• 37-43
    • 44-48
    • 49-54
    • 55-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76+

39, and started listening to Zep in 1979. And you kids that think you are old in your teens - give me a break. Wait till you have actual responsibilities in life (for either yourself or kids your age), and you will pray to be a teen again. Or, then again maybe you'll be like my 30 year old brother, married with a 7 year old and has NEVER moved out of mom's house. Enjoy your youth while you have it.

I'm 48.

First memories of really listing to Led Zeppelin, was in 1973 at the age of 13.

Saw them April 20th, 1977, at Riverfront Colisum, Cincinnati, Ohio.

1980,hearing on the radio that bonham had died and going straight back to bed...baaaad day.

I too heard the news from the radio about John’s passing, on the local rock station in Columbus.

After the DJ made the announcement, he played Bad Company's, Shooting Star...

Ever since that September day in 1980 when I hear this song, I now associate it to John Bonham.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah..my group (37-43) grew up listening to Led Zeppelin. Soundtrack of our lives for most of us, especially my high school years. Old enough to remember the last few albums coming out.......old enough to go see Song Remains the Same at the midnight show every Friday night.......but maybe a little too young to go see them live. I think that's why there's a whole lot of people in our age group on here. We're the ones that caught the tail end of the height of Led Zeppelin, but probably we're the most frustrated since we want the oppty to see them live. I can remember sitting in Spanish class in high school when I heard about the death of John Bonham and realizing I'd probably never have the chance to see them live. I still have hope I may get the chance...since I always thought the midnight show was as close as I'd ever get.

I was in history class. I remember it vividly. They were to play two nights in Pittsburgh in November. There was such excitement that we were finally going to get to see them and then such sadness when we heard of John's death.

i'm 19 :)

i fell in love with led zeppelin when i was like - 9 years old - the same day i fell in love with the music.

my dad was playing 'babe, i'm gonna leave you' from his old record and right then i realized - yeah, they are a band, THE band for me. i sang their songs without understanding any of it, yeah :D but .. the sound was like - amazing! and getting older, i looked deeper into the lyrics..

thank u dad :) spread the sound.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 47 and have been listening to Zep for 35 years. (Yes, I was quite young but had a cool uncle who turned me on to them.) I thought there would be a much higher percentage of older fans in this poll. It's great to see the young fans represented. My youngest child (19) and all her friends love Zep!

I'm 47 and have been listening to Zep for 35 years. (Yes, I was quite young but had a cool uncle who turned me on to them.) I thought there would be a much higher percentage of older fans in this poll. It's great to see the young fans represented. My youngest child (19) and all her friends love Zep!

i agree, i'm impressed by how many younger fans we have. good stuff!

hahahaha.....it's true, i grew up listening to rock and roll...blame my parents :P I didn't know what i was listening but i liked!!!

hahahaha.....it's true, i grew up listening to rock and roll...blame my parents :P I didn't know what i was listening but i liked!!!

Yeah, parents get all the blame! But in this case, it's all good because we're talking about turning kids on to the greatest band of all time! I have done my best to educate my children on Zep, and rock music in general. I sure wouldn't want to be accused of not schooling them in the ways of real music, especially with some of the stuff that's played on the radio nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 43. Wonderful to see how many young fans there are on here. I became a fan myself in 1975, and LZ has been my all time favorite group at least since 1977. There have been times when it wasn't very 'cool' to like them, but those days are long since over, and I think their status in rock history is ensured by now: The Beatles are the only group that can possibly be seen as ranking with them - up there, on the summit, so to speak. :)

... Yes, indeed... Great music always rules (regardless of what the "charts" or critics say. :D

I was in a local record store yesterday and there was a younger listener checking out a cd near the counter when I was getting ready to check out and he was reading the cd booklet to physical grafitti and was really into it.

I just smiled and made my purchase before leaving. :)

R B)

It's amazing how 40% of the posters are under 24 years old and Zeppelin disbanded almost 30 years ago. Shows how their music still inspires youth the most. Even after some of their music is 40 years old.

So true Nick. I sometimes make the mistake of forgetting that Zeppelin means so much to them too. The journey continues B)

Just voted for the 31-36 age group ;) . Unlike Ally, I attribute any signs of still ticking not to imported beer but to red wine :D

That works too ! Keep takin' a lickin' it's the oooonly way to fly :D

Archived