• 37-43
    • 44-48
    • 49-54
    • 55-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76+

^^^^ Which is a really good thing. At least some members of the younger generation actually listen to some good music. :thumbsup:

Led Zeppelin were the greatest band ever created and no other band will ever get to the standard that they set.

I dunno if anyone else agrees but i find modern music a pile of bull-shit.

The power of music is lost.......can it ever be retrived?

Whenever i play my Led Zep or other bands in that time she always says "you do realise that this is the "21st century and no-one listens to this music anymore,people move on" <_<<_<

Led Zeppelin were the greatest band ever created and no other band will ever get to the standard that they set.

I dunno if anyone else agrees but i find modern music a pile of bull-shit.

The power of music is lost.......can it ever be retrived?

Whenever i play my Led Zep or other bands in that time she always says "you do realise that this is the "21st century and no-one listens to this music anymore,people move on" <_<<_<

I always say, that the music was better back then! I love this "old" music!It is the time-proved quality!

And I agree- today it is a lot of bullshit- it has no melody, no fascinating rhytm, no phantasy- or it is all remix and remake-isn´t there anybody who would be able to write some original song?

Or maybe I´m already getting old and I don´t understand the "modern" music... :D :D :D

I´m also wondering if some of today´s "hits" will be played in 30 years! :)

I always say, that the music was better back then! I love this "old" music!It is the time-proved quality!

And I agree- today it is a lot of bullshit- it has no melody, no fascinating rhytm, no phantasy- or it is all remix and remake-isn´t there anybody who would be able to write some original song?

Damn right you are! In my opinion, the music between 1960-1990 was the best, and everything after that was and is pure shit. Music before that was good too, but I listen to little or none of the music from that time.

I'm 17, by the way.

Damn right you are! In my opinion, the music between 1960-1990 was the best, and everything after that was and is pure shit. Music before that was good too, but I listen to little or none of the music from that time.

I'm 17, by the way.

i agree. plus music back then had pure magic into it and the artists earned their way intot he music industry like the beatles for example the got refused so many times but they kept on trying and trying, they had a REAL passion for what they did, nowerdays i guess if someone form this generation got refused they would just give up saying "we tried".

the magic of music is dieing.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered Zeppelin when I was 10 (1976). Having grown up in a musical family (my dad was a classical pianist), nothing (with the possible exception of the Grateful Dead) has defined my life so profoundly. Everything else. however good, has been secondary. There's Zeppelin, and then there's the rest. :beer:

But that's just me. B)

My answer to that is No, in my class there were people who were listening to some bass hunter and a week later they though that it was a boring song............led zeppelin came to the music industry and everyone listened to their music, 40 years later people still do........same with the beatles.

We hear alot these days about how people grow up and only love the music of their 'generation'. By that logic, I shouldn't care for Beethoven or Mozart because they were born over 175 years before I was.

Led Zeppelin is timeless music and we sensed that when we were kids and knew it by the time we were 20. I'm 44 by the way, but people think I'm early 30 something. I remember saying to people who didn't like Zeppelin that '30 years from now they will still be listening to Led Zep' and here we are!

In architecture as well as music, 'classical' never goes out of style.

Or maybe I´m already getting old and I don´t understand the "modern" music... :D :D :D

I don't think one's actual 'age' has anything to do with it. It's all about 'attitude'. And you're absolutely right, music was better back then. Page-and the rest of the boys- understood dynamics, contrasts, change-ups, texture, arrangements, and of course melody. Page is the 'Great Arranger', the virtuoso multi-talented guitarist of our age. Led Zeppelin will be played for as long as man has access to electricity. And if the power goes out? Well, we'll sing Zep songs around the bonfire. Or the bonzofire.

Let me add that Page and Plant had a sense of stagecraft, of showmanship, that most bands-then and now-have no inkling of, and, of course, Zeppelin had the power of real talent to back it up!

• 1 month later...

I'm 32 so I'm definately not part of their first wave of fans--I was only five when they split up. My three siblings are six to eight years older than me so I grew up listening to a lot of things my peers weren't exposed to. My sister passed her LZ vinyl records down to me when she moved out. I still have them.

I had two friends in high school who were into LZ: one was a little sister, like I was. The other's dad was a fan from back in the day who still had his LZ eight-tracks and his eight-track player. I remember listening to them in her living room.

It makes me happy to see that LZ has so many teenage fans.

Tommy's Age: 23 (and like a few posters before me, equally as single :angry: )

I thought there would be alot of older people, but I think the reason there isn't is because alot of older people aren't p1ssing around on the internet like us youngins.

I'm just as shocked at all the 16-and-unders. I figured all the sh1t music of the 2000's might have killed off any true music fans, but I guess theres still some up-and-comers left! (Thank god).

I don't think one's actual 'age' has anything to do with it. It's all about 'attitude'. And you're absolutely right, music was better back then. Page-and the rest of the boys- understood dynamics, contrasts, change-ups, texture, arrangements, and of course melody. Page is the 'Great Arranger', the virtuoso multi-talented guitarist of our age. Led Zeppelin will be played for as long as man has access to electricity. And if the power goes out? Well, we'll sing Zep songs around the bonfire. Or the bonzofire.

Let me add that Page and Plant had a sense of stagecraft, of showmanship, that most bands-then and now-have no inkling of, and, of course, Zeppelin had the power of real talent to back it up!

Not necessarily true! I have a turntable and all Zeppelin's studio albums (and some bootlegs) on vinyl.

If the electricity dies out, I am fully prepared to spin records around by hand with my ear almost on top of the needle to try to pick up any sort of sound it makes, however "not loud" it may be.

I suggest that no electricity ever happened, everyone follow my lead in doing this.

(Listening to Zeppelin truly un-plugged, is better than no Zeppelin at all, amIright?)

53 years young....great there's so many younger fans to keep the zep going....saw them in the apollo in 72'...4 times at earls court and also knebworth...plant and page at s.e.c.c. a few times plus some plant gigs....i remember getting up for work one morning in 1980,hearing on the radio that bonham had died and going straight back to bed...baaaad day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived