Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jahfin

What's Your Latest Purchase?

Had to bid on a couple of really great Excello 45's.. Got these three:

Lightnin' Slim - Bad Luck And Trouble / Have Your Way (Excello 1956)

Awesome two-sider with great swamp blues. This is Lightnin' Slims fourth single.

Lightnin' Slim - I Leavin' You / Feelin' Awful Blue (Excello 1958 or '59)

The ninth single from Lightnin' Slim, just as great as any of his early singles!

Roscoe Shelton - Is It Too Late Babe / Baby Look What You've Done (Excello 1960)

Really nice rhythm and blues!!

836580.jpeg

Managed to get my hands on this little treasure for just $8 while running errands for my mom last weekend! :D

$8 for 2 discs! Just unbelieveable! :D

51IxrBXW0pL._SS400_.jpg

Thank God for "stock clearance" sales!!! ;)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Managed to get my hands on this little treasure for just $8 while running errands for my mom last weekend! :D

$8 for 2 discs! Just unbelieveable! :D

51IxrBXW0pL._SS400_.jpg

Thank God for "stock clearance" sales!!! ;)

I'm glad they kept the artwork true to the original (thank you Rhino). I found my copy on vinyl at a flea market in Denver for around 75¢ back in 1979. Of course, in the years since they've released nearly every performance from Woodstock so it kind of makes this one (and the second release) obsolete but it would still be worth having just for old times sake.

I'm glad they kept the artwork true to the original (thank you Rhino). I found my copy on vinyl at a flea market in Denver for around 75¢ back in 1979. Of course, in the years since they've released nearly every performance from Woodstock so it kind of makes this one (and the second release) obsolete but it would still be worth having just for old times sake.

Wow! Just 75 cents for a really awesome album like this? Wow! :D My dad originally had the same version I bought last weekend but the only difference is that it was in cassette form...I think there were either 3 or 4 of them in that pack...not quite sure though! It was so many years ago (1980 to be precise, way before I was born). Sadly, one of them broke, the other got tangled in the cassette player one day and that was it! :blink: And my dad decided to throw away the other cassettes saying that the set won't be complete without the two which were ruined! My dad thought that he would never be able to find this version...he was a bit put-off by the more recent re-releases (I don't quite know why though!). He was really thrilled when I found the version he was looking for, for over 15 years! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Wow! Just 75 cents for a really awesome album like this? Wow! :D My dad originally had the same version I bought last weekend but the only difference is that it was in cassette form...I think there were either 3 or 4 of them in that pack...not quite sure though! It was so many years ago (1980 to be precise, way before I was born). Sadly, one of them broke, the other got tangled in the cassette player one day and that was it! :blink: And my dad decided to throw away the other cassettes saying that the set won't be complete without the two which were ruined! My dad thought that he would never be able to find this version...he was a bit put-off by the more recent re-releases (I don't quite know why though!). He was really thrilled when I found the version he was looking for, for over 15 years! :D

Well, it was at a flea market so that's why I got such a good deal. The vinyl itself was pretty beat up but doesn't skip so that was worth it to me.

51rGiogFP9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

One of my older brothers had this on cassette back in the early 70s. He belonged to the Columbia House Record and Tape club so they were always sending him all kinds of new music. When our family took a trip to Europe in 1972, this is one of the albums he took with him. One of the others was Led Zeppelin IV which came on an orange cassette. I've also seen yellow and plain copies of that record so I'm not sure if was a Columbia House thing or not.

Finally got a vinyl copy of:

The Sadies - Darker Circles (2010)

This one goes in the "best album of 2010" category for me!

n65990qlbml.jpg

While there I found a LP I have been looking for quite a while, and I bought that one too:

Baby Shambles - Shotter's Nation (2007)

Fantastic album, a modern classic!!

j06514jp8j5.jpg

Ebay finds (all 45's):

John Zacherle -

/ Dinner with drac Part 2 (Cameo 1958)

Little Junor Parker -

/
(Duke 1961)

The Triumphs - Burnt bisquits / Raw dough (Volt 1961)

Larry Dale - Big muddy / What your love means to me (Glover 1960)

Chuck Danzy -

/ Jay walking (Nu-Tone 196?)

Louis (Blues Boy) Jones - Come on home / I cried (Sabra 196?)

Willie Harper -

/ New kind of love (Alon 1961)

Triumphs.jpg

Edited by Swede

In the last few weeks I've bought:

Digital:

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

CD:

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Radiohead - Kid A

Vinyl:

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

R.E.M - Murmur

R.E.M - Murmur

Is this the most recent remastered version? If so, I'm just curious how it sounds on vinyl. I have the original vinyl but haven't given it a spin in years. I did pick up the CD remaster and it took me right back to when I heard that record for the very first time. I'm no audiophile but I can say it sounds a bit crisper but still maintains it's Murmur-ness.

Is this the most recent remastered version? If so, I'm just curious how it sounds on vinyl. I have the original vinyl but haven't given it a spin in years. I did pick up the CD remaster and it took me right back to when I heard that record for the very first time. I'm no audiophile but I can say it sounds a bit crisper but still maintains it's Murmur-ness.

I was going to go with the new CD remaster but then stumbled upon an original pressing of the album on vinyl and ordered that instead. It was also cheaper than the CD :).

On vinyl: Empty Glass and All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes by Pete Townshend; Bella Donna by Stevie Nicks; Truth by Jeff Beck; L.A. Woman by the Doors; Street Survivors by Lynyrd Skynyrd; Best Of Cream; and Shake It Up by the Cars. :D

I was going to go with the new CD remaster but then stumbled upon an original pressing of the album on vinyl and ordered that instead. It was also cheaper than the CD :).

Cool. They've also been doing remastered versions of Murmur, Reckoning and Fables of the Reconstruction on vinyl so I was just curious as to if it was one of those. Hell, new vinyl these days cost more than CDs. I remember when it used to be the other way around.

I am so proud of myself for purchasing this in CD format (the bonus track version!)! :wub: BLIND FAITH!!!!!! B)

This album is a must have for any music collection! :wub:

BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg

Fantastic that's for sure! True, the album cover is a bit explicit but it's all about the music and not the album cover! B)

My mom really freaked out when I brought this album home today! LOL! :lol:

Truly one of the best blues rock album I've listened to in a while! Beautiful! :wub:

A bit about the album (courtesy of itunes) :

Blind Faith's first and last album, more than 30 years old and counting, remains one of the jewels of the Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, and Ginger Baker catalogs, despite the crash-and-burn history of the band itself, which scarcely lasted six months. As much a follow-up to Traffic's self-titled second album as it is to Cream's final output, it merges the soulful blues of the former with the heavy riffing and outsized song lengths of the latter for a very compelling sound unique to this band.

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

B003YWUTKM.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg Edited by Ady

I am so proud of myself for purchasing this in CD format (the bonus track version!)! :wub: BLIND FAITH!!!!!! B)

This album is a must have for any music collection! :wub:

BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg

Fantastic that's for sure! True, the album cover is a bit explicit but it's all about the music and not the album cover! B)

My mom really freaked out when I brought this album home today! LOL! :lol:

Truly one of the best blues rock album I've listened to in a while! Beautiful! :wub:

A bit about the album (courtesy of itunes) :

Blind Faith's first and last album, more than 30 years old and counting, remains one of the jewels of the Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, and Ginger Baker catalogs, despite the crash-and-burn history of the band itself, which scarcely lasted six months. As much a follow-up to Traffic's self-titled second album as it is to Cream's final output, it merges the soulful blues of the former with the heavy riffing and outsized song lengths of the latter for a very compelling sound unique to this band.

I've got that one on vinyl, too, but it's with the "clean" album cover. :rolleyes:

I found 1984 by Van Halen and The Madcap Laughs by Syd Barrett, both on vinyl. I'm really excited about the Barrett album! :D

Also, found Shake It Up by the Cars on cassette.