"Slash Denies Led Zeppelin Tour Rumour"

Hand_Of_Omega_91

How about something new??? .... until another reunion show..

Page, Jones, Bonham and Chris Cornell (doing new material, some Cornell solo things, Zep classics and maybe a Soundgarden thing or two)...

R B)

Ya know, that would probably be really, really good. The more I think about it,

the better I like it.

Cornell can also nail those high notes that Plant can't hit anymore.

Also, songs like Outshined, Black Daze and Black Hole Sun would fit right into a set of Zeppelin songs.

I think it would be great.

Cornell doesn't have any tour dates right now:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/768162/...m_header_search

It'd be the best thing for all of them right now (until another one off or something with Plant).

Page, Jones and Jason want to play...

Question is: would Chris Cornell do it if asked and would the others ask him?

R B)

I'll bet if the price was right, he'd do it. Shit, he sang RATM songs, why not Zeppelin?

Where do these people get these ideas that Zeppelin will choose THEM to open?

Everyone from here to f-ing JUPITER knows that Zeppelin has never had an opening act since they became headliners. Dogs know it. Seniors know it. Monks know it. Everyone except Duff, of course.

Here's where the story came from. Apparently Jimmy and Duff had a conversation at an awards show. He doesn't really explain what it was that Jimmy told him.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/cl...elps_jimmy_page

So far as I know he's only seen Velvet Revolver in concert once and that was at the Odeon in Hammersmith on September 2, 2004. During the show Slash announced from the stage "Jimmy Page is in the house!"

Imo, if it wasn't for the Krauss tour, we might have had some news. Naturally, Robert wants to concentrate on that at the moment. I'm not expecting anything (if there is anything!) to be announced until at least the Autumn. Jason's also got committments with Foreigner for most of the year. But let's face it, we will be discussing this until the cows come home :)

I am just sittin here waiting for the Cow's to come on and Tour Dates . Heck I am a Saint's fan Been Waiting on the impossible all my life just as well keep up the hope for the rest of my life.Saints win Superbowl Led Zeppelin World Tour with Front Row for both events.

Here's where the story came from. Apparently Jimmy and Duff had a conversation at an awards show. He doesn't really explain what it was that Jimmy told him.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/cl...elps_jimmy_page

Thanks- this is a "classic" example of how Duff started the rumor mill. I read somewhere that he said his quote was taken out of context, but now it's clear HE took this "conversation" out of context and Slash had to correct him. In Duff's defense, nobody really remembers what was said at these parties- they're all shit faced by the first course. (Just ask Noel Gallagher!) It's ironic that Jimmy's the sober one at these parties now... a lit-el 'twist' from the old days. B)

Archived