CD:

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Radiohead - Kid A

Vinyl:

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

R.E.M - Murmur

R.E.M - Murmur

Is this the most recent remastered version? If so, I'm just curious how it sounds on vinyl. I have the original vinyl but haven't given it a spin in years. I did pick up the CD remaster and it took me right back to when I heard that record for the very first time. I'm no audiophile but I can say it sounds a bit crisper but still maintains it's Murmur-ness.

Is this the most recent remastered version? If so, I'm just curious how it sounds on vinyl. I have the original vinyl but haven't given it a spin in years. I did pick up the CD remaster and it took me right back to when I heard that record for the very first time. I'm no audiophile but I can say it sounds a bit crisper but still maintains it's Murmur-ness.

I was going to go with the new CD remaster but then stumbled upon an original pressing of the album on vinyl and ordered that instead. It was also cheaper than the CD :).

I was going to go with the new CD remaster but then stumbled upon an original pressing of the album on vinyl and ordered that instead. It was also cheaper than the CD :).

Cool. They've also been doing remastered versions of Murmur, Reckoning and Fables of the Reconstruction on vinyl so I was just curious as to if it was one of those. Hell, new vinyl these days cost more than CDs. I remember when it used to be the other way around.

I am so proud of myself for purchasing this in CD format (the bonus track version!)! :wub: BLIND FAITH!!!!!! B)

This album is a must have for any music collection! :wub:

BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg

Fantastic that's for sure! True, the album cover is a bit explicit but it's all about the music and not the album cover! B)

My mom really freaked out when I brought this album home today! LOL! :lol:

Truly one of the best blues rock album I've listened to in a while! Beautiful! :wub:

A bit about the album (courtesy of itunes) :

Blind Faith's first and last album, more than 30 years old and counting, remains one of the jewels of the Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, and Ginger Baker catalogs, despite the crash-and-burn history of the band itself, which scarcely lasted six months. As much a follow-up to Traffic's self-titled second album as it is to Cream's final output, it merges the soulful blues of the former with the heavy riffing and outsized song lengths of the latter for a very compelling sound unique to this band.

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I am so proud of myself for purchasing this in CD format (the bonus track version!)! :wub: BLIND FAITH!!!!!! B)

This album is a must have for any music collection! :wub:

BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg

Fantastic that's for sure! True, the album cover is a bit explicit but it's all about the music and not the album cover! B)

My mom really freaked out when I brought this album home today! LOL! :lol:

Truly one of the best blues rock album I've listened to in a while! Beautiful! :wub:

A bit about the album (courtesy of itunes) :

Blind Faith's first and last album, more than 30 years old and counting, remains one of the jewels of the Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, and Ginger Baker catalogs, despite the crash-and-burn history of the band itself, which scarcely lasted six months. As much a follow-up to Traffic's self-titled second album as it is to Cream's final output, it merges the soulful blues of the former with the heavy riffing and outsized song lengths of the latter for a very compelling sound unique to this band.

I've got that one on vinyl, too, but it's with the "clean" album cover. :rolleyes:

I found 1984 by Van Halen and The Madcap Laughs by Syd Barrett, both on vinyl. I'm really excited about the Barrett album! :D

Also, found Shake It Up by the Cars on cassette.

I've got that one on vinyl, too, but it's with the "clean" album cover. :rolleyes:

I found 1984 by Van Halen and The Madcap Laughs by Syd Barrett, both on vinyl. I'm really excited about the Barrett album! :D

Also, found Shake It Up by the Cars on cassette.

So, Blind Faith on vinyl? Wow! Sweet! :D And sorry that you have the ummm..."censored" version of the album cover! Sheesh! :wacko:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Nothing post 1990:lol: Put that in your corn pipe and smoke it. the sevenites rule!!!!!!!

LOL! :lol: You sound just like my dad. He's 56 years old and he pretty much doesn't fancy anything post-1990 either! :lol:

For instance, when the last "Rolling Stones" album came out in 2005 ("A Bigger Bang"), I bought it out of curiousity and to be honest, I loved it. Given the fact that my dad loves "The Stones", I thought he'll really enjoy the album. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong! He kept giving me all kinds of lame excuses saying that he is way too busy to actually listen to it and I pretty much gave up in the end! He also told me that he wanted to remember "The Stones" for who they were! My face on hearing his reply looked like this : :blink: Hell, I don't think he will even think of checking out that new album by David Gilmour! Even if Led Zeppelin was to produce new material right now, my dad will just say no! He'll probably say "Zep died, when Bonzo died".

I also tried to get him to check out "Radio Moscow" who sound so much like Clapton and Hendrix (my dad's favourite guitarists of all time apart from Jimmy Page of course) and his reply was "Don't get me wrong, I don't want to listen to a kiddie band!". I guess he said that because Radio Moscow consists of members who are 20-somethings!

I, on the other hand, thanks to this forum, last.fm, firmly believe that there are so many amazing bands out there these days. You just have to open your heart, mind and soul and of course do a bit of running around and literally pounce on the new stuff and try your very best to stay away from the radio which is a pretty fucked up indicator of what's actually good these days! :lol: When I find amazing new stuff (especially bands in the underground scene which very few people have heard of), I feel this sense of joy and accomplishment knowing full well that I have discovered obscure and underrated gems! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Filling in some gaps in my CD collection via Amazon. Found most of these new for around $5 or less each with only a few exceptions. Some I have never owned, others are upgrades from vinyl to CD (if you can call that an "upgrade"). One, The Earl Scruggs Revue Live From Austin City Limits, is a record I've been waiting forever to be released on CD. This classic finally found a home on the Wounded Bird record label last year. As did the Del Fuegos Boston, Mass.

41AzOGgq1BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg91e41363ada0ea9639d60110.L._AA300_.jpg0990e03ae7a00f38a8832210.L._AA300_.jpg41RASJE9R2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg5193zhwMrmL._SL500_AA300_.jpge90981b0c8a0d3b9071fe110.L._AA300_.jpg515234AVPHL._SL500_AA300_.jpgb5461363ada094c67707d010.L._AA300_.jpg31KKqlycdnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51jtB5XhdAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61fCdkzeQKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Jahfin