What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I was beginning to think I wouldn't get to shop for records again this year. My two main haunts, Amoeba and Rockaway Records, are closed for the foreseeable future. But I managed to find two other record shops that have reopened...if only for limited hours. Meaning they close at 5pm.

How wonderful to be among records again, flipping through the stacks. Here is the bounty I left with.

120001089.jpg.4ab84ab11e2035eeaa51b161ddbafbdd.jpg

FIONAAPPLECOVER.jpg.b063e8874be446a8487c0b068b558f90.jpg

image_64350fbf-c2e7-4e25-a45c-a92b8a36bbe4_1024x1024.jpg.f593cb4f84a979723f27e075eade0e36.jpg

The 60th anniversary edition.

603497848348.jpg.59590a007968c76f2ef82ec7d22f26b5.jpg

The deluxe edition.

image.jpg.0f02f69e65a25028ec79d76eb6d5451c.jpg

• 3 months later...

Not a purchase but a service.  Just dropped off my MacBook Pro at 🍏 Apple store.  Arrogant little prick gave me  nothing to prove I just dropped off a $3000 computer loaded with sensitive info!!  Just got the e mail.  Might do the survey this time.  He won’t be getting an A.  Except for asshole!  
Issues:  battery life is main. I had to blow some dust out to get fan working right .  If your PC makes noise you should first blow out air vents,  I recommend doing it anyway.  Lastly, software issue.  First time ever I could not upgrade due to storage?   Using Catalina and trying to upgrade to Big Sur.  Not sure but likely photos?  Even though most are in Google. So I must survive 3-5 days without my PC!!!  

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, did not know where else to put this post.  My latest purchase is a new 2022 Chevy Equinox WITH NO DAMN CD PLAYER!!!!!!!  So pissed.  So now I am using Apple music after trying Pandora and seeing the price of I tunes. So here is what I am going to do.  I am taking my entire Led Zeppelin box set, the entire collection and I am buying a CD player/burner at Amazon so I can put them on flash drives to play in the car.  I will also do this with playlists including must have Pink Floyd, The Who, The Rolling Stones, especially Get Yer Ya Ya's out, Some Girls, and then songs I like.  Such a bitch this is.  Does anyone have any idea how many songs you can get on 32 gig drives?  

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

OK, did not know where else to put this post.  My latest purchase is a new 2022 Chevy Equinox WITH NO DAMN CD PLAYER!!!!!!!  So pissed.  So now I am using Apple music after trying Pandora and seeing the price of I tunes. So here is what I am going to do.  I am taking my entire Led Zeppelin box set, the entire collection and I am buying a CD player/burner at Amazon so I can put them on flash drives to play in the car.  I will also do this with playlists including must have Pink Floyd, The Who, The Rolling Stones, especially Get Yer Ya Ya's out, Some Girls, and then songs I like.  Such a bitch this is.  Does anyone have any idea how many songs you can get on 32 gig drives?  

Wouldn´t it be easier (and cheaper) to buy a portable CD player and connect that with a portable music player interface cable (original accessory by chevrolet)? A friend of mine had the same problem and is very satisfied with a connected portable Cd player. He has no problems with skipping, the portable CD players seem to be immune against vibrations.

15 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Wouldn´t it be easier (and cheaper) to buy a portable CD player and connect that with a portable music player interface cable (original accessory by chevrolet)? A friend of mine had the same problem and is very satisfied with a connected portable Cd player. He has no problems with skipping, the portable CD players seem to be immune against vibrations.

Thanks for advice. Ill have to check it out. I have a CD burner in the cart at Amazon that is only $17 with Prime.  I am going to get the prime to buy Xmas stuff and to watch the Bills game on December 1.  Not sure if it will actually play in the vehicle. The dealer and the salesman are useless.  They called me in 10 minutes after  I gave them a negative survey GM sent me.  That got their attention. I told them not to post it on the survey but it went straight to GM. They must have got their ass's lit up.  Good.  They made me to every thing. Take the title to Fed Ex, take the plates back, and more.  Drove all over. And  the salesman sat on his ass and gets X amount of money for nothing.

If I use the CD burner that plugs into my MacBook Pro I can burn all of my CD's to the flash drive.  But what you are saying is they have a player that I ran run in the vehicle to play my existing collection?  I have a ton of good CD's.  Full LZ collection,  Pink Floyd (Dark Side Of The Moon), Stones (Get Yer Ya Ya's Out), and more.  I have downloaded some Who that I no longer have like Who's Next and some Pink Floyd songs like Comfortably Numb and Welcome To The Machine,  Must have stuff   Thanks again.  Ill look into it.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks for advice. Ill have to check it out. I have a CD burner in the cart at Amazon that is only $17 with Prime.  I am going to get the prime to buy Xmas stuff and to watch the Bills game on December 1.  Not sure if it will actually play in the vehicle. The dealer and the salesman are useless.  They called me in 10 minutes after  I gave them a negative survey GM sent me.  That got their attention. I told them not to post it on the survey but it went straight to GM. They must have got their ass's lit up.  Good.  They made me to every thing. Take the title to Fed Ex, take the plates back, and more.  Drove all over. And  the salesman sat on his ass and gets X amount of money for nothing.

If I use the CD burner that plugs into my MacBook Pro I can burn all of my CD's to the flash drive.  But what you are saying is they have a player that I ran run in the vehicle to play my existing collection?  I have a ton of good CD's.  Full LZ collection,  Pink Floyd (Dark Side Of The Moon), Stones (Get Yer Ya Ya's Out), and more.  I have downloaded some Who that I no longer have like Who's Next and some Pink Floyd songs like Comfortably Numb and Welcome To The Machine,  Must have stuff   Thanks again.  Ill look into it.

No, Chevrolet offers just the interface cable to connect any portable CD player to the car audio system. Portable CD players are cheap and slim, so you could place them easily in a compartment of the central console close at hand.

6 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

No, Chevrolet offers just the interface cable to connect any portable CD player to the car audio system. Portable CD players are cheap and slim, so you could place them easily in a compartment of the central console close at hand.

I really want a player and a burner. But don’t want a battery operated device.  Want something I can plug into the SUV for power?  May go to Best Buy to make sure I get the right choice.