What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Hit a couple vinyl/CD shows in Raleigh and Carrboro today. Still no sign of a copy of a first pressing of R.E.M.'s "Radio Free Europe" 45 but I did finally track down something I've been looking for for a long time, David Lindley's Mr. Dave (his solo debut) on CD. Aside from the double sets (the Meters, the Neville Brothers, Bob Marley & the Wailers), I found most of the rest of these for around $2-3 a piece. The Cars' double CD collection was $5.

61MVD3bRnxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51UIOZRHcLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg51qe1soDFDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61X9jnKVFrL._SL500_AA300_.jpgc8a962e89da063a41d334110.L._AA300_.jpg51fHIjomLbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg3143c6da8da0e2bafe9a1110.L._AA300_.jpg51CWKZ99PML._SL500_AA300_.jpg92aa228348a07a28b1a9e010.L._AA300_.jpg

Purchased this album in late September but it somehow slipped my mind to mention it! :blink:

220px-NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg

Heard a great interview with some of these guys earlier today on XM's Lithium channel about the recording of this record. Pretty remarkable stuff.

Today's Record Store Day haul:

jimmy-cliff-sacred-fire-ep-album-cover1-490x490.jpgWilco-Speak-Into-The-Rose.jpg2wp1hr9.jpg

Books:

1) Led Zeppelin Faq - George Case

2) Black Sabbath Faq - Martin Popoff

3) Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven & Hell With Black Sabbath - Tony Iommi

4) I Am Ozzy - Ozzy Osbourne

Cd's:

1) Live At Winterland - Jimi Hendrix

2) Rome - Dangermouse & Danielle Luppi starring Jack White & Norah Jones

http://youtu.be/EFF7nZBTJkM

Just picked up the "Some Girls" reissue & the DVD from that tour. Even though I love "Exile" & the 72 tour better, the overall Some Girls package is better than what was released last year. I'm really loving it, the bonus CD has less tampering done to it as far as modern overdubs & where it is done it fits where on the Exile reissue it didn't, also I had a bootlrg copy of the DVD for years & they've done wonders with it as far as cleaning up the sound & picture. I highly recommend both the CD & DVD.

http://youtu.be/EFF7nZBTJkM

Just picked up the "Some Girls" reissue & the DVD from that tour. Even though I love "Exile" & the 72 tour better, the overall Some Girls package is better than what was released last year. I'm really loving it, the bonus CD has less tampering done to it as far as modern overdubs & where it is done it fits where on the Exile reissue it didn't, also I had a bootlrg copy of the DVD for years & they've done wonders with it as far as cleaning up the sound & picture. I highly recommend both the CD & DVD.

Probably pick up the DVD eventually but with Record Store Day recently passing, along with a couple of other purchases, I'll have to hold off for a while.

Books:

1) Led Zeppelin Faq - George Case

2) Black Sabbath Faq - Martin Popoff

3) Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven & Hell With Black Sabbath - Tony Iommi

4) I Am Ozzy - Ozzy Osbourne

Cd's:

1) Live At Winterland - Jimi Hendrix

2) Rome - Dangermouse & Danielle Luppi starring Jack White & Norah Jones

Also purchased the I am Ozzy book, signed edition.

I must admit that it is very very funny, and even has some nice anecdotes about Led Zeppelin in it.

Very worth the read, recommend it to everyone here.

Stumbled by mere coincidence upon the vinyl copy of Lifes Rich Pageant on amazon.com

I didn't hesitate for a moment and clicked Add to Cart / Proceed to checkout

Although it was rather pricey at 31$ plus shipping, I didn't buy the previous 25th anniversary edition which costed about the same, so this is how I rationalised the splurge.

Now I just have to buy a turntable. And find other rational arguments to persuade the CFO whose office is in the right side of my brain. :)