What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

Blues_breakers.gif

On iTunes! I JUST discovered that you can burn things you buy on there to a CD, which is really awesome because now I can listen to it in the car! Thank god (or Eric Clapton - they're interchangeable, right?)!

I also bought Raising Sand for my dad (and myself, hehe).

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

Carrie Underwood's new CD... but I make no claim on that. It was for my niece.

For me, I most recently purchased the Timbaland track, "The Way I Are" from iTunes. I know. Despite the horrible grammar and the fact that it's POP for godssakes, I admit that I like it. Can't help it. I've been infected.

I won a $30 Best Buy gift card from another forum I post at, and I ordered the Mothership deluxe deal with the dvd (turns out the performances are from the 2 dvd box set which i already own, so no new footage for me, but still happy with it. UPS delivered it yesterday!

Life is good.

8494775607259e02.jpg

Remember That Night

David Gimour

Live At The Royal Albert Hall

I just finished watching Disc 1. It is AMAZING! Haven't watched Disc 2 yet.

Anyone who has seen Gilmour or Pink Floyd live will understand. :)

They just don't make bands like this anymore. :(

(I wonder's if Zep's 02 DVD will be as amazing?)

I just received the copy of Tab Benoit's new one, "Power of the Ponchartrain," that I ordered from Amazon. Alas, it is a Christmas gift for my friend Kim. I don't think she'll mind too much if I crack it open and give it a listen before I mail it to her. ;) 'Course, she said she was mailing me my Christmas gift and that it would fit in my mailbox. I'm going to laugh if she got me the same thing.

CD:

The Definitive Collection: The Flying Burrito Brothers (Contains The Gilded Palace of Sin and Burrito Deluxe)

Reggatta de Blanc - The Police

A Trick of The Tail (CD & DVD pack) - Genesis

Desire - Bob Dylan

The Joshua Tree - U2 (for ten bucks at Target)

DVD:

The Green Mile

Crossroads: Clapton's Guitar Festival 2007

The Man With No Name Trilogy (Contains the Sergio Leone films)

Absolutely wonderful book Mona. Very moving and sad but uplifting at the same time.

Enjoy :D

I think I will. My sister read the Kite Runner and loved it. I haven't read that one yet, but she dragged me along to go and see the movie, which I thought was just amazing. :D

I think I will. My sister read the Kite Runner and loved it. I haven't read that one yet, but she dragged me along to go and see the movie, which I thought was just amazing. :D

I haven't seen the movie yet but you must read the book as well. It's even more powerful than the second but they aren't connected so it's not that you have to read one before the other.

I haven't seen the movie yet but you must read the book as well. It's even more powerful than the second but they aren't connected so it's not that you have to read one before the other.

My sister has a copy, I plan on barrowing it sometime. You should see the movie. My sister said that it was very loyal to the book. All the casting was excellent, they didn't add any scenes that weren't in the book, ect...she was impressed with it. I was too, even though I haven't read the book yet. :lol:

My sister has a copy, I plan on barrowing it sometime. You should see the movie. My sister said that it was very loyal to the book. All the casting was excellent, they didn't add any scenes that weren't in the book, ect...she was impressed with it. I was too, even though I haven't read the book yet. :lol:

A friend of mine just saw the movie and said pretty much what you did :lol: She said a lot was left out but there's just so much to the book and it would have been impossible to put it all in a 2 hour movie. I definitely plan to see it soon.

A friend of mine just saw the movie and said pretty much what you did :lol: She said a lot was left out but there's just so much to the book and it would have been impossible to put it all in a 2 hour movie. I definitely plan to see it soon.

Yeah, my sister was suprised that they left some of the stuff out, but overall she thought they did a really good job anyway. They didn't change a whole lot, like what usually happens when books are made into movies, and stuff. Let me know when you see it. :D