Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
guitarmy

Led Zeppelin fan age

How many years gone?  

911 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• 15 or below
    • 16-23
    • 24-30
    • 31-36
    • 37-43
    • 44-48
    • 49-54
    • 55-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76+

Well, look at us 16-23 year olds go! w00t for the new generation! Interesting that the 37-43 group has so many people...do you suppose that's because they were the youngest group who could've been fans while Zep was still together, and that, being almost 20 years younger than the original baby boomer crowd who would've been in their 20s when Zep started in 1968, they're more likely to use technology like message boards? Not that people over 40 never use computers - my dad's 59 and he knows more about computers than I do - but still, younger people overall do tend to keep up with technology because they're used to it, right?

43 here. Been listening since I was about 6 years old (thanks to my brothers)

Edited by marygrace

Well, look at us 16-23 year olds go! w00t for the new generation! Interesting that the 37-43 group has so many people...do you suppose that's because they were the youngest group who could've been fans while Zep was still together, and that, being almost 20 years younger than the original baby boomer crowd who would've been in their 20s when Zep started in 1968, they're more likely to use technology like message boards? Not that people over 40 never use computers - my dad's 59 and he knows more about computers than I do - but still, younger people overall do tend to keep up with technology because they're used to it, right?

Yeah..my group (37-43) grew up listening to Led Zeppelin. Soundtrack of our lives for most of us, especially my high school years. Old enough to remember the last few albums coming out.......old enough to go see Song Remains the Same at the midnight show every Friday night.......but maybe a little too young to go see them live. I think that's why there's a whole lot of people in our age group on here. We're the ones that caught the tail end of the height of Led Zeppelin, but probably we're the most frustrated since we want the oppty to see them live. I can remember sitting in Spanish class in high school when I heard about the death of John Bonham and realizing I'd probably never have the chance to see them live. I still have hope I may get the chance...since I always thought the midnight show was as close as I'd ever get.

Yeah..my group (37-43) grew up listening to Led Zeppelin. Soundtrack of our lives for most of us, especially my high school years. Old enough to remember the last few albums coming out.......old enough to go see Song Remains the Same at the midnight show every Friday night.......but maybe a little too young to go see them live. I think that's why there's a whole lot of people in our age group on here. We're the ones that caught the tail end of the height of Led Zeppelin, but probably we're the most frustrated since we want the oppty to see them live. I can remember sitting in Spanish class in high school when I heard about the death of John Bonham and realizing I'd probably never have the chance to see them live. I still have hope I may get the chance...since I always thought the midnight show was as close as I'd ever get.

That's a pretty sad story. :( I'm sorry to hear about that.

Obviously my feelings were the very same as i reliazed i didn't get the tickets to this 02 concert.

due to when I was born ¬_¬ I've never had the oppurtunity to see zeppelin, a '08 tour would be a dream come true for me

Ditto

It's sad, but you've said exactly what I feel. I'm 43 and would love to have had the chance to seen LZ. I was just too young.

Edited by Ramblin_Rose

42 years old here, but with much older siblings I was lucky enough to be introduced to music by bands most kids my age wouldn't be. While my friends were listening to Journey and REO Speedwagon, I was listening to Zappa, Elvis Costello, The Clash, and of course Zep. I do remember 1980 very well, for me it was the worst year for music as far as I can remember, the accidental death of John Bonham and the murder of John Lennon. I don't remember exactly where I was when I found out about Bonzo, but I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard about JWL.

We did grow up in a funky time, the tail end of Zep, ~5 years old when The Beatles disbanded, Keith Moon, Hendrix, Janis, far too many died far too soon, and most by their own destructive ways.

Edited by WheresTheBridge

I'm going to be 18 in a couple months. I got into Zeppelin a couple years ago thanks to my dad mainly..... he had the remastered CD box set. What's even more awesome is that he still has all the old Led Zeppelin albums (as well as the Beatles and some 'Stones and various other groups) on vinyl and we have a thirty plus year old record player..... I love listening to Zepp on that thing.... I make that side of the house shake from the bass/drums :lol:

You know, to be honest, I'm 15, but I marked 16-23. I refuse to be grouped with the 13-year-old wannabes <_< .

Umm, why? If they like Zeppelin, and go on this forum why are they wannabes?

Ditto

It's sad, but you've said exactly what I feel. I'm 43 and would love to have had the chance to seen LZ. I was just too young.

same here....38, so I really got turned on to them pretty much right after JB passed and they were done. I remember one of my friends introduced me to "The Song Remains the Same".........and my life was changed forever

sadly after many years of listening to all the records, bootlegs, watching TSRTS a thousand times, seeing Jimmy with The Firm a few times" and solo once.....I sort of drifted away from Zep over the last 10 years or so, until all of this current buzz caused me to dig up the tunes again and start the obsession all over again

takes me back! in a good way

23 and still counting...

Fan since I was... hm... my dad loves Led Zepp. He listens their music every day. So I got stoned with 13 or 14, I guess. It's the soundtrack of my life.

54 been listening to zep since high school with an 8 track underdash player and a set of bass 48s in the back window of my 67 mustang fastback