What's Your Latest Purchase?

Jahfin

I was at a vinyl fair with a friend and picked up a couple of albums there and one from a record store later:

On vinyl:

The Beatles - Abbey Road

Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds (original UK pressing :) )

And on CD:

Radiohead - OK Computer Collector's Edition, my first Radiohead album and I have to say that I absolutely love it. Climbing Up The Walls :thumbsup:

I was at a vinyl fair with a friend and picked up a couple of albums there and one from a record store later:

On vinyl:

The Beatles - Abbey Road

Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds (original UK pressing :) )

Those are truly fantastic purchases there! "Abbey Road" is a gem (my favourite songs are "You Never Give Me Your Money", "Come Together", "Because" and "Oh Darling" and after "The Dark Side of The Moon", "Obscured By Clouds" is my second favourite album by Pink Floyd of all time! All I can say is "Congratulations and enjoy". :D

Even if I told my mom a 1000 times how much I love her, it still wouldn't be enough because she got me this today :

Photo0276.jpg?t=1284957867

I've been searching for this album for 5 goddamn years and my mom (the angel) found it and bought it for me today (eventhough, she can't stand Hendrix!) :yay: :yay:

Gotta love them CD booklets! B)

Photo0278.jpg?t=1284957867

Photo0277.jpg?t=1284957867

All images courtesy of my Samsung Corby. My digi cam is out of action at the moment :P And this is the first couple of "personal pics" I have posted on this very forum! :lol:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

A couple of brilliant 45's:

Dusty Brown - Yes She's Gone / He Don't Love You (Parrot 1955)

Really nice heavy rhythm'n'blues!! The youtube link is a 78 rpm, while I got me a 45.

Gay Meadows - Ugly Chile / Limbo (Trumpet 1963)

Very obscure r'n'b with extremely funny lyrics!! Cool 45!!!! Can't hardly find anything on the net about this one.

Joe Liggens (misspelt, should be Liggins) - Yeah Yeah Yeah / They Were Doin' The Mambo (Mercury 1954)

Great 50's proto- rocker/r'n'b!! B-side is cool too! Pretty rare!

Baby Boy Jennings and The Satellites - Goin' Home / Little Girl (Savoy 1960)

Yet another great obscure r'n'b single!!

The Esquires -

/ Big Thing (Alley 1966)

Fantastic garage rocker!!! One of my new favourites damn it!!!!!!!!!!

It was a double purchase via Amazon, so I'd get the Super Saver Free Shipping.

The DVD of the movie "2012". The movie itself is a joke and so over the top, but great special effects. Quite entertaining.

Robert's new "Band Of Joy" cd, which I love and am playing to death.

Went by a second hand vinyl store this evening when I was heading home from work. Got a little inspired to look for Black Sabbath albums that I don't have.. Ended up with these three classic albums, all on vinyl:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

f80256rrz9b.jpg

13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere

g18252o8oly.jpg

On their groundbreaking debut album, the 13th Floor Elevators sometimes sounded as if they were still learning how to work with the strange beast of their own creation known as psychedelic rock. But their second set, 1967's Easter Everywhere, found them a great deal more comfortable and confident with their loose and hypnotically trippy approach. Easter Everywhere doesn't have an out-of-the-box classic cut like "You're Gonna Miss Me" or "Fire Engine" from The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators, but in many ways it's a more cohesive and consistent work, and the subtle but effective structures of the longer tracks grow and develop through repeated listenings, while rockers like "She Lives (In a Time of Her Own)" and "Levitation" pack a surprisingly visceral punch. Stacy Sutherland was never a blazing guitar hero, but his concise aural punctuations on the epochal "Slip Inside This House" and a superb cover of Dylan's "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" are perfectly suited to the material. In addition, the rhythm section of Dan Galindo on bass and Danny Thomas on drums locks these songs into place with confidence and skill. The strange patterns of Tommy Hall's electric jug playing are as gloriously bewildering as ever, merging the music of the spheres with an alien attack, and Roky Erickson's vocals make even the most acid-damaged poesy sound passionate, graceful, and wildly alive. And Roky and the Elevators never sounded sweeter and saner than they did on the penultimate tune, "I Had to Tell You," with Roky seemingly offering a postscript to his many sad years to follow with the words "If you fear I'll lose my spirit/Like a drunkard's wasted wine/Don't you even think about it/I'm feeling fine." Even if less influential than The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators, Easter Everywhere is every bit as compelling and a true benchmark of early psychedelic rock — not bad for an album produced by Kenny Rogers' brother.

Electric Prunes - Underground

e257167ydv1.jpg

According to Electric Prunes members Jim Lowe and Mark Tulin, producer Dave Hassinger enjoyed enough success as a result of the group's early hit singles and their subsequent debut album that he was too busy to spend much time with them as they were recording the follow up, and that was arguably a good thing for the band. While Underground didn't feature any hit singles along the lines of "I Had to Much to Dream (Last Night)," it's a significantly more consistent work than the debut, and this time out the group was allowed to write five of the disc's twelve songs, allowing their musical voice to be heard with greater clarity. As on their first LP, the Electric Prunes' strongest asset was the guitar interplay of Jim Lowe, Ken Williams and James "Weasel" Spagnola, and while they became a bit more restrained in their use of fuzztone, wah-wah and tremolo effects, there's a unity in their attack on Underground that's impressive, and the waves of sound on "Antique Doll," "Big City" and " "Children of Rain" reveal a new level creative maturity (though they could make with a wicked, rattling fuzz on "Dr. Do-Good"). If Underground ultimately isn't as memorable as the Electric Prunes' first album, it's a matter of material — while the outside material that dominated the debut was sometimes ill-fitting, it also gave them some stone classic tunes like "I Had Too Much to Dream" and "Get Me to the World on Time," and the band themselves didn't have quite that level of songwriting chops, while the hired hands didn't deliver the same sort of material for Underground. Still, the album shows that the Electric Prunes had the talent to grow into something more mature and imaginative than their reputation suggested, and it's all the more unfortunate that the group's identity would be stripped from them for the next album released under their name, Mass in F Minor.

B003XKB0KS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hawkwind's 16th studio album, released in 1990. Re-released in remastered form with bonus tracks next week, but I get it early and at a cheaper price for being a member of the Atomhenge club. Which is nice! :D

This is an excellent fan-made video of the last track on the album, TV Suicide

Had to bid on a couple of really great Excello 45's.. Got these three:

Lightnin' Slim - Bad Luck And Trouble / Have Your Way (Excello 1956)

Awesome two-sider with great swamp blues. This is Lightnin' Slims fourth single.

Lightnin' Slim - I Leavin' You / Feelin' Awful Blue (Excello 1958 or '59)

The ninth single from Lightnin' Slim, just as great as any of his early singles!

Roscoe Shelton - Is It Too Late Babe / Baby Look What You've Done (Excello 1960)

Really nice rhythm and blues!!

836580.jpeg

Managed to get my hands on this little treasure for just $8 while running errands for my mom last weekend! :D

$8 for 2 discs! Just unbelieveable! :D

51IxrBXW0pL._SS400_.jpg

Thank God for "stock clearance" sales!!! ;)

I'm glad they kept the artwork true to the original (thank you Rhino). I found my copy on vinyl at a flea market in Denver for around 75¢ back in 1979. Of course, in the years since they've released nearly every performance from Woodstock so it kind of makes this one (and the second release) obsolete but it would still be worth having just for old times sake.

I'm glad they kept the artwork true to the original (thank you Rhino). I found my copy on vinyl at a flea market in Denver for around 75¢ back in 1979. Of course, in the years since they've released nearly every performance from Woodstock so it kind of makes this one (and the second release) obsolete but it would still be worth having just for old times sake.

Wow! Just 75 cents for a really awesome album like this? Wow! :D My dad originally had the same version I bought last weekend but the only difference is that it was in cassette form...I think there were either 3 or 4 of them in that pack...not quite sure though! It was so many years ago (1980 to be precise, way before I was born). Sadly, one of them broke, the other got tangled in the cassette player one day and that was it! :blink: And my dad decided to throw away the other cassettes saying that the set won't be complete without the two which were ruined! My dad thought that he would never be able to find this version...he was a bit put-off by the more recent re-releases (I don't quite know why though!). He was really thrilled when I found the version he was looking for, for over 15 years! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Wow! Just 75 cents for a really awesome album like this? Wow! :D My dad originally had the same version I bought last weekend but the only difference is that it was in cassette form...I think there were either 3 or 4 of them in that pack...not quite sure though! It was so many years ago (1980 to be precise, way before I was born). Sadly, one of them broke, the other got tangled in the cassette player one day and that was it! :blink: And my dad decided to throw away the other cassettes saying that the set won't be complete without the two which were ruined! My dad thought that he would never be able to find this version...he was a bit put-off by the more recent re-releases (I don't quite know why though!). He was really thrilled when I found the version he was looking for, for over 15 years! :D

Well, it was at a flea market so that's why I got such a good deal. The vinyl itself was pretty beat up but doesn't skip so that was worth it to me.

51rGiogFP9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

One of my older brothers had this on cassette back in the early 70s. He belonged to the Columbia House Record and Tape club so they were always sending him all kinds of new music. When our family took a trip to Europe in 1972, this is one of the albums he took with him. One of the others was Led Zeppelin IV which came on an orange cassette. I've also seen yellow and plain copies of that record so I'm not sure if was a Columbia House thing or not.

Finally got a vinyl copy of:

The Sadies - Darker Circles (2010)

This one goes in the "best album of 2010" category for me!

n65990qlbml.jpg

While there I found a LP I have been looking for quite a while, and I bought that one too:

Baby Shambles - Shotter's Nation (2007)

Fantastic album, a modern classic!!

j06514jp8j5.jpg

Ebay finds (all 45's):

John Zacherle -

/ Dinner with drac Part 2 (Cameo 1958)

Little Junor Parker -

/
(Duke 1961)

The Triumphs - Burnt bisquits / Raw dough (Volt 1961)

Larry Dale - Big muddy / What your love means to me (Glover 1960)

Chuck Danzy -

/ Jay walking (Nu-Tone 196?)

Louis (Blues Boy) Jones - Come on home / I cried (Sabra 196?)

Willie Harper -

/ New kind of love (Alon 1961)

Triumphs.jpg

Edited by Swede