%5BAllCDCovers%5D_baker_gurvitz_army_elysian_encounter_1993_retail_cd-front.jpg

You sure are a sneaky one there eh, aren't ya, girlie? :P Only kidding, mate! ;)

All jokes apart, I have Elysian Encounter as a 45. My boyfriend bought it for me on Valentines Day, last year. Good purchase, there. :)

I noticed that you purchased the debut album as well as Hearts on Fire. What do you think of 'em so far? I don't have those in 45 at the moment and the local record stores here aren't helping either dry.gif But I'm wondering which to purchase from an online store.

So, would love some input from you, thanks. :)

Which is exactly why I quit lending out records a long time ago. Instead I'd offer to record 'em a copy on cassette or these days, on CD.

Yes, now-a-days there aren't many who wants to borrow vinyl anyway and those are the ones I treasure the most. Will probably not happen again.

You sure are a sneaky one there eh, aren't ya, girlie? :P Only kidding, mate! ;)

All jokes apart, I have Elysian Encounter as a 45. My boyfriend bought it for me on Valentines Day, last year. Good purchase, there. :)

I noticed that you purchased the debut album as well as Hearts on Fire. What do you think of 'em so far? I don't have those in 45 at the moment and the local record stores here aren't helping either dry.gif But I'm wondering which to purchase from an online store.

So, would love some input from you, thanks. :)

Well, I personally recommend the debut album of The Baker Gurvitz Army. The songs to look out for in particular are : "Help Me", "Love Is", "Memory Lane" and "Inside Of Me". The rest of the album is quite good too but these are the stand-outs.

The second album "Hearts On Fire" was a bit of a disappointment for me. A lot of the songs on that album resembles disco. Don't get me wrong. I do like a bit of disco but I think Ginger Baker went a bit too far with it! :P The songs, I like are "My Mind Is Healing" and "Hearts On Fire". Yes, just the two! :lol:

Emma Jane, my sincere advice to you is save your money and buy ONLY the debut album. Stay away from "Hearts On Fire" (if "Disco Rock" irritates you, that is). Just my two cents! ;)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Well, I personally recommend the debut album of The Baker Gurvitz Army. The songs to look out for in particular are : "Help Me", "Love Is", "Memory Lane" and "Inside Of Me". The rest of the album is quite good too but these are the stand-outs.

The second album "Hearts On Fire" was a bit of a disappointment for me. A lot of the songs on that album resembles disco. Don't get me wrong. I do like a bit of disco but I think Ginger Baker went a bit too far with it! :P The songs, I like are "My Mind Is Healing" and "Hearts On Fire". Yes, just the two! :lol:

Emma Jane, my sincere advice to you is save your money and buy ONLY the debut album. Stay away from "Hearts On Fire" (if "Disco Rock" irritates you, that is). Just my two cents! ;)

Thanks for the tip, Kiwi. I can tolerate disco to quite an extent. Besides, my brother is rather nuts about bands like the Bee Gees and the trend has sort of rubbed off on me, so to speak! :lol: So, I think I'll buy both the albums :)

Bought myself two 45's that have been on my want list for a long time, but have just not prioritized to buy them.. but finally they are in my possesion. The Pretty things are probably my favorite 60's British R'n'B band. They make the Stones sound like mother in law's favorite boys.. ;)

The Pretty Things - Midnight To Six Man / Can't Stand The Pain (Fontana 1966)

The Pretty Things - Honey, I Need / I Can Never Say (Fontana 1965)

Live:

Single:

Stephen Stills first solo album. I already have SS2, all of Buffalo Springfield and the classic Manassas.

Have you picked up Manassas' Pieces record that came out a couple of years ago? If not, it's really good stuff, at least to my ears.

Bought these yesterday, the Tony Joe White came from the budget bin so it was a steal. Been waiting on The War of Drugs since I first ordered it back in October. They were one of many highlights for me from last year's Hopscotch Music Festival in Raleigh. I can't wait to see them again when they open for Destroyer at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro in April.

518zkXYNvCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The War on Drugs Future Weather EP (Vinyl)

41R6yVbU3gL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tony Joe White The Shine (Promo)

Edited by Jahfin

After 4 months of literally waiting in agony, I FINALLY :rolleyes: managed to purchase these :

51eLAlvIQQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5135BbbOyBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've given both the albums a couple of spins and while both are just great, I prefer "The Alchemist" to "Firewood".

I guess (to me) it's because the guitar riffs are deadlier, the lyrics are even creepier and the Sabbath influence is more profound on "The Alchemist" in comparison to "Firewood".

Here are some of my favourite songs from "The Alchemist" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PYEMyyAd_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDE-zsOH9tU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDUc07ptKM

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87