Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jahfin

What's Your Latest Purchase?

i bought this..cuz it was a fan club item and i have a large vinyl collection....that having been said this may be the last item i ever purchase like this...and the first vinyl i purchased probably since the 90s

U2TBN008.jpg

Hi Ady! :wave:

That is some great stuff you've recommended there! Thank you, so much! I love what I hear! :D

"Dark Lady" and "Lilly Marion" sound really good! :D I'm not quite sure how on earth I missed this band out! :blink:

You're welcome. :) If you like that then you might be interested in this: http://yriamdwark.bandcamp.com/

It's an album by Burning Saviours singer Fredrik Andersson's old band Yriam Dwark, there are some really good songs on there. You can buy it for as little as you like or just listen for free. :)

You're welcome. :) If you like that then you might be interested in this: http://yriamdwark.bandcamp.com/

It's an album by Burning Saviours singer Fredrik Andersson's old band Yriam Dwark, there are some really good songs on there. You can buy it for as little as you like or just listen for free. :)

Sweet! Thanks for the link! I'm going to check that album out right now! I have a feeling that I'll like it a lot! :D

BTW, in case you haven't heard, "Burning Saviours" re-grouped in August, 2010 and they even began working on a new song on the 13th of November, 2010. Sounds pretty promising! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Bought the following albums for just NZ $ 10 today! Quite a bargain if you ask me! :D

Item No. 1 :

51DtijM1fwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here's a pretty nice review of the album "Nymphs And Weavers" (the third album of the Swedish band "Burning Saviours") :

"Burning Saviours -- named after a Pentagram song -- have undergone line-up changes since their debut, and their sophomore effort is the also the debut for their new vocalist. Whilst I am unsure how he fares against his predecessor, he seems competent enough, but not especially good. Instead, their strength lies in the dual guitarists performing catchy hard rock riffs and blues-infested leads. Some passages are reminiscent of Black Sabbath, but of their earliest days, when they still had a slight trippy feel, whilst the overarching influence of legends such as Deep Purple and Uriah Heep can be also be detected. Occasionally, a Hammond organ is used to provide an additional layer of atmosphere, whilst the brief use of a flute inevitably invites comparisons with Jethro Tull. "Woodnymph" is one of the best songs that display Burning Saviours at their most contemplative, despite paradoxically reminding me of dinosaur rockers The Eagles".

I highly recommed this album and the band "Burning Saviours" to anyone who is a fan of bands like "Black Sabbath", "Witchcraft" and "Pentagram".

Ady recommended these guys to me in the first place! Thanks man! I owe you one big time!! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Item No. 2 :

61STY-xjMnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think this album is Burning Saviour's best work! :D

If you don't quite like the album "Nymphs And Weavers" so much, try "Hundus" then! :)

Ady posted a couple of songs right here in this thread. I am posting those songs again, along with another one called "Heathen Rites", which is also from "Hundus". These are my fav songs from the album :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrXAh4fDqzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NBoItOgr68

Again, I highly recommend this band to all fans of "Black Sabbath", "Witchcraft" and "Pentagram" B)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Bought some really fine blues and r'n'b 45's:

Ann Cole with The Suburbans and Orchestra -

/ I've got a little boy (Baton 1957)

This is the original verson which Muddy Waters later adapted.

Ted Taylor -

/ Top of the world (Okeh 1964)

Henry Strogin - Misery / I cry like a baby (Hank 1961-65?)

Jennell Hawkins - Don't worry about me / I pity you fool (Dynamic 1961)

Johnny Watson - Sweet lovin' mama / What you do to me (King 1962)

Bobby Day and The Blossoms - My blue heaven / I don't want to (Class 1960)

Erlene and Her Girlfriends -

/ Casanova (Old Town 1963)

Bo Diddley -

/ My story (Checker 1960)

The Pygmies -

/ The other side (Liberty 1963)

baton2.jpg

275554.jpg

Ady recommended these guys to me in the first place! Thanks man! I owe you one big time!!

No worries, glad you like 'em! :)

516whldiy9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I usually pass on these sort of packagings of previously released material, particularly when they don't appear to be authorized releases but after doing a little research on this one, I picked it up. What got my interest were several songs from a now out of print live album. I already own the rest of the songs on the record but at only $7.99 for the entire CD it was definitely worth the investment. I just wish they'd release that old live record on CD at long last.

have this on cd....listened to it quite a bit.....love it

play "the boxer" one time for me kid

I was listening to "The Boxer" just this morning and I was thinking of you, mate! Cheers! :beer:

One of our local Borders stores is going belly up so I was able to get a pretty good deal on these:

51SFDwXEwBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

634312009138695017.Jpeg

uncut~~~~~~_issue165f_101b.jpgmag_cover.jpg

I got the Blu-ray at Fry's for $14 today. I love the Wagnerian soundtrack.

Excalibur - Forged by a god. Foretold by a wizard. Found by a king.

0088392916798_500X500.jpg

The Borders going out of business sale continues. These were already marked down so it was especially hard to pass 'em up. Plus, I have a tremendous soft spot for both Tres Hombres and Fandango. Tres Hombres has to be among the first 2 or 3 records I ever owned along with Alice Cooper's Killer and We're An American Band from Grand Funk Railroad.

6aadc060ada00017f2133210.L._AA300_.jpgb50d419328a0132e0469e110.L._AA300_.jpg518TVQJS78L._SL500_AA300_.jpg