What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

I think you're going to love this one, probably my favorite of the Bootleg Series releases so far.

That's good news, I was thinking about buying this one. I've been on a mid-70's Dylan kick for a while after I first heard an "Idiot Wind" from one of the Hard Rain shows that blew my mind.

That's good news, I was thinking about buying this one. I've been on a mid-70's Dylan kick for a while after I first heard an "Idiot Wind" from one of the Hard Rain shows that blew my mind.

Every single one of them are outstanding but I probably like that one the most. Primo live Dylan.

Well, Jahfin is right. This is an absolutely fabulous look at mid '70s live Dylan. There's a lot of re-worked versions of past works that are frankly better (especially "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You" and "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol". There's also a decent amount of tracks off the mid-70s Dylan albums, like Blood on the Tracks and Desire, with the latter album having live cuts on this album make the studio version seem somewhat pale in comparison, with songs like "Isis" and "Oh, Sister".

I think it might be my favorite of the Bootleg series myself, even though I only have this one and the Royal Albert Hall concert (which is also highly recommended). Go get it! :)

Purchases of the last couple of weeks.

Black Crowes - Warpaint.

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (DVD-A)

Van Morrison - Too Late To Stop Now.

VA - Glastonbury Fayre (1971)

Pink Floyd - PATGOD (3 CD w Book)

Pink Floyd - Meddle (again)

Man - Back into the Future.

Bob Dylan - Hard Rain.

Purchases of the last couple of weeks.

Black Crowes - Warpaint.

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (DVD-A)

Van Morrison - Too Late To Stop Now.

VA - Glastonbury Fayre (1971)

Pink Floyd - PATGOD (3 CD w Book)

Pink Floyd - Meddle (again)

Man - Back into the Future.

Bob Dylan - Hard Rain.

I'm considering getting Warpaint.

How do you like it?

I'm considering getting Warpaint.

How do you like it?

After 3 listens i'm not sure. There is nothing on it that has really stood out for me. Maybe i need to get into a Crowes groove, so i'll put it on my ipod and give it a good blast in work next week....... I'm listening now .... defo better than "By your side" or "Lions" or even "3 Snakes"..... I'm thinking it falls somewhere between "Southern Harmony" & "Amorica".... Ultimately it's a Crowes album so it is an essential purchase.

After 3 listens i'm not sure. There is nothing on it that has really stood out for me. Maybe i need to get into a Crowes groove, so i'll put it on my ipod and give it a good blast in work next week....... I'm listening now .... defo better than "By your side" or "Lions" or even "3 Snakes"..... I'm thinking it falls somewhere between "Southern Harmony" & "Amorica".... Ultimately it's a Crowes album so it is an essential purchase.

I love the song Wounded Bird

I've listened to samples of the rest of the album. Not sure if I'm going to purchase it.

I'm seriously considering buying it too. Well I just got By Your Side and I really like it, so if you say it's better than that then I'll take your advice. The "i'm not sure" part makes me a bit hesitant though :unsure: .

I just bought Warpaint over the weekend, it's good but if you're doubtful you should be able to sample it online somewhere prior to purchasing.

I went to the flea market last weekend and bought

All on Vinyl:

The Cars - Heartbeat City

David Bowie - Station To Station

Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band - Stranger In Town

The Cars - Panorama

James Taylor - Greatest Hits

Crosby & Nash - Whistling Down The Wire

Ric Ocasek - Beatitude

Phil Collins - No Jacket Required

and a Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes - Live At The Greek sticker

Since it's my spring break and I'm one of ten people on my college campus to not be traveling anywhere, I went crazy at my local record stores. It's a note as well that I bought my first batch of vinyl records; they're great.

Vinyl:

e19814eqn7y.jpg

Willie Nelson - Red Headed Stranger

f70152heu19.jpg

Bob Dylan - New Morning

g29416vq2ri.jpg

Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel

CD:

d77680j518r.jpg

Tom Waits - Closing Time

d666622607x.jpg

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps