What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

There Will Be Blood - Jonny Greenwood

Giant Steps - John Coltrane

Live - Built To Spill

I bought the BTS album because they're coming to town end of February and I wanted to know if they can throw it down on stage. It's got a 20 minute jam session cover of Cortez The Killer... and it sounds pretty good.

:cheer:

:cheer:

My mom knows the singer of BTS! He used to bartend at the bar next door to my favorite local record store! :D

B00002668Z.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00008G9JN.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Please don't forget to go to work, eat, take care of yourself. Don't get too obsessed with your new purchases!! :)

Seriously, LITP contains some great stuff, Wondering Again (alternate version of Wondering Aloud), Up the Pool, Nursie, Just Trying to Be, Christmas Song.

When listening to SFTW, I can't help but think about the musical climate in 1977 (punk, punk, punk) and what Tull released that year.

Please don't forget to go to work, eat, take care of yourself. Don't get too obsessed with your new purchases!! :)

Seriously, LITP contains some great stuff, Wondering Again (alternate version of Wondering Aloud), Up the Pool, Nursie, Just Trying to Be, Christmas Song.

When listening to SFTW, I can't help but think about the musical climate in 1977 (punk, punk, punk) and what Tull released that year.

Yeah, I've been listening, excellent stuff!

How is "Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!"?

I was planning on getting that originally as I usually buy in chronological order, but I saw some negative reviews and saw "Songs From the Wood" for just £3.99, which I'd heard great things about.

Yeah, I've been listening, excellent stuff!

How is "Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!"?

I was planning on getting that originally as I usually buy in chronological order, but I saw some negative reviews and saw "Songs From the Wood" for just £3.99, which I'd heard great things about.

TOTRNRTYTD released during 1976 in the middle of the punk thing can best be described as quirky. The title did not help the bands popularity. Three songs in particular "Bad Eyes and Loveless", "From a Dead Beat to an Old Greaser" and "Checkered Flag" are the quirkiest and are probably a big reason why those negative reviews exist. This was the first Tull release where I questioned a couple of the songs. The good news is that it has aged well. Even those three songs I mentioned soound interesting and very Tullish 30 plus years later. John Glascock (former Carmen bassist, R.I.P.) joined the band for a few releases beginning with TOTRNRTYTD. He was a welcome addition. Maddy Prior (Steeleye Span vocalist) joined in on a couple of tracks including the title song.

TOTRNRTYTD released during 1976 in the middle of the punk thing can best be described as quirky. The title did not help the bands popularity. Three songs in particular "Bad Eyes and Loveless", "From a Dead Beat to an Old Greaser" and "Checkered Flag" are the quirkiest and are probably a big reason why those negative reviews exist. This was the first Tull release where I questioned a couple of the songs. The good news is that it has aged well. Even those three songs I mentioned soound interesting and very Tullish 30 plus years later. John Glascock (former Carmen bassist, R.I.P.) joined the band for a few releases beginning with TOTRNRTYTD. He was a welcome addition. Maddy Prior (Steeleye Span vocalist) joined in on a couple of tracks including the title song.

Thanks for that, it'll be my next Tull purchase then. Thinking about it, A Passion Play had negative reviews as well and I still like that... You can't trust reviewers!

I have the album Orgasm by Head Machine from 1970, which John Glascock also plays on.

Thanks for that, it'll be my next Tull purchase then. Thinking about it, A Passion Play had negative reviews as well and I still like that... You can't trust reviewers!

I have the album Orgasm by Head Machine from 1970, which John Glascock also plays on.

Make sure you buy the remastered version with the bonus tracks, Small Cigar and Strip Cartoon. Strip Cartoon in particular is a great song. Also, the proper release contained Salamander, an acoustic gem.

I bought APP on the day it was released in 1973 and have always loved it.