Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jahfin

What's Your Latest Purchase?

:wave: Kiwi

What a blast from the past. That was a great gift you got for your mom.

My latest buy was "Simply Red" Life, old but i like them. :wub:

Thank you, Fool! :D

It is indeed lovely to listen to old classics again (in the company of my mom) like "Mrs. Robinson", "The Boxer", " The Sounds Of Silence", "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Scarborough Fair". Brings back lots of awesome childhood memories, for me! :wub:

Thank you, Fool! :D

It is indeed lovely to listen to old classics again (in the company of my mom) like "Mrs. Robinson", "The Boxer", " The Sounds Of Silence", "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Scarborough Fair". Brings back lots of awesome childhood memories, for me! :wub:

Hi Kiwi,

I think I may go buy this for myself, in deed a true classics :D

Hi Kiwi,

I think I may go buy this for myself, in deed a true classics :D

Hi Fool,

Yep! I think you should! It will indeed be a lovely addition to your music collection! :D

The following album costed me NZ $ 36 because it was a freakin' import!:slapface: But, luckily, money wasn't an objection because I had some second hand text books to sell! Ha! :P But my parents, don't know, yet of my little transaction :shifty:

%5BAllCDCovers%5D_baker_gurvitz_army_elysian_encounter_1993_retail_cd-front.jpg

You sure are a sneaky one there eh, aren't ya, girlie? :P Only kidding, mate! ;)

All jokes apart, I have Elysian Encounter as a 45. My boyfriend bought it for me on Valentines Day, last year. Good purchase, there. :)

I noticed that you purchased the debut album as well as Hearts on Fire. What do you think of 'em so far? I don't have those in 45 at the moment and the local record stores here aren't helping either dry.gif But I'm wondering which to purchase from an online store.

So, would love some input from you, thanks. :)

Which is exactly why I quit lending out records a long time ago. Instead I'd offer to record 'em a copy on cassette or these days, on CD.

Yes, now-a-days there aren't many who wants to borrow vinyl anyway and those are the ones I treasure the most. Will probably not happen again.

You sure are a sneaky one there eh, aren't ya, girlie? :P Only kidding, mate! ;)

All jokes apart, I have Elysian Encounter as a 45. My boyfriend bought it for me on Valentines Day, last year. Good purchase, there. :)

I noticed that you purchased the debut album as well as Hearts on Fire. What do you think of 'em so far? I don't have those in 45 at the moment and the local record stores here aren't helping either dry.gif But I'm wondering which to purchase from an online store.

So, would love some input from you, thanks. :)

Well, I personally recommend the debut album of The Baker Gurvitz Army. The songs to look out for in particular are : "Help Me", "Love Is", "Memory Lane" and "Inside Of Me". The rest of the album is quite good too but these are the stand-outs.

The second album "Hearts On Fire" was a bit of a disappointment for me. A lot of the songs on that album resembles disco. Don't get me wrong. I do like a bit of disco but I think Ginger Baker went a bit too far with it! :P The songs, I like are "My Mind Is Healing" and "Hearts On Fire". Yes, just the two! :lol:

Emma Jane, my sincere advice to you is save your money and buy ONLY the debut album. Stay away from "Hearts On Fire" (if "Disco Rock" irritates you, that is). Just my two cents! ;)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Well, I personally recommend the debut album of The Baker Gurvitz Army. The songs to look out for in particular are : "Help Me", "Love Is", "Memory Lane" and "Inside Of Me". The rest of the album is quite good too but these are the stand-outs.

The second album "Hearts On Fire" was a bit of a disappointment for me. A lot of the songs on that album resembles disco. Don't get me wrong. I do like a bit of disco but I think Ginger Baker went a bit too far with it! :P The songs, I like are "My Mind Is Healing" and "Hearts On Fire". Yes, just the two! :lol:

Emma Jane, my sincere advice to you is save your money and buy ONLY the debut album. Stay away from "Hearts On Fire" (if "Disco Rock" irritates you, that is). Just my two cents! ;)

Thanks for the tip, Kiwi. I can tolerate disco to quite an extent. Besides, my brother is rather nuts about bands like the Bee Gees and the trend has sort of rubbed off on me, so to speak! :lol: So, I think I'll buy both the albums :)

Bought myself two 45's that have been on my want list for a long time, but have just not prioritized to buy them.. but finally they are in my possesion. The Pretty things are probably my favorite 60's British R'n'B band. They make the Stones sound like mother in law's favorite boys.. ;)

The Pretty Things - Midnight To Six Man / Can't Stand The Pain (Fontana 1966)

The Pretty Things - Honey, I Need / I Can Never Say (Fontana 1965)

Live:

Single:

Stephen Stills first solo album. I already have SS2, all of Buffalo Springfield and the classic Manassas.

Have you picked up Manassas' Pieces record that came out a couple of years ago? If not, it's really good stuff, at least to my ears.

Bought these yesterday, the Tony Joe White came from the budget bin so it was a steal. Been waiting on The War of Drugs since I first ordered it back in October. They were one of many highlights for me from last year's Hopscotch Music Festival in Raleigh. I can't wait to see them again when they open for Destroyer at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro in April.

518zkXYNvCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The War on Drugs Future Weather EP (Vinyl)

41R6yVbU3gL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tony Joe White The Shine (Promo)

Edited by Jahfin

After 4 months of literally waiting in agony, I FINALLY :rolleyes: managed to purchase these :

51eLAlvIQQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5135BbbOyBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've given both the albums a couple of spins and while both are just great, I prefer "The Alchemist" to "Firewood".

I guess (to me) it's because the guitar riffs are deadlier, the lyrics are even creepier and the Sabbath influence is more profound on "The Alchemist" in comparison to "Firewood".

Here are some of my favourite songs from "The Alchemist" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PYEMyyAd_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDE-zsOH9tU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDUc07ptKM

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

After 4 months of literally waiting in agony, I FINALLY :rolleyes: managed to purchase these :

I've given both the albums a couple of spins and while both are just great, I prefer "The Alchemist" to "Firewood".

I guess (to me) it's because the guitar riffs are deadlier, the lyrics are even creepier and the Sabbath influence is more profound on "The Alchemist" in comparison to "Firewood".

Here are some of my favourite songs from "The Alchemist" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PYEMyyAd_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDE-zsOH9tU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDUc07ptKM

Kiwi I really like The Alchemist songs you posted. They sound like a pretty great rock band to me. I guess I should be more open minded and listen to more 'modern' bands every now and then. :D

Kiwi I really like The Alchemist songs you posted. They sound like a pretty great rock band to me. I guess I should be more open minded and listen to more 'modern' bands every now and then. :D

Hi Magic! :wave:

I got into "Witchcraft" (the band responsible for these awesome songs) in the first place thanks to Swede and Rock N' Rolling Man! Those two have excellent music tastes! :D

This forum has taught me to become open minded too and go beyond 60's and 70's stuff! And yep! "The Alchemist" is one hell of an awesome album! You should get it and I recommend "Firewood" too! B) These are albums by this really cool Swedish band "Witchcraft".

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Hi Magic! :wave:

I got into "Witchcraft" in the first place thanks to Swede and Rock N' Rolling Man! :D Those two have excellent music tastes! :D

This forum has taught me to become open minded too and go beyond 60's and 70's stuff! And yep! "The Alchemist" is one hell of an awesome album! You should get it and I recommend "Firewood" too! B) These are albums by this really cool Swedish band "Witchcraft".

Hi Kiwi :wave:

Oh I see Witchcraft is the band, Alchemist is the name of the album! That was a pretty daft mistake to make!! :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to check out the albums you mentioned on You Tube. ;)

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

Hi Kiwi :wave:

Oh I see Witchcraft is the band, Alchemist is the name of the album! That was a pretty daft mistake to make!! :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to check out the albums you mentioned on You Tube. ;)

Yep! You do that! :D You are in for a treat, my friend! B)

I got into "Witchcraft" (the band responsible for these awesome songs) in the first place thanks to Swede and Rock N' Rolling Man! Those two have excellent music tastes! :D

You might like Burning Saviours too, they're also from Sweden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrXAh4fDqzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NBoItOgr68

I had intended to pick up Pearl Jam's new one, Live on Ten Legs today as well but it was nowhere to be found. Did anyone else have any trouble locating a copy? I know when they did that promotion with Target last year for Backspacer (that was supposed to come out on a Sunday) that it was nowhere to be found either. Perhaps it has to do with them trying to operate their own record label (Monkeywrench Records), who knows.

517JvTBwxTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

CD/DVD

61vFEkoZxwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

I had intended to pick up Pearl Jam's new one, Live on Ten Legs today as well but it was nowhere to be found.

Hey Jahfin,

I'm not quite sure if you like itunes downloads, but, Live on Ten Legs is available in the U.S itunes store for $10.99, if you're interested :)

Hey Jahfin,

I'm not quite sure if you like itunes downloads, but, Live on Ten Legs is available in the U.S itunes store for $10.99, if you're interested :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not totally opposed to downloads if it's a record that's out of print or a vinyl record that comes with a download card, otherwise I like the actual physical product. I do appreciate it though.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not totally opposed to downloads if it's a record that's out of print or a vinyl record that comes with a download card, otherwise I like the actual physical product. I do appreciate it though.

You're very welcome. Good luck in finding that record! :)

Good buys Kiwi I myself prefer the s/t over the other two but all three are very good.

You might like Burning Saviours too, they're also from Sweden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrXAh4fDqzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NBoItOgr68

Hi Ady! :wave:

That is some great stuff you've recommended there! Thank you, so much! I love what I hear! :D

"Dark Lady" and "Lilly Marion" sound really good! :D I'm not quite sure how on earth I missed this band out! :blink:

Good buys Kiwi I myself prefer the s/t over the other two but all three are very good.

Thanks! :D I thought I'll never be able to buy these because I kept nagging an online record store (from whom I keep buying those albums which are not available at the local record stores) for 4 months but the folks there used to keep telling me that there were "supplier problems" and they even had the nerve to suggest that instead of refunding the money I had paid them, they would send me "something even better"! dry.gif Then, about a couple of days ago when I had almost given up (I had no hope of getting the 2 "Witchcraft" albums and of course the money I had paid!), they email me, telling me that "a shipment" had arrived from Europe and thank goodness it was the albums I was looking for! That was such a close shave! :mellow:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

You're very welcome. Good luck in finding that record! :)

Turns out it's only available through the band's website and through independent record stores. My local record store didn't get any in yesterday due to delays caused by inclement weather but I'm told they should have it in before day's end today.

I forgot to mention this lovely compilation album I got for my mom a few days ago! :D It was worth every penny seeing the look of joy on her face! :wub: And besides, I love this album too! B)

Sggreatesthits.jpg

have this on cd....listened to it quite a bit.....love it

play "the boxer" one time for me kid