Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jahfin

What's Your Latest Purchase?

Whitesnake - Snakebite

That was a great little EP in 1978. What form did you buy it in? Is it an EP on disc or did they add it to other material to make an album's worth?

That was a great little EP in 1978. What form did you buy it in? Is it an EP on disc or did they add it to other material to make an album's worth?

It is. I'm trying to get their first few albums on cd but seems some of them are out of print :( This was in CD format. Track listing is as follows:

Come On

Bloody Mary

Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City

Steal Away

Keep on Giving Me Love

Queen of Hearts

Only My Soul

Breakdown

Was this the original listing or they added songs?

The original EP was the first four songs in that list. The other tracks are from Coverdale's (excellent) solo album "Northwinds". I think you can possibly get his two solo albums "Whitesnake" and "Northwinds" on a double CD. I used to play "Northwinds" to death when I was about 14. :)

The original EP was the first four songs in that list. The other tracks are from Coverdale's (excellent) solo album "Northwinds". I think you can possibly get his two solo albums "Whitesnake" and "Northwinds" on a double CD. I used to play "Northwinds" to death when I was about 14. :)

"Northwinds" and "Whitesnake" are also on my list to get :D

The Soundtrack from the Movie More- Pink Floyd... YAY!!!! :D

Also a Syd Barrett poster..(a lot of money..kinda), a Pink Floyd poster(2.49 whoo!!), a Beatles poster for my mother(only 49 cents omg!)..almost got a Jimi poster for my dad, one he's never seen before, and thats saying something.. (sniff, I didnt have enough money.. :'().

51T1t58u2QL._SS500_.jpg

41gzsxvhaaL._SS500_.jpg

51AgAA2poTL._SS500_.jpg

morehipw0.jpg

51f93r6XtHL._SS500_.jpg

...Almost had you Jimi..almost :( Well once I get money..

Edited by theycallmethehunter

51taGCs8cnL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Excellent show by these guys earlier this evening at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill. Hitchcock even broke out a couple of songs he's never done before live, including I'm A Reptile.

51taGCs8cnL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Excellent show by these guys earlier this evening at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill. Hitchcock even broke out a couple of songs he's never done before live, including I'm A Reptile.

Hadn't thought about him for years! I loved his album with the Egyptians "Queen Elvis". One of the first alternative albums I got into.

Hadn't thought about him for years! I loved his album with the Egyptians "Queen Elvis". One of the first alternative albums I got into.

I guess I first heard of him via R.E.M. when Peter Buck would make fairly frequent guest appearances on his records back in the 80s. With most of the touring version of R.E.M. and the Minus Five as his backing band, the Venus 3 (Buck, Scott McCaughey and Bill Rieflin) I decided to check him out a couple of years ago and loved it. As the show went on I noticed more and more songs I was familiar with from the days of 120 Minutes and PostModern MTV. I still haven't picked up any of his older stuff but I can definitely call myself a Robyn Hitchcock fan these days.

The most recent would be Slowhand- Eric Clapton on vunyl. And the one before that would be Who's Next on vinyl.

I guess I first heard of him via R.E.M. when Peter Buck would make fairly frequent guest appearances on his records back in the 80s. With most of the touring version of R.E.M. and the Minus Five as his backing band, the Venus 3 (Buck, Scott McCaughey and Bill Rieflin) I decided to check him out a couple of years ago and loved it. As the show went on I noticed more and more songs I was familiar with from the days of 120 Minutes and PostModern MTV. I still haven't picked up any of his older stuff but I can definitely call myself a Robyn Hitchcock fan these days.

Queen Elvis is a great album. I'd highly recommend it.

Latest purchases:

U2 - No Line On the Horizon

Deep Purple - Stormbringer, Come Taste the Band

Buddy and Julie Miller - Written in Chalk

Speck Mountain - Summer Above

Kelly Clarkson-All I Ever Wanted

Frankie Beverly & Maze-Greatest Hits

Martina McBride-Waking Up Laughing

Sarah McLachlan-Greatest Hits

Queen Elvis is a great album. I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. By the way, here's a link to some photos from last night's show plus photos from some previous Hitchcock appearances in the area (including my first ever Robyn concert from 2008 also at the Cradle).

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. By the way, here's a link to some photos from last night's show plus photos from some previous Hitchcock appearances in the area (including my first ever Robyn concert from 2008 also at the Cradle).

Great photos - did you take those?

Great photos - did you take those?

Not I. I recently invested in my first ever digital camera and even had it on hand but didn't bring it into the show.

One 45:

The Pretty Things - Rosalyn / Big Boss Man (1964)

pthings.jpg

Another 45:

The Roulettes - Bad Time / Can You Go (1964)

A real beat gem, shoulda been a hit!!

Bad Time

Two LP's:

Graham Nash - Songs for beginners (1971)

d595922f1nb.jpg

Free - Highway (1970)

d75138ub42x.jpg

Two LP's:

Graham Nash - Songs for beginners (1971)

d595922f1nb.jpg

Free - Highway (1970)

d75138ub42x.jpg

How's the Graham Nash album? I've not heard it before.