Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
guitarmy

Led Zeppelin fan age

How many years gone?  

911 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• 15 or below
    • 16-23
    • 24-30
    • 31-36
    • 37-43
    • 44-48
    • 49-54
    • 55-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76+

34 years here. First recollection of Zeppelin? Jeeze- 3 years old? My sister is 16 years older than me. She loved Robert Plant. But it was always Jimmy for me, even at the tender age of 3!

But Robert was singing,

"She's only 3 years old and that's a real fine way to start"

Maybe Jimmy helped write the lyrics. ;)el1izm.jpg

Edited by Devil's Haircut

But Robert was singing,

Er, I'm going to sound like a real spoilsport here, but I think that's a bit sick, especially as Robert was singing about his little daughter. :P

Er, I'm going to sound like a real spoilsport here, but I think that's a bit sick, especially as Robert was singing about his little daughter. :P

Lordy, it is a full year and 7 months before I was even born when Houses came out! I'm sure he meant no disrespect. I knew who the line was in reference to, just thought I was a funny correlation.

I don't need to be ruffling any feathers around here.

Edited by Carrieanna31

Lordy, it is a full year and 7 months before I was even born when Houses came out! I'm sure he meant no disrespect. I knew who the line was in reference to, just thought I was a funny correlation.

I don't need to be ruffling any feathers around here.

It was the Jimmy implication that I thought was, well, inappropriate in that context--but I know you meant no disrespect, Carrieanna31. :)

It was the Jimmy implication that I thought was, well, inappropriate in that context--but I know you meant no disrespect, Carrieanna31. :)

:D No Harm, No foul, Aqua!

But Robert was singing,

That's my favorite line from all their songs! The line, I think is about Carmen Plant.

I was fasincated when I would hear "Kashmir" when I was around 4. I was glued to the radio or whatever. I didn't realise until I got back into them that the song was as old as I was. Physical Graffetti came out about month before I was born and Jimmy was in LA the very night I was born. They did one of their shows at the Forum, so he was on just the other side of the country!

Edited by aen27

I cannot get over some of the ages of some of the fans on this thread,I just think its fantastic that Zeppelin are so well liked by guys and girls so,compared to me,young.Knocked out!

16. Only been a big fan for 4 years.

19 but just started listening to them my sophomore year in high school and now they quickly destroyed any band i had ever heard at the time.. and still do.. greatest band i have ever heard and ever will

What should be very clear is that Led Zeppelin is a band that TRANSCENDS generations now.

You can not find another band in the modern era (post WWII) that still resonates with its audience 29 years after their last tour/album.

Being old at 36.. the only shot I ever had at even comming close to seeing the songs I love performed live was on the Plant & Page tour back in 92' or was it 93? Anyhow..

Thats as close as I will ever get to them as I was just a baby in their heyday.

14, Ive been a fan forever, I think. I was raised on Zep, and Jimi Hendrix, and other things( I dont feel like typing a lot...) Ive always loved them, and of course they are my favorite band. I think my most prized possessions are my LZ records, then next...comes my cats( Sorry Meow-meow, Fatty, and Middy). But, I dont really consider them possessions...

Edited by theycallmethehunter

I think its awesome because it really tells how much the band is successful and loved, even by the younger people. It's really awesome to see them still selling albums from roughly 30 years ago, and most likely 30 years from now as well! :D

:blink: Wow ...I am TOTALLY amazed at how young most of you are here!!!

Also think it's Awesome!I was 15 when The Mighty Led Zeppelin came to my town...My mom said..."No Way!!"I didn't talk to her for a whole 2 weeks!!!(little did I know at the time...much to my dismay and added aggravation!!!..That would be the last time they would EVER come to town...........)The year was 1975.I grew up...had kids and have now had the extereme pleasure of seeing Robert not once,but 2 times!!5 rows from the front for his tour with The Strange Sensation and once again 5 rows back for his tour with Allison! I have to say the man still has Mojo B)!!

I'm excited that the younger generation is here with us ever enjoying the Mighty Zep!!(Yes,my kids like them too!)

I'm 16.

I've liked LZ, I admit, since only 15...

But since dad showed me how to play bass for it..my love has grown.

Such wonderful music!..I still can't figure out how I couldn't have liked them all those years...

I guess my head was too full of Beatles, Monkees, Joplin, Bowie, and Alice Cooper... :lol: