Best version of Communication Breakdown?

Zoso2112

everyone is just spot on?....better listen again. :blink:

hmmm... maybe you could care to explain what you are referring to? bonzo is spot on... jimmy is spot on with amazing solos... jonesy is spot on, with his solo too... robert is as spot on as any 1969 performance i've heard. so what are you talking about?

hmmm... maybe you could care to explain what you are referring to? bonzo is spot on... jimmy is spot on with amazing solos... jonesy is spot on, with his solo too... robert is as spot on as any 1969 performance i've heard. so what are you talking about?

Page is way over playing! just listen to TKAR. he is playing so fast that plant could hardly keep up. this happens throughout the entire show.....listen :D

well... i guess you're kinda right.. he cuts that last repeated note short and skips ahead a bit. thanks for ruining it for me.... lol.

anyway, i also want to add that the 1971 Osaka Japan version of CB is pretty good too. but i'm sure there's something wrong with that one too. i guess at the beginning bonzo didn't really know what jimmy was going to do... but that's cool.

well... i guess you're kinda right.. he cuts that last repeated note short and skips ahead a bit. thanks for ruining it for me.... lol.

anyway, i also want to add that the 1971 Osaka Japan version of CB is pretty good too. but i'm sure there's something wrong with that one too. i guess at the beginning bonzo didn't really know what jimmy was going to do... but that's cool.

I never said there was anything wrong with it. he's just over playing. I love the show for crying out loud! but his over playing is pretty obvious. but not really what I would consider a mistake. :(

infact I love every Led-Zeppelin show..(well Tempe77 and Greensboro75.. those two shows offer nothing!) :( but that's it. two shows out of a couple houndred I have heard. :o

I don't view Zeppelin boards to put them down at all. that's the other people. just check out some of my post on my profile.....it's all good :D

edit...I forgot to ask. which Osaka Japan show are you talking about the 28th or the 29th?

the 29th. and mind you, i've only heard 12 recordings of CB so my experience is lacking.

and to add, it just seems like every time i listen to one it seems like the best one... that's what i love about zeppelin. as soon as you neglect to listen to something and go back to it you realize how AMAZING it is. like, i hadn't listened to 4/27/69 for a while, and i just put it on... its so great.

• 5 years later...

Earls Court 75 Is my favorite. The reggae interlude was crazy and Zep pulled it off perfectly! Besides for that I think a lot of the versions were very similar, though I listen to them all time to time. I wish it was played on HTWWW and TSRTS (except it was used as an encore in 73 and The Ocean was killer on it and Thank you would've been my first choice) but I guess they made up for not putting it on those two by putting it on BCC 3 times haha I'm going to find the one people are saying has GTBT intro..

Anybody that doesn't like the "Communication Breakdown" from September 4, 1970 is crazy. Also, the CB from the evening show of September 19, 1970 is killer...especially the way it savagely segues from a rare "Out on the Tiles" into CB. For a great example of the band crashing into CB from the intro of "Good Times Bad Times", look no further than the October 10, 1969 L'Olympia show. Recognize, people!

For a great example of the band crashing into CB from the intro of "Good Times Bad Times", look no further than the October 10, 1969 L'Olympia show. Recognize, people!

I've been listening to that show this week. That is a GREAT version of GTBT/CB! :thumbsup:

I know they're not original choices, but mine are

1970/09/04

1972/06/25

1975/02/13

1975/05/25

1977/06/25.

Since they are your choices and you wrote the post yourself, Sue, they are 'original' choices. They originated from your mind and no one else's. Now, they may be common picks among us Zepheads, but for good reason. They kick ass.

Who among you can listen to the May 25, 1975 CB and not crack a smile? Not have your darkness lifted and replaced by light?

March 21, 1970 Vancouver is another great one, including Plant's improvising of "People" and "Ramble On" lyrics! :)

• 7 months later...

Try listening to New Orleans 5/14/1973!! I have seen very little comments or reviews on this show, yet I believe that is when and where Zep got CB absolutely perfect! On the copy I have, the whole show sounds a little poor quality but CB sounds very good quality. I promise you won't regret taking the time to listen.

RAH, Blueberry Hill, 1.11.69, 3.21.70, 6.24.69, 5.24.75 ("Jamaican Breakdown"), 9.29.71 are some of my favorites.

I don't believe they played "Communication Breakdown" 5/24/75, the 25th is when they dropped the "Jamaican Breakdown" as you referred to, with a bit of D'yer Mak'er in the mix....

I don't believe they played "Communication Breakdown" 5/24/75, the 25th is when they dropped the "Jamaican Breakdown" as you referred to, with a bit of D'yer Mak'er in the mix....

Yeah! 5/25 I couldn't remember if was 24th or the 25th. I call it the Jamaican Breakdown considering Robert says he wants to be a Jamaican at the end of the song haha.

My favorite Communication Breakdown is from Nassau Coliseum, N.Y. 2/13/75 w/Ronnie Wood joing them on stage. The soundboard of this show is available under the title "Kings Of The Stone Age"

• 3 months later...

Archived