What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

After 4 months of literally waiting in agony, I FINALLY :rolleyes: managed to purchase these :

51eLAlvIQQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5135BbbOyBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've given both the albums a couple of spins and while both are just great, I prefer "The Alchemist" to "Firewood".

I guess (to me) it's because the guitar riffs are deadlier, the lyrics are even creepier and the Sabbath influence is more profound on "The Alchemist" in comparison to "Firewood".

Here are some of my favourite songs from "The Alchemist" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PYEMyyAd_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDE-zsOH9tU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDUc07ptKM

Kiwi I really like The Alchemist songs you posted. They sound like a pretty great rock band to me. I guess I should be more open minded and listen to more 'modern' bands every now and then. :D

Kiwi I really like The Alchemist songs you posted. They sound like a pretty great rock band to me. I guess I should be more open minded and listen to more 'modern' bands every now and then. :D

Hi Magic! :wave:

I got into "Witchcraft" (the band responsible for these awesome songs) in the first place thanks to Swede and Rock N' Rolling Man! Those two have excellent music tastes! :D

This forum has taught me to become open minded too and go beyond 60's and 70's stuff! And yep! "The Alchemist" is one hell of an awesome album! You should get it and I recommend "Firewood" too! B) These are albums by this really cool Swedish band "Witchcraft".

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Hi Magic! :wave:

I got into "Witchcraft" in the first place thanks to Swede and Rock N' Rolling Man! :D Those two have excellent music tastes! :D

This forum has taught me to become open minded too and go beyond 60's and 70's stuff! And yep! "The Alchemist" is one hell of an awesome album! You should get it and I recommend "Firewood" too! B) These are albums by this really cool Swedish band "Witchcraft".

Hi Kiwi :wave:

Oh I see Witchcraft is the band, Alchemist is the name of the album! That was a pretty daft mistake to make!! :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to check out the albums you mentioned on You Tube. ;)

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

I got into "Witchcraft" (the band responsible for these awesome songs) in the first place thanks to Swede and Rock N' Rolling Man! Those two have excellent music tastes! :D

You might like Burning Saviours too, they're also from Sweden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrXAh4fDqzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NBoItOgr68

I had intended to pick up Pearl Jam's new one, Live on Ten Legs today as well but it was nowhere to be found. Did anyone else have any trouble locating a copy? I know when they did that promotion with Target last year for Backspacer (that was supposed to come out on a Sunday) that it was nowhere to be found either. Perhaps it has to do with them trying to operate their own record label (Monkeywrench Records), who knows.

517JvTBwxTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

CD/DVD

61vFEkoZxwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

I had intended to pick up Pearl Jam's new one, Live on Ten Legs today as well but it was nowhere to be found.

Hey Jahfin,

I'm not quite sure if you like itunes downloads, but, Live on Ten Legs is available in the U.S itunes store for $10.99, if you're interested :)

Hey Jahfin,

I'm not quite sure if you like itunes downloads, but, Live on Ten Legs is available in the U.S itunes store for $10.99, if you're interested :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not totally opposed to downloads if it's a record that's out of print or a vinyl record that comes with a download card, otherwise I like the actual physical product. I do appreciate it though.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not totally opposed to downloads if it's a record that's out of print or a vinyl record that comes with a download card, otherwise I like the actual physical product. I do appreciate it though.

You're very welcome. Good luck in finding that record! :)

After 4 months of literally waiting in agony, I FINALLY :rolleyes: managed to purchase these :

51eLAlvIQQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5135BbbOyBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've given both the albums a couple of spins and while both are just great, I prefer "The Alchemist" to "Firewood".

I guess (to me) it's because the guitar riffs are deadlier, the lyrics are even creepier and the Sabbath influence is more profound on "The Alchemist" in comparison to "Firewood".

Good buys Kiwi I myself prefer the s/t over the other two but all three are very good.

You might like Burning Saviours too, they're also from Sweden.

Hi Ady! :wave:

That is some great stuff you've recommended there! Thank you, so much! I love what I hear! :D

"Dark Lady" and "Lilly Marion" sound really good! :D I'm not quite sure how on earth I missed this band out! :blink:

Good buys Kiwi I myself prefer the s/t over the other two but all three are very good.

Thanks! :D I thought I'll never be able to buy these because I kept nagging an online record store (from whom I keep buying those albums which are not available at the local record stores) for 4 months but the folks there used to keep telling me that there were "supplier problems" and they even had the nerve to suggest that instead of refunding the money I had paid them, they would send me "something even better"! dry.gif Then, about a couple of days ago when I had almost given up (I had no hope of getting the 2 "Witchcraft" albums and of course the money I had paid!), they email me, telling me that "a shipment" had arrived from Europe and thank goodness it was the albums I was looking for! That was such a close shave! :mellow:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

You're very welcome. Good luck in finding that record! :)

Turns out it's only available through the band's website and through independent record stores. My local record store didn't get any in yesterday due to delays caused by inclement weather but I'm told they should have it in before day's end today.

I forgot to mention this lovely compilation album I got for my mom a few days ago! :D It was worth every penny seeing the look of joy on her face! :wub: And besides, I love this album too! B)

Sggreatesthits.jpg

have this on cd....listened to it quite a bit.....love it

play "the boxer" one time for me kid

Hi Ady! :wave:

That is some great stuff you've recommended there! Thank you, so much! I love what I hear! :D

"Dark Lady" and "Lilly Marion" sound really good! :D I'm not quite sure how on earth I missed this band out! :blink:

You're welcome. :) If you like that then you might be interested in this: http://yriamdwark.bandcamp.com/

It's an album by Burning Saviours singer Fredrik Andersson's old band Yriam Dwark, there are some really good songs on there. You can buy it for as little as you like or just listen for free. :)

You're welcome. :) If you like that then you might be interested in this: http://yriamdwark.bandcamp.com/

It's an album by Burning Saviours singer Fredrik Andersson's old band Yriam Dwark, there are some really good songs on there. You can buy it for as little as you like or just listen for free. :)

Sweet! Thanks for the link! I'm going to check that album out right now! I have a feeling that I'll like it a lot! :D

BTW, in case you haven't heard, "Burning Saviours" re-grouped in August, 2010 and they even began working on a new song on the 13th of November, 2010. Sounds pretty promising! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Bought the following albums for just NZ $ 10 today! Quite a bargain if you ask me! :D

Item No. 1 :

51DtijM1fwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here's a pretty nice review of the album "Nymphs And Weavers" (the third album of the Swedish band "Burning Saviours") :

"Burning Saviours -- named after a Pentagram song -- have undergone line-up changes since their debut, and their sophomore effort is the also the debut for their new vocalist. Whilst I am unsure how he fares against his predecessor, he seems competent enough, but not especially good. Instead, their strength lies in the dual guitarists performing catchy hard rock riffs and blues-infested leads. Some passages are reminiscent of Black Sabbath, but of their earliest days, when they still had a slight trippy feel, whilst the overarching influence of legends such as Deep Purple and Uriah Heep can be also be detected. Occasionally, a Hammond organ is used to provide an additional layer of atmosphere, whilst the brief use of a flute inevitably invites comparisons with Jethro Tull. "Woodnymph" is one of the best songs that display Burning Saviours at their most contemplative, despite paradoxically reminding me of dinosaur rockers The Eagles".

I highly recommed this album and the band "Burning Saviours" to anyone who is a fan of bands like "Black Sabbath", "Witchcraft" and "Pentagram".

Ady recommended these guys to me in the first place! Thanks man! I owe you one big time!! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Item No. 2 :

61STY-xjMnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think this album is Burning Saviour's best work! :D

If you don't quite like the album "Nymphs And Weavers" so much, try "Hundus" then! :)

Ady posted a couple of songs right here in this thread. I am posting those songs again, along with another one called "Heathen Rites", which is also from "Hundus". These are my fav songs from the album :

Again, I highly recommend this band to all fans of "Black Sabbath", "Witchcraft" and "Pentagram" B)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Bought some really fine blues and r'n'b 45's:

Ann Cole with The Suburbans and Orchestra -

/ I've got a little boy (Baton 1957)

This is the original verson which Muddy Waters later adapted.

Ted Taylor -

/ Top of the world (Okeh 1964)

Henry Strogin - Misery / I cry like a baby (Hank 1961-65?)

Jennell Hawkins - Don't worry about me / I pity you fool (Dynamic 1961)

Johnny Watson - Sweet lovin' mama / What you do to me (King 1962)

Bobby Day and The Blossoms - My blue heaven / I don't want to (Class 1960)

Erlene and Her Girlfriends -

/ Casanova (Old Town 1963)

Bo Diddley -

/ My story (Checker 1960)

The Pygmies -

/ The other side (Liberty 1963)

baton2.jpg

275554.jpg

516whldiy9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I usually pass on these sort of packagings of previously released material, particularly when they don't appear to be authorized releases but after doing a little research on this one, I picked it up. What got my interest were several songs from a now out of print live album. I already own the rest of the songs on the record but at only $7.99 for the entire CD it was definitely worth the investment. I just wish they'd release that old live record on CD at long last.